B

BILTIZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill keep it simple and hope the pros give us some of their personal oponion
Now that covid poker boom is gone and with it much recreational players
Now that poker rooms are promoting more and more high variance ganes like spon and go max or spin and gold
Now that the trackers and solvers are more sofisticated then ever
Now that the regs are everywhere and tighter than ever
Is online poker still worth it if u want to make a profit ? Is the equation P= time * m. Invested still valid in 2022 online poker world ?
Try not to be biased guys just be objective and if u know a way say the truth
Thank u all

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes winning in online poker is still possible, but a high hourly winrate is not easy to achieve. So if its worth your time will depend on, what you would alternatively do, if online poker was not there. If the alternative is Netflix, and you enjoy playing, then winning anything at all is just a bonus. But if you are considering to quit your dayjob to play online poker for a living, then you might want to think twice before taking that step.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker because I love this game and it always gives me pleasure, no matter the outcome. For me, poker is a great pastime. Of course, it's nice to win money, but I don't treat poker as a business or investment project.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it has almost always been difficult to emerge victorious from the mass of poker players, aside from the early days of online poker. Nevertheless, those professionals needed to maintain their poker shape and constantly progress in their game in order to remain in the ranks of profitable poker players.
If at the moment you can become a consistently profitable player, this speaks of your non-trivial abilities. But do not forget that young people now do not want to learn and read something, so there is still a chance to become a pro in poker)).

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say that it is absolutely still positive! Even after the covid recreation players leave, most may stay. The overall poker community is bigger than ever, allowing us to have many games and some with massive prize pools!

The goal is still the same if you want to win, have your bankroll and play accordingly, I wouldn't let something like this distract me at the tables, if it does affect the game in any way it wouldn't be much. In my opinion.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course you can. Don't worry about your win and loss record worry about your bankroll.

A

AlabamaCam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You’ll have ups and downs but patience will always help you build your bank.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Now that poker rooms are promoting more and more high variance ganes like spon and go max or spin and gold
Is online poker still worth it if u want to make a profit ? Is the equation P= time * m. Invested still valid in 2022 online poker world ?
Thank u all
I'd have to go with a yes, because I'm proof. Albeit I seem to remember raking it in easier before Black Friday, but it is still doable. I bought into a site for $25 over six years ago, after Black Friday, and have run it up to over $15,000. Think I could have done the same thing in two or three years prior to Black Friday.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is you just need to become patient a wait for opportunity.

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes it is but many years ago it was much more easyer then today

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The thing we often overlook about pros and regs is that they generally play systematically. They’re usually playing multiple tables and they have little time or desire to “think” about each play. They have specific opening ranges and they play them in specific ways suited to the “target population”.

The key is to read between the lines and go from there. I generally find if I’m having trouble at a certain level I move up a level or two or three and things improve markedly because I’m no longer in the “target population”.

Last edited:
Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Of course it's possible to win in 2022, but I think there are many better players than in past years, poker is evolving year after year and with it great players appear and improve themselves in what they play!
It seems to me that the key focuses a lot on the study and commitment that you put into improving, obviously the luck factor also influences!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need to dedicate yourself to the game and have more discipline than a couple years ago. I remember when I started around 16 years ago it was so much easier to win money even in small stakes and now I think is way more difficult. When I started I thought I could even live from poker because I remember I used to have good profits even only playing small stakes. Now for me poker is only a hobby and I admire anyone that can live from poker online.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Winning will always be possible, the only change will be the amount of effort that is required to accomplish it.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think you need to dedicate yourself to the game and have more discipline than a couple years ago. I remember when I started around 16 years ago it was so much easier to win money even in small stakes and now I think is way more difficult. When I started I thought I could even live from poker because I remember I used to have good profits even only playing small stakes. Now for me poker is only a hobby and I admire anyone that can live from poker online.
I agree with You, what site do you play? do You use any tool like pokertracker or holdem?

D

DrBadBeat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All depends on where you play. Normally the bigger the field the tougher games are.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thank u all
Particularly I don't play these formats, but in full turbo or regular fires I continue to profit quietly.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a winner in every tournament. If i don't win now i know that in any case somebody will win this tournament and maybe i wll achive the best result next time.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
you can, but you need to have iron patience and spend a lot of time playing, and even more on training and developing your skills

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank u all

Yes, the dream is still alive.

The secret is the fact that time is an illusion, and "grinding" is not the only way to maximize profits (in fact it almost always diminishes profits and fun!).

Since getting back into playing, I have made time my major focus. Short MTT sessions (by last minute late regging every game) have been my niche. I literally only play "long" sessions when I am making a final table run. ;)