Winning Hand

Kraigus

Kraigus

Rock Star
Do you remember your winning hand that just stands out from the rest? For me it was at a small home tourney with 27 players and won $520 with a pair of sixes. It was my biggest win and I am hoping to improve on that someday. :cool:

Osmann

Osmann

I have one winning hand that i will always remember. Played 7 card stud in a 0-0.50 euro bring in game against 7 other players on the net and hit a royal flush on 6th street. I was up against 3 players (2 calling stations and a very solid player. Me and the solid player had done quite well at the table for some time and we both had around 80 euro at the table, the 2 others had around 15. The solid player bets out and the calling stations call, and I raise. Before I know it the 4 of us have all our money in the pot and I have the best possible hand. After the river the solid player shows his full house, aces up,and I show my royal flush. I won a pot of nearly 200 euro on a table where you're not allowed to buy in for more than 50 euro.

I think there's a lot of reasons to why I'll never forget this hand.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Awards
the one i remember most is>>i was in a tourney at fulltilt poker, i was the BB, everybody folded and the small blind called so i checked, i had A K, the flop came A A K, he went all in and i called, he had Pocket K K. I won the pot and took him out with my Aces full house, he had Kings full. That one always sticks in my head when somebody asks what hand do i most remember.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>buck:cool: :cool:

Rockbuster

Rockbuster

Rock Star
My best nite ever was in Laughlin nev Edgewater poker room. I had dealt 2 bad beat jackpots one in holdem the other in omaha. The holdem was 35k with 9 dealers at the table so my tips were fantastic. Omaha was 28k with 7 dealers sitting in tip big again. Only one I didnt hit was stud 32k. So after my shift there was a table of high rollers at 7 card stud table no limit table stakes. After about 30 min of fold fold fold. I was rolled up 3 aces 2 in pocket a hts and ace of dia ace of spades on top. I was in late position so i called the 3 prior raises wow 6 of us in hand. Turn I got k of hts big bet then raise I call (I had 1200.00 on table) Qof hts hit on 5th street big bet 5 callers. 6th street showed j of hts wow 3 aces and a royal draw. Another big bet I call. &th street down and dirty 4 all-ins I go all in in the dark wow 6 callers. there was a flush 3 full houses and a set of quads. Unbelieveable I turn over the 10 of hts with my 2 aces a royal Flush yahoo the pot of over 7, k a royal flush jacket, aand the bad beat of 32 k another 8k for my winning hand. That was my best night ever both working and playing one winning hand.............Rock

quazar66

quazar66

read like a book

The hand the I always replay in my mind was from a home tournament. It was down to 3 players and i had j3os. First position folded I called and big blind checks, flop 237 rainbow, I check bb checks , turn J and i check bb bets 2/3rds his stack so fast that i thought he would have knocked over the table. I had seen him bet like that before with a poket pair just under the card so i raise all in and say your pocket 10s just dont do it this time he folds and shows pocket tens every one in the room says holy @#$$$ and i move up to 1st and later win $190 to this day i have called his pocket hands 5 times and take his money its great:D

Dennis C

Dennis C

When I think back there are two that really stick out and I wasn't in one of them. I was at Stars one night and I was first one to call big blind and did so with A-10 suited. By the time it got back to me 3 people are all-in. I fold. Next thing I know 6 people are in. When there cards are reveled I still can't believe what I was looking at. I saw 6 pocket pairs. Aces, Kings, Jacks, Nines, Eights, And Twos. The best part of watching this hand was seeing A/K/2 on the flop, J on 4th, and the fourth deuce on the river. Now that one will stick to you. I think I posted a thread about this in this section somewhere.

The winning hand that I'll never forget was at a family game for Thanksgiving about 5 years ago. I was dealt 7J of spades. I remember my dad and uncles bitching about how I didn't know what I was doing and should not be playing and losing my money. I don't remember the hand specifics, but when it was over I had my first Strait Flush 7 to J and won about $22. I think the reason this sticks out the most is the fact that I shut my family up with that one hand.:)

Ima6T4

Ima6T4

One of my two favorites is a family story also. After hanging out with a girl over christmas break I came home to find my family in a good game and ask if I can sit in. After some hemming and hawing and a few jokes they deal me in. First game is 7stud and I get AA down and a 7. My older brother shows a king and jacks up the bet ( thinking he'll scare me off the table) and I call. Next card dealt is an A to me and another K to my brother. He bets, I raise, he reraises, I call. You probably know how this turns out now. He had pocket Kings on the deal and I get my last A on the last down. For a kid in high school to win a 70 dollar pot at christmas time I thought I was king of the world. ( And family bragging rights are priceless as they say)

My most memorable lately was at a final table where 1 player in particular was just a thorn in my side. Couldn't beat him in a hand, even with better pockets. It gets down to the 2 of us and he has a slight chip lead and pushes all in 4 straight times. On the 4th hand I call with KJo. He shows his cards and has KJo. We both type in lol on the chat but I catch 4 runners for a flush, leaves him with 850 chips. I take him out and win but man you should have seen all the curse words that got deleted from the chat bar. That one was kind of fun.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands