Wider Ranges at the start of tournaments?

LeChifre

LeChifre

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should you widen your range when the blinds are small or stick to your range throughout the early stages of a tournament?

Obviously, final tables I widen my range as the number of players reduces!

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Generally I play tighter at the beginning and I see some chip flops with some speculative hands most of the time in position. But no matter what everybody will say to you the real matter is to know what you are doing!

NBDG8477

NBDG8477

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually play tight and aggressive at the start of a tournament ..for one 1 it solidifies your table image ,2 it comes in handy later on in the tournament and 3 you can use it against a different style opponent if there getting out of line

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play tight at the beginning especially lower end tournaments and freerolls. You get too many people going all in with junk. Especially if you are acting early there will probably be someone going all in after you act and you’d have to throw your hand away wasting chips. If I have a strong hand like AA, KK, AKs then I’m hoping some idiot will go all in. 🤪

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play tighter early unless you have a super nit table. When antes come in and good pot then I'll open up and look for some steals. Around the bubble is good time to open up as well.

xkenjix

xkenjix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when blinds are super low(level 1-3), i like to play more hands but not like 7-2. I mean suited connectors, one gappers, low pocket pairs. For the fact trying to hit a big hand/nut hand early on. but i dont go crazy

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for only 5 months. As soon as I started playing, I actually lost $ 70 at once. After that and till now I play only freerolls. This is a good opportunity to get the experience for free.