Why is your Poker name.....your poker name?

M

mozart5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dominoman007 is my name on tilt and stars. i came up with it when i first started playing. i am james bond fan and domino was the bond girl in thunderball. most think it has something to do with pizza, but thats not the case. mozart5 was a poker name i started using on newer sites that i joined. i was getting tired of the pizza references. they don't bother me anymore though. that one is because i love music and simply mozart was taken but mozart5 was not. thats about it. i also have a fantasy football team by the name of "Wolfgangs Puppets". 2-0 so far.

A

andres_arg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mine is pretty simple.. Andrés is my name, and arg because im from argentina.

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think my name here is one site only. I usually go by the nome de plume of klitkat at most other sites. It's a combo of the two things that I like the most.:D ;) :p

Me too. :D:D:D As for MrMuckets it's my grandfathers fault. I explained it all in another thread about eight months ago.

P

popovich9008

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Popovich9008 - my last name is Popovich... born in 1990, graduated in 2008

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play ice hockey and my coach was a 'Nam vet who was off his rocker. We were playing and I checked the hell out of some poor bastard, and our coach stopped the game (it was a practice) and said to everyone that I checked like a horny monkey. Nobody knew if that was a compliment, but most people think it was. So i just kept icemonkey9 (9 is my number) for stuff like Xbox live, etc and just kept it for poker.

X

xXShannonAXx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my ft and pokerstars name is xXShannonAXx basically just my name with cool looking xxs :p lol

Latvian Queen

Latvian Queen

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
My poker name is Latvian Queen....Latvian of course for my nationality and Queen, because my hubby calls me his queen all the time. So he is actually the one who created my first poker site name and I stuck with it.

Mehman

Mehman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dunno really, i like saying meh alot i guess...

Cowboy8112

Cowboy8112

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cowboy8112 = I was not born on horse back, but I am pretty sure I was concived there. Until I broke my neck in 06 I worked the family cattle. Now I raise pork as the demands but on my body in working cattle were too much. I was born Aug. 11th (811) the 2 is because some idiot already had Cowboy811

SAH89

SAH89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SAH89

S => for my name, Steven
A => for my fake middle name, Alexander
H => for the fake last name of my favourite pro-wrestler, HH Helmsley
89=> for the average age of the last few generations in my family when they died.

R

rylflush99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mines rylflush99 and its that because im hoping to get one atleast once when i hit the tables even tho it never works out like that but its a good hand to strive for with lots of people in the pot lmao

aloevera

aloevera

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TRM_SHRiMP on PokerStars

-TRM = Top Raw-Men. Pronounced just like the noodles 'Top Ramen'
-TRM is the name of my crew back in high school.
-Shrimp is a flavor of Top Ramen noodles and we've each giving ourselves nicknames from those flavors.

The 3 Original Members:
-TRM_SHRiMP
-TRM_Beef/DJ BEEF
-TRM_Oriental

PHiLTHY on Full Tilt
-Philip is my name
-I was called 'Philthy Phil' by friends because of my hyper aggression at live home games
-I hate the nickname 'Phil', but though 'Philthy' sounded cool.

TSF_707 on UB
-TSF is short for TRM_SHRiMP_Flavor (see above)
-707 is my area code

PHiLOPiA on bodog
-PHiLOPiA is a very old nickname given to me by a friend

Last edited:
KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TRM_SHRiMP on PokerStars

-TRM = Top Raw-Men. Pronounced just like the noodles 'Top Ramen'
-TRM is the name of my crew back in high school.
-Shrimp is a flavor of Top Ramen noodles and we've each giving ourselves nicknames from those flavors.

The 3 Original Members:
-TRM_SHRiMP
-TRM_Beef/DJ BEEF
-TRM_Oriental

I always knew the meanign behind philthy but not that name, pretty funny imo :)

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
um was from a computer game back when i could justify playing them as not a complete and utter waste of time. My normal online "nickname" was already used, so i just randomly typed some letters with my left hand because i couldn't be bothered trying to choose another and voila....feitr. I decided to use it for poker for the same reason...nobody else is going to have it so it saved trying to make lame variations on my other nickname.

Boeggs

Boeggs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Abbreviation of my last name. It's what my friends always called me so I figured when I finally win the Main event at the wsop they would know who it is, lmao.

deadhxc

deadhxc

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine comes from my name on diablo 2. I only played the hardcore version of the game (where when you die you have to start over and lose everything)
and I always ended up dying so much everyone called me dead and I am partial to hardcore music (and hardcore version of the game) thats where the hXc came from. It has just stuck around with me.

Y

youzeaflea22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was listening to Snoop Dog way back when and I kept choosing screenames that were taken. The I heard Snoop say "Youzeaflea, and I'm the big dawg. I'll scrach you off my ballz with my mother fn pawz". I have never had trouble with anyone taking my screename since.

z28_RoadRage

z28_RoadRage

Road Warrior
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My original name was BigGuyZ28. My nephew Billy who was 6'2" always called me BigGuy as I'm only 5'7", so when he passed away, I always used this.

Then I had to change my name due to certain reasons so Billy's brother came up with Z28_RoadRage as I do drive a Camaro and have a lot of rage on the road.

P

PuffinNugs420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Name

I chose my name from the time and money that ive put into smoking kind bud aka nuggets. I wanted to go with something unique and since im smoking pot on a daily basis then what better name PuffinNugs420? I do get a lot of laughs from it b/c ive noticed there are lots of other potheads at the poker tbls too.

M

mundybags1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My last name is mundy and on fortune my nickname is mundybags1

It came from the combination of my last name and a friends last name.

Mundy and Barbaglia.
=mundybags1 for me and he is mundybags2

Rememberthis1

Rememberthis1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have terrible memory. Such terrible memory in fact, that I made a Rememberthis account and forgot the password so I made Rememberthis1.

"What the heck is my name on FT?!"
"No way I'm going to rememberthis!"
"OH MY GOD ITS REMEMBERTHIS1!"

Also, my friends made Rememberthis 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.

smeg

smeg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wow u guys put some thought into your poker names, huh? Me...well was at the pc, needed a name for my fulltilt account, the was a tube of Liquid Nails on the desk sooooo......fulltilt name = ln601(lowercase L).....ln601 = stock number for liquid nails