Why you lose

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Biggest problem with unexperienced players is that they dont know when to stop. They get addicted to playing when they start and thats worst thing that can happen. Just stay calm and dont let anything confuse you when playing.

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i have good hands such as a pocket pair of jacks, some donk with a queen high calls my 3500 chip raise. turns out the donk hit the second queen.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my friend live frome poker thats his only job,hi knowes to calculate how much he will give and never cross a line,unfortunally Im I cant tell im like that for me poker is gamballing.....

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Poker is a mathematical sequence. This means that the player must pay attention to the game, so that to watch the maths of the game. There are good and bad pairs for each player. This is not permanent, it is changing also, which means that a pair which was usually winning for the player, it might change to a loosing one during a tournament or a day or a period of time and another pair might be a winning many times without changes.

M

Moe DeLawn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of players have a problem with tilt which can make them losing players. I'm not immune to it myself, especially after a bad beat. I have a policy of sitting out for 5 mins after any bad beat. Even if I feel I'm not tilting I sit out and give myself time to get over it. You can play winning poker for hours, but once you start to tilt you can get destroyed in minutes.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More advice than I ask...

AshK44

AshK44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose mostly when I try to play at the wrong time. I might try to play and knowingly not have enough time to take a tournament seriously. This is my biggest issue.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone writes about their everyday :joyman:

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, failures happen often. But they need to be treated calmly. Endurance always helps in life. Iron nerves and a positive attitude will help to achieve success.

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all you will NOT play well if you like alchool, or to smoke w3ed ! You have to avoid this things, my advice! and you have to learn a lot about this game, and about you ! :)))

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Know when you lose focus it's time to quit the session. Set rules for yourself and when you start breaking them quit- You Tilt= you lose..

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you lose because you dont study the other players and how to play with your stack and position , sometimes the bad beat makes you lose too but If you study you will win a lot

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being inexperienced is a disadvantage already - that is why you should start at the lowest stakes possible to gain your footing and learn how to play profitably.

Playing a lot can be a good thing if you are using the right mind-set of gaining experience and learning what to do (and not to do) from the hands you play.

Practice a lot, study any hands that give you a hard time (post them and ask for feedback from more experienced players), and seek out new knowledge and strategies.

One of the reasons I love poker (and chess) is there is so much information out there on how to get better - so you are always learning and improving.

Good luck to you! :D

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going off the exact title of the thread - "Why you lose"

Answer: In terms of poker or any gambling because I expect to lose, therefore I accept and I want to lose, however, that surely doesn't means that I don't want win. Heck yeh, but the percentages are against you when you speculate at those odds, 1 person going up against 9, 300, 2000.

The good news school is out, back then you got 4 out of 10 wrong, you got a 60, an "F", FAIL. Luckily, if we could cash in on tournaments, close to or at final table at those %'s we're rocking, Heck if you win 1 out of 20 tournaments where the buy in is $250, $5000 out and maybe you'll see a six figure return.

Yeah people your answers are all fine fundamentally to find solutions of why people "tilt", derail and totally malfunction where they absolutely can't win, though we lose, quite, and way more than we win and so do the pros.

We're losers, and so what, it's the path to victory in poker. :icon_joke

H

Hansadsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A poker player who knows how to win also knows how to lose and learn from his own mistakes. Here are the main reasons why you still lose to poker:

1. You do not plan and do not think ahead of time
2. You often limp
3 You pay strong hands to your opponents
4 You are not playing aggressively enough

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as a rule, I lose because of the loss of concentration, I start playing with less discipline and with the desire to finish the tournament as soon as possible and go to sleep)
so one of the most important factors of my losses is that I have very little knowledge, I do not always apply math in the game but only luck

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often risk and lose and I do not know how to play for a long time in poker.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've learned it's very important to stop and think through every move before making it. I find myself acting too quickly without analyzing what I'm about to do and why. This has been a costly mistake and continues to be!

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience... is the best characteristic of a low stack player.

H

HonestPokr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably the main reason anyone loses is because it was simply not their "time" to win. I have lost with pocket Aces so many times playing aggressively, smooth calling, small or minimum raising, and even all in's pre flop. I'm here to tell you none of that matters if you lose in the end because quite simply it just wasn't your time to win. Many people don't believe that and believes a player can play aces a certain way to win everytime; and that is simply not true. An inexperienced player will call or go all in with nothing sometimes and beat aces. Time or timing is a factor folks.

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lemme Tell You....

Let me tell you why I just lost. I was the pre-flop aggressor. I raised UTG w/KJs. There was one caller. The flop was JT4. I made a pot sized C-bet. The villain smoothed my bet. The next card was an ace. I came in for a half pot bet. The villain shoved for his stack. I snap called. He turned over 44 for a set. The river was another ace. I turned the nuts he rivered a boat.

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!

Hate it when that happens!

Dim4ik555

Dim4ik555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play in a tournament, I lose when the game drags on, it's not a wrong time for me. With a game drags on and I have good cards, I go all-in when I want to sleep.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know why i loose: too tired to play at some late nights hours or tilt every time i start ok it happens one of this.... tilt comes usually from donkey calls.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally agree, that's what I like doing, haven't been able to stop playing almost all hands, now light differently