Why Do You Play Poker?

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker when I have time and not knowing what else to do...

C

chrismacan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker for the competition. I am a tournament player who is mediocre at best on cash tables.

D

Dougwant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Play Because...

I like the competition when you play live and the social aspect of the game. Not as much interaction online but I still enjoy it.
Good luck at the tables!!!

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question. Besides the fun and combinatorial challenges of the game, money is not the last consideration.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play poker because I consider this game the biggest duel between luck and rationality

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For fun and for the chance to earn somemoney.

V

varadi sityu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play

I consider it a fun game ..I need some knowledge and luck to do well .. you also need to be able to bluff. At a low level it is better not to bluff because they give everything

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
out of boredom and to find a piece of luck to maybe become profitable and famous :D

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's one of the best entertainments out there. It's exciting and unpredictable. It's a better way of spending your free time than watching TV, at least for me.

L

Lawnmowerman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The money and the mental challenge of the game. Also, quitting my job was a big motivator in the beginning, I won't lie! :D

My thoughts as well, I hope that one day I will earn enough with poker to quit my job.
Also its super fun game of constant battle between luck and probability.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the intellectual game I want to benchmark it while I'm playing to know how far my intellect is working)

P

Pavmwins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Because poker can provide amazing moments

R

rapione98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker because i loved cards game.

S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a great way to pass the time and have fun

P

Pibo1797

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because i enjoy play poker and i like that i can make some Money

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only for fun...it´s only a hobby for me

D

direv

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do I play poker?

Poker is entertainment, it is the excitement of money, it is waiting and calculating, it is adrenaline. The most important thing is not to get upset about losing, because losing is part of the game!
:angel:

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really play for all the emotions that the game makes me feel, especially when I am winning of course. I love seeing the skill of the other players, the unexpectedness of certain hands, and seeing how great players sometimes fall for luck and bad players do well for the same. Apart from all this, I hope one day to earn a large sum of money and be able to enjoy it with my family. Regards.

D

dirty_nerd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do I play poker?

I fell in love with the game immediately when I learned how to paly. Once I started studying how to play profitably, it became my dream job. At this point in my life I have to freedom to chase that dream. So, poker is not something I do for fun, I do it for bread and water (metaphorically speaking; I am a full time investor and my money works for me these days). I don't even view playing poker as gambling. I consider it work. I have been grinding the tables at ACR to secure a seat in the Moneymaker promotion. I think I finally accomplished that this week and am only playing the freerolls now as practice for that event. I like the freerolls as practice because they are generally full of more casual players and it forces me to really focus on my rules for success. I am also very cheap so I needed the freerolls to build a bankroll. Mission accomplished and now I don't have to grind the freerolls so hard. Poker is fun to me and that's why it's not a job but I take it very seriously and aim for greatness.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probably because I am a gambler and since childhood I loved playing cards I like poker it is a very interesting and gambling game

H

Hotlantan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I view gambling as entertainment - I only wager what I can afford to lose and consider it the cost of being entertained. If I make a profit then its gravy!

7thseal

7thseal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to play poker like my love for chess. It is a combination of skill and knowing when to read an opponents moves. For the most part I play freeroll tournaments just for the fun of them, but my cash table games are a bit more serious and thrill seeking. Nothing like flopping a set and having someone bet into your hand to get the blood flowing. Hope to have many more years learning and perfecting my play. Seems like every time I play there is a new aspect of the game that reveals itself.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To have fun with my family and friends and to relax. I like to either whip a$$ or get whipped at least couple times a week..lol. I need to start playing more live action and get my rhythm back. Good luck.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
The vast majority will play because they will surely want to earn money in an easy way .. but the reality is that it is not easy at all. and there are very few who will play for fun. Personally, I play because I want easy money. and I have realized that it is not easy at all, and that is why many times I have wanted to leave it, but I know that I will not be able and that there will always be that illusion of one day living from poker. I always play once in a while I know I'll never quit.