Why do people keep chatting RIP Doyle Brunson

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
I have seen several times chatting "RIP Doyle Brunson" and I really don't get it. I don't see anywhere that he is dead. What is up with this?

O

onemorechance

live free or die
It's a very old, dumb meme that I've seen suggested started when Doyle had a (or at least offered to) bet he'd live through a year he was on a 'likely to die' list

pescaofish

pescaofish

Legend
Awards
If he is still alive it may refer to his poker abilities that by the way are exceptional for a player his age; so is a very bad comment to say RIP to Doyle. Respect! :deal:

C

Chemist

Legend
Didn't he play with the ranchers in the first ever game of Texas Holdem?

spoiler: That's how rumors get started.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Awards
According to Elias Sports Bureau, Doyle is the only player in history to cash in a wsop event in three different centuries.

M

Marx

Enthusiast
.. sad what passes for humor to some people , he's not deceased , he's old ya but that just means he's a survivor , as long as i've been playing online people have been typing that in the chat box all the way back to full tilt poker days , it's not amusing or clever to most people over the age of 14 i'd guess

Zorba

Zorba

Awards
According to Elias Sports Bureau, Doyle is the only player in history to cash in a WSOP event in three different centuries.

If that is meant to be Decades, ok.

but if you meant centuries, then :rofl:

No smilie so not sure if your joking.;)

:top:

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
if its a joke only an idiot would stoop so low, Doyal Brunson has been a ambassador for poker for many years and a top line player longer than most, typical of comments of a younger generation that has no respect