Why did I lose this hand? (Omaha)

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because it's not really amazing and excellent.To lose and gain again means to earn experience!What did you want to ask me?")

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
An interesting hand, but a full house (222JJ) beats three of a kind (AAA). You must use two hole cards (no more, no less) and three community cards.

A bit unlucky there, but that's Omaha, a high variance game. Good luck with your future Omaha. Replay Poker is a good place to learn.

Last edited:
Regie19

Regie19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An interesting hand, but a full house (222JJ) beats three of a kind (AAA). You must use two hole cards (no more, no less) and three community cards.

A bit unlucky there, but that's Omaha, a high variance game. Good luck with your future Omaha. Replay Poker is a good place to learn.
thanks

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Only 3 community cards are worth.

B

Badday94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though I know the rules this has happened to me a few times haha. I keep looking at the hand and for some reason I can't figure out how on earth I've lost and then I remember that only 3 community cards are taken into account and I'm like ooohh yeah, bummer

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Even though I know the rules this has happened to me a few times haha. I keep looking at the hand and for some reason I can't figure out how on earth I've lost and then I remember that only 3 community cards are taken into account and I'm like ooohh yeah, bummer
And don't forget you have to use two hole cards and only two hole cards as well. I think that's what gets people in trouble with these hands.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is for sure one of the most difficult adjustments, if you are moving from NLH to Omaha. A NLH player seeing that board is like "LOL I have top boat". But because its Omaha, he can only use 3 cards from the board, and he actually only have trips. Which is not a particularly strong hand in Omaha, since there are so many different ways for players to make hands.

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And don't forget you have to use two hole cards and only two hole cards as well. I think that's what gets people in trouble with these hands.

Hi thaks so much Tammy and Cardschat for your smart selves! Do you Know why in Omaha hi/lo, sometimes a Hi hand is taken and sometimes there is no low hand .. ?!

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Kudos! That was difficult for me to see . . . I think I would like Omaha, particularly high/low, but I can see from reading this thread, I need to practice a lot prior to getting into high stakes . . . Thank you for your insight into Omaha.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My guess just by looking.

I see that your were short stacked and probably got it in preflop. Just bad luck dont let it go to your head. You either playing short term poker or your earlier play was bad and made you take that stance. Mostly cause your opponent Got the RUNNER RUNNER boat.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi thaks so much Tammy and Cardschat for your smart selves! Do you Know why in Omaha hi/lo, sometimes a Hi hand is taken and sometimes there is no low hand .. ?!
Hi/Lo is another variant - where the qualifying low hand takes half the pot. Usually a qualifying low hand is five unpaired cards, with a face value of 8 or lower. I believe Aces are also low in this instance, and again, you must use two of your hole cards to make your low hand.

If you have both the best (highest) hand, and the low hand, then you "scoop" the pot - meaning you win the entire pot.

This may help: https://www.cardschat.com/limit-omaha-high-low.php

Last edited:
A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what hand did cito have? did cito really have a full house but not the origional poster?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands