who is your most entertaining poker player?

stasko

stasko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game of poker is rough sometimes but we shouldnt forget that it must be fun too!and talking about fun many names come to my mind one is phil helmouth really makes me laugh watching him when he's on tilt negreanu is onother one a tupe of guy that most of us would like to have on the table you know cause of the chit chat but the one i love and miss from the tables is tony g the volcano the man.you feel the powaa baby?he was and always be the most entertaining of.

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stasko, you hit the nail on the head. Hellmuth and Negreanu are two of the most entertaining players to watch, and each for very unique reasons. Other talkative players seem to talk a lot without saying much. Hellmuth and Negreanu actually have interesting things to say. There are also a few relatively quiet players that are still entertaining to watch. Phil Ivey comes to mind, in that category. Besides sheer entertainment value, I think that Jason Somerville is very entertaining to watch, at least online. He also produces a wide variety of content, and he is featured in many different types of media. Still, Somerville has the benefit of being able to talk about his strategy and his thought process as he plays. Hellmuth's and Negreanu's ability to be entertaining while playing live is even more of a feat, because they have to conceal a lot of what they are thinking. We only see what they are willing to reveal, yet that small percentage is highly entertaining.

stasko

stasko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes they are nice indeed i forgot about somerville i agree he's a joy to watch and you learn from him in an easy way ivey really? he's like a g playing poker lolz in that way i totally agree with you but you didnt mention your favourite one did you?

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most entertaining player Daniel Negreanu

V

vwls

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of the four that I mentioned, Somerville is the most entertaining to me. Simply put, he produces the most content. Also, he is very much a "man of the people". He has built up a community around him, and he seems to place a great deal of importance on serving that community.

icecold24k

icecold24k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most entertaining player by all means in my book has to be Phil Helmuth. I love nothing more than watching him blow up and throw his famous temper tantrums. He gets so tore up and upset. To me this is too funny.

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is going to seem a little out of left field, but my favorite episodes of Live at the Bike feature one of their commentators, Nichoel Jurgens. While she is a solid working professional, it's her ability to manage the various personalities at the poker table that I find impressive. One time she was drinking wine, and I suspect pretending to be more tipsy than she was; even making a show of counting her outs in the air with her index finger. :smile: Priceless.

Also, there is Jennifer Tilly. If you can't have a good time with her at the table, you need to find another game instead of poker.

Cheers!

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu and Phil Helmuth imo.

Z

zefalosss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite is Tom Dwan and my schoolmate ( who is fish but he has a LOT A LOT of luck) ( flopping quads and full house almost everytime)

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I loved watching The Grinder, but Daniel is always good for a laugh.

I

IrishLuck777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tony G! although I haven't seen him lately

L

Lilyanabg

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle Brunson.He have Texas style and look like a movie star.

MTCashman

MTCashman

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't watched it on TV in years, but I always found Mike "the mouth" Matusow very entertaining, Tony G was entertaining too but he seemed like more of a jerk, there was one show I watched where Mike and Tony were going at eachother, that was a funny one.

BiliousBetil

BiliousBetil

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes so fun to watch i d like him back, he stoped playing as a pro,he doesnt need any money anyways

Actually, Tony G was elected to European Parliament in 2014 representing Lithuania*. He also became vice-president of the Lithuanian Rowing Federation that same year. Of course, there is his media empire. So, all things considered, he's probably pretty busy.

*Can you imagine his filibusters! :eek:

Cheers!

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu Is the best.

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu and Phil helmuth, but watching Phil Ivey in a HU for a wsop is so exciting and entertaining too.

lois505

lois505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
woow daived chiu is my most intresting poker player, because he can read cards from new says about that, so i want the same as he can read cards good

dnegsisabadreg

dnegsisabadreg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Laak all day, he embraces the sickness.

messer21

messer21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negranu and Antonio Esfandiari and Me :3

arborest

arborest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tony G and Phil Helmuth are two entertaining and dramatic guys. I love watching them playing.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is going to seem a little out of left field, but my favorite episodes of Live at the Bike feature one of their commentators, Nichoel Jurgens. While she is a solid working professional, it's her ability to manage the various personalities at the poker table that I find impressive. One time she was drinking wine, and I suspect pretending to be more tipsy than she was; even making a show of counting her outs in the air with her index finger. :smile: Priceless.

Cheers!

I think ur talking about that woman who had a deep run in the wsop main event like 5 Years ago. She is pretty but honestly her comments are not the best ones. Don' t want to be a hater but honestly i think she got that job cause she is good looking.