Who are you by profession?

koreano

koreano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am forwarding agent, but before my profession, had been playing poker for fun. As I am a freelancer, lately I have dedicated myself more to poker.

T

techsavant777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
10+ years as software engineer. 5+ years as a systems engineer.

High School Dropout, Entirely self taught.

A

adakhi

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Studying Mathematics and loving to play all types of poker :)!

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a college degree. As an accountant and economist. More than 30 years working in this specialty. Not which is time worked as a chief accountant. Now I work as an economist in a large agriculture.I play poker for 4 years almost every day.

N

NorskNewman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know where you got the idea of intellectuals. Literally anyone and everyone plays cards from all walks of life. That to me is a great part of the appeal. Anyone can win.

I personally subscribe to the 80% ability 20% luck formula. 5 years ago home games were all I knew; played 5 nights a week and looking back I know i was TERRIBLE. So bad. But still had good ROI for the volume thanks to 20% and others being worse.

I feel now I would absolutely crush those games given what I know now. That is the nature of the game.

Whereas you play chess against a good player and lose every... single... Time. no luck.

maniaka68

maniaka68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MY work like a paint worker nice to meet you all :)

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Retired now, but was in IT for 30 years.

Mason Pye

Mason Pye

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a landscape gardener currently on a gap year retaking a few exams. If I get the grades I will be going to the University of Exeter to study Computer Science. However, my passion is poker, and I'm currently building my bankroll from scratch having not deposited by playing many freerolls. At the moment I have $88.25 and I'm trying to build on that to soon start playing some real money SNG's and MTT's.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a loyer, think it is not very helpful for poker, it will be better if I would be a Maths teacher:) But I love my job really, sometimes it is boring, sometimes funny, but It is for me.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Currently in highway maintenance, former entrepreneur. Lots of different jobs, mostly involving heavy/light equipment and labor. Love being outside.

D

DawnNuts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I work construction and math has always been my strong suit in high school and college

bossbran

bossbran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I owned a small piggery farm.. I have 11 sow (6 not pure breed and ive already made a profit from them and 5 pure breed F1 11months old waiting for 3 to give birth and the 2 sow waiting to get heat)and 47piglets and 13 heads of fattener,half of them weight 80kilos and are ready to sell..

I still managed to work with my mom if she needs help like long driving and collecting payments of our small lending business and sometimes i help to market our hallowblocks..

Last edited:
ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interpreter/translator (Russian-English-Korean! :D)

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is my profession, both playing the game and teaching it. I have a BA double major in history and philosophy.

R

rubendan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Mechanical engineer...automotive field :)

robertocoelho

robertocoelho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am practical nurse, I think it has little to do training for playing poker

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Read all messages and inescapable conclusion--poker unite all professions and people from all countries. And did you notice how many of them involve math?

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read all messages and inescapable conclusion--poker unite all professions and people from all countries. And did you notice how many of them involve math?

Minority of us, I guess :)

T

testeoi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a programmer, freelancer. I control my hours

steved757

steved757

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a Medicine student. Poker is more linked on dedication and patience than a natural gift.

I am a Cashier at a Pharmacy store... I agree that Poker is more linked on dedication and patience than a natural gift!

Rdsxfan

Rdsxfan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I work in the printing industry, focused on the math side, i.e.; pricing, estimating, forecasting with lots of spreadsheet and database work.

I trade stocks in my off hours and while not a day trader, I am a frequent trader, probably 20-30 stock and options trades a month. Selling covered calls, spreads, etc.. I just started a small strangle and will see how I like that as a Revenue generator.

The Market is sometimes much more of a gamble than poker. I am working on reducing the variance.

Last edited: