puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do you mean on average? I think it's doable for someone playing well in medium stakes cash. It's not something you will see in microstakes anymore.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sounds easily possible for an average with decent stakes, but I'm not even close to $50 a day yet because 1st place in the cardschat freerolls I play are less than half of that :D

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you keep thinking about the results of your poker plays, it can affect your ability to make the best poker decisions. I think it's best to ignore your short term result and focus at playing your A-game instead.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do you mean on average? I think it's doable for someone playing well in medium stakes cash. It's not something you will see in microstakes anymore.

I disagree with this ^

It is easily possible to make $50/day at stakes lower than med.stakes cash. I don't play anywhere close to mid-stakes cash and I often make $50 to $100 during my lunch hour.

I also believe it's easily possible in MTT play (& aim to prove it again sometime very soon, but planning instead to be $100+/day) in micro-low stakes play. Game & site location is important as is time you're choosing to play (for myself, Fri., Sat. & Sun. are far superior days to play on... ainec).

I'm going to be setting up a challenge thread here soon on CC. Part way into the challenge I'll be streaming some sessions on Twitch.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
To do this, you need to grind at least 20-50 games a day.

What if you're playing an avg. buyin of $100? But I do agree with you... if you're playing an avg. buyin of $5, you're going to want to be playing 30+ games per day. (the more the better)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What if you're playing an avg. buyin of $100? But I do agree with you... if you're playing an avg. buyin of $5, you're going to want to be playing 30+ games per day. (the more the better)

If you play on several rooms at the same time, you can play 20+ tournaments even with an average buy-in of $100. It all depends on your tournament selection for a comfortable game.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you play on several rooms at the same time, you can play 20+ tournaments even with an average buy-in of $100. It all depends on your tournament selection for a comfortable game.

What I meant was, "If you're playing an avg. buyin of $100, you're not likely going to be needing to play 50 mtt's/day in order to make $50/day over the longrun.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
tell me how you do it
I average around £45 ($58) a day on the days I play, but that is only normally twice a week.

I normally play 6 re-buy tournaments in a session. Obviously sometimes I have down days and others I have big wins, but overall I'm averaging £45 a day. Not enough to live off, but a nice extra side income.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I meant was, "If you're playing an avg. buyin of $100, you're not likely going to be needing to play 50 mtt's/day in order to make $50/day over the longrun.

Are you saying that playing tournaments with a buy-in of about $100 and playing about 50 tournaments a day, you expect to win $50 a day? If so then you need to work on the game.

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree with this ^

It is easily possible to make $50/day at stakes lower than med.stakes cash. I don't play anywhere close to mid-stakes cash and I often make $50 to $100 during my lunch hour.

I also believe it's easily possible in MTT play (& aim to prove it again sometime very soon, but planning instead to be $100+/day) in micro-low stakes play. Game & site location is important as is time you're choosing to play (for myself, Fri., Sat. & Sun. are far superior days to play on... ainec).

I'm going to be setting up a challenge thread here soon on CC. Part way into the challenge I'll be streaming some sessions on Twitch.

It will be wonderful! I look forward to this challenge of yours. I will be watching with interest as you make it through this journey. :)

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do even more quietly per session, but not every day

001Jaguar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s possible but like everyone after win that 50$ you want more and more and get beaten easily because of our anxiety

T

thesternburglar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was playing cash games on weekends I could easily top $50. It's not my day job though and I can't play everyday. I used to play home games 5-8 times a month and I would normally be in the green at the end of the nigh.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
$ 50 a day is big money. I think the bankroll for such a profit should be at least $ 1,000. I currently make $ 50 a month and I can tell you how to do it. I play in our daily freerolls. :D
Good luck.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It will be wonderful! I look forward to this challenge of yours. I will be watching with interest as you make it through this journey. :)

Thanks Akuana. I'll need all the support I can get. One of the things I find difficult while playing online poker Tournaments, is that it's a LONELY experience for me. By doing a challenge, providing some blog posts along with it, & then launching my Twitch channel, I think I'll be able to take care of that part.

G

GoodMoon90

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When after winning 2000 I started playing nl 100,sometimes it turned out to earn $ 50

K

KITAYAWA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the recent past, I earned so much per day, but then I wanted more and I increased the limits, which led to sad consequences:mad:

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Akuana. I'll need all the support I can get. One of the things I find difficult while playing online poker Tournaments, is that it's a LONELY experience for me. By doing a challenge, providing some blog posts along with it, & then launching my Twitch channel, I think I'll be able to take care of that part.

I can't promise I'll watch Twitch streams, but if you create a forum thread with your story, I'll take a look.
I think it will motivate both you and us. In addition, it will be the story of your poker life.
I've been following other similar player stories here on the forum and I'm very curious.
Good luck and determination :)