Where do you look?

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When it's 3 way or heads up, where do you find yourself looking. Do you stare em down? Perhaps float around the room, try not to act any differently?
I honestly feel like Ricky Bobby in these situations, "what do I do with my hands boss, I don't know what to do with my hands!"

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually look at the opponent's hands or their chests/shoulders/neck, trying to pick up any changes in behavior/breathing.

Careful if your opponent is a woman, though. She may not take kindly to you staring at her chest...

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually look at the opponent's hands or their chests/shoulders/neck, trying to pick up any changes in behavior/breathing.

Careful if your opponent is a woman, though. She may not take kindly to you staring at her chest...
I agree with you here AJ. I will switch between watching the players in the hand for any tells, and just looking down at the board. At the same time, I try not to give off any tells myself.:rolleyes:

F

FunkNShine

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

...But I needed to monitor her breathing...for science. I play a bar game where a attractive regular wears incredibly revealing tops, I swear it's some sort of distraction strategy she has going. Not to mention she's just damn good regardless.

As far as people staring me down trying to get a read, maybe it works for them, cause it just makes me look away as staring down people always comes off as confrontational, at least that's how I was raised.

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha great question!

for me hands in front on my cards, head down... no eye contact but i sneak a peak at their movements and eyes when i can.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with guitarisgood

I watch all players look at their card. When I'm in the hand my hands in front on my cards, head down... no eye contact but i sneak a peak at their movements and eyes when i can.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to always look for a connection of those that bother and talk to them I ask them that they have moving my chips with their hands in a threatening way always greetings and luck:reddy::call2:

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it's 3 way or heads up, where do you find yourself looking. Do you stare em down? Perhaps float around the room, try not to act any differently?
I honestly feel like Ricky Bobby in these situations, "what do I do with my hands boss, I don't know what to do with my hands!"

I try and pick the people that "seem to have tells" and work on them mostly. I also look for reverse tells. If it's someone I know or someone that seems to be doing something OBVIOUSLY noticeable I find out if they are giving this tell off on purpose. Mostly watch each individual as they look at their cards. I also watch the pre-flop raiser while the flop is put out. I pay close attention to how each person plays with their chips, if they speed up shuffling or chip tricks during intense moments. I watch for heavy breathing, face getting flush, and nervous twitches. I look to see if the person will stare back at me, usually this conveys strength. I also watch and see who's paying attention to the game, like who's on their phone, watching Tv shows or movies stuff like that.

As for me my actions don't change much during the hand. If you were to look at me I have no routine. I am the same in and out of a hand. I'll be looking right at you and probably even hold a conversation with you. I'm really good at speech play.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...But I needed to monitor her breathing...for science. I play a bar game where a attractive regular wears incredibly revealing tops, I swear it's some sort of distraction strategy she has going. Not to mention she's just damn good regardless.

If ya got 'em, use 'em! J.J. Liu is the OG of putting the girls out there to distract the guys. Jennifer Tilly's not afraid to use what she's got, either! Well played, ladies.