When you lose with a winning hand, what do you do to forget?

T

Thejoker8085

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the next hand!!
Or play again!!

It makes u forget........... Sometimes
:jd4:

cardzilla1991

cardzilla1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not easy at all but I just interject myself and tell myself I want them to be in with the worst hand and if there was no luck the fish would have no reason to play.

cardzilla1991

cardzilla1991

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get up and smoke a bowl take a short walk and recharge with a new hand

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

nothing I take it as what a game is sometimes annoying a bit, but then it happens quickly !!!

D

dullendk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DK
Chips
I have taught myself that such is poker, and remember myself on all the times I have won with example a bader hand than the opponent:)

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to 'lose' with the 'winning' hand.

Unless this is a home game or something and the person holding the game is wacked... ie. doesn't know that "3 of a kind beats 2 pair you dumb truck"

4MileKing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I have to say, I have never list with the winning hand

Lol

A

AceOfJax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't want to forget losing when I've been outdrawn. Simply it's poker and it happens. Take bad beats with a grain of salt. However I like to remember and reflect on them because in most cases sh when you look back you can see that there was probably a better way to play the hand. Either to have bet the opponent out early or too have played it slow in order to minimize chips lost.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think the solution is to forget more understanding what else you could have done and what other you could have played the hand... Every hand you loose should help you improve your game.

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Get over it and don’t get tilted just move on with the game

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
It can not forget. I want to forget but I can't and I stay ticked and with an anger that makes me want to break something, but I try to think of something other than poker, like a comedy movie, or remember a joke, but the truth is very difficult forget when you beat a hand with which you already felt like a winner.:mad:

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start playing the next hand.

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello.I don't do anything, it's not always just me who has to win.

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Jay wants to know

I think it's best to have a short term memory after a bad beat. Easier sad then done but I usually just take a deep breath and remind myself that's poker and I been on the other side and considerate on the next hand:icon_bigs

JOSEALBERTV

JOSEALBERTV

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well in the first place if I lost, it wasn't then it wasn't a winning hand, what I do is simply keep playing and turn the page

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No need to forget or remember. It is history and need to focus on present.

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tell myself that nothing bad happened - I played correctly.

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get in a bad mood, it makes me want to tear up the deck.k.kkkkkk

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before, I used to get very angry nowadays, it's normal what's important and to keep playing right no matter if I win the hand or not, once I learn it I've become a better player.

Mamkin_Pokerist

Mamkin_Pokerist

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday, the opponent had AA 2 times in a row!!! And I lost everything I won, because I also had good cards. I was very angry. I couldn't believe my eyes and was disappointed in math xD. I realized that luck was currently not on my side and went to cook dinner

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Whenever I lose a winning hand on the river, I try to run as fast as I can to my personal psychiatrist, which is my wife and turn my bad thoughts into romantic gestures (like kissing, hugging, sometimes it turns into a wild session) before I do this:

"take the mouse, smash it into the keyboard until they become one unit. Take that brand new unit and integrate it right into your LCD display. Now take this all in one device you’ve just created and gently but forcefully (only if you forgot to open the fridge door beforehand) aim it at the fridge. If it all worked to plan, now you’ve given it a lesson or a correction and you give it time to cool off its rebel attitude. Make sure you mention to it that if it ever gives up on you on the river again, you might have to repeat the correction. Don’t be materialistic."

And, just like magic, I suddenly forget that anything like that happened and I come back to the tables with a fresh mind and no fcks given about the past.

Hope it helps.

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I had AA all in against 55. odds started 4.5 to 1 in my favor and when he hit his 5 on the river the odds were 24 to 1 against him. Didn't bother me the least when I got sucked out on because I know in the long run, I'll be winning more than that person. A lot more. Hope to come across him again someday.

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When this happens, I try to ignore it! and if the opponent did something wrong, I write notes on him

francisco mendoza

francisco mendoza

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before, I used to get mad, and it was very difficult for me to get into the rhythm of the game, now I usually take a deep breath and laugh a little... hahahaha, because you don't have to lose your calm, because if you lose your calm you lose your concentration and in turn the game.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands