When Nothing is Catching

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you ever have days or multiple days when no matter the hole cards you have nothing comes close to hitting? Seems to me after every good day the next few whether I have AA or 72o every street just dance around my cards giving me 4/5 a straight, 4/5 a flush and if I’m lucky bottom pair. Every hand losing 3-10 blinds depending on whether you stick around a street or two only to be punted from your tournaments after five hands or so. Do you tilt or quit?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. Those are the days (and there are LOTS of them) when I just shouldn't be playing. I lose a lot on those days.

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you get the feeling the others at the table are thinking you’re a donkey/fish? You know you’re getting nothing but great hole cards hand after hand, always good enough to go in but never enough to win. When this is happening I get the feeling like one of those dreams where you go to school naked and everyone is pointing and laughing.

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even worse is when it’s happening you will hit a top pair, top 2, or even trips only to watch runner runner to an obvious strait or flush with someone betting their stack.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are tournaments in which all hands go well, but there are others that we will certainly be eliminated with AA or KK, there is not much that can be done.
Let's go to the next one.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually in such a situation, I still sit and wait for a good hand. Well, except that I can go with the middle card with the BB. You start fishing then later and the stack will decrease faster.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I'm having the whole week long without catching anything, its really depressive

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It happens to us all! But it also gets better for us all!

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Truth is its hard to make a hand in holdem. Almost half the time you don't even get a pair.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game tolerates everything.And that's why we don't stop playing.Even if we fall, we get up again and continue the fight.Victory loves the brave!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Tilt is happening, because there is a sequence. If you understand when it is a tilt and stop playing useless hits, the tilt will end and you will have your chances for wins!

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

I've had days where I don't hook any, but hey, that's the way this game is, you just have to try not to get mad.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Tilt or Quit?
No not either. I may tighten up or do an any ace, but never lay down and let 'um beat ya. Tighten up. Start playing only the top 10%. Yes, in MTTs it gets crazy, but if you do that, you will find you get those hands enough to be in the money. AA, AKo, AKs, KK, QQ and any small pair if you are in late position and you only have to call a limper or first bet. A number of times if you have 44, for example, nobody expects that when the flop goes AK4, you have the hand. Works great and hardly ever loses. I hope this helps. Good luck and stick in there. You will have good days!

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Try changing sites when this happens to you.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I started not to worry about this, I just play the game, the game with low stakes, I know that this period passes a few days and then I feel like playing the normal game again.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes those days are the worst so frustrating even if you find yourself in a situation where you made a good read and you know what your opponent is trying to do yet you need some cards to make your play and still you loose...
Usually this kind of days is the most dominant and when you draw good hands you are loosing to bad beats...

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

If it happens to me I keep insisting it is not easy but hey we have to continue the bad streaks are there !!

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you ever have days or multiple days when no matter the hole cards you have nothing comes close to hitting? Seems to me after every good day the next few whether I have AA or 72o every street just dance around my cards giving me 4/5 a straight, 4/5 a flush and if I’m lucky bottom pair. Every hand losing 3-10 blinds depending on whether you stick around a street or two only to be punted from your tournaments after five hands or so. Do you tilt or quit?
Yeah, welcome to my world. I don't tilt or quit. Eventually the tide has always turned. Once I came back from 15 chips to win a tournament. I forget who it was, but I read about somebody coming back from 1 chip to win a multi-million dollar tournament. Hence the saying, all you need is a chip and a seat.