When To Call It A Day?

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just woke up; still early and got chores done, but dragging myself to simply make coffee. No, not a bad night of poker, previously. Actually, a good night. Came in 4th place and I think that was super! Five, almost six hours of play in one tourney. I was tired, but so were others (good players, all of them!). Yes, I called it a day after that. How many hours should you play? As many as you can! I mean, there are Factors to think of and to apply to silent questions as you play. Time to quit!? When you are no longer attentive, alert and you are bored and yawning until your tonsils are showing. Stop and go to bed or go home and go to bed. There are other games and other days. When sluggish and frustrated, you tend to chase losses that end up leaving you completely broke. That is not fun nor exciting. Discipline is important even in a simple fun game. Self-control as well. You know when you have had enough; lack of Discipline and Self-Control are not always Yielded Thereto. Focus, be attentive and alert and Follow these factors when they Leave the table! GOD bless you.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is quite a serious occupation (or hobby)! And you need to treat it with great respect. It does not forgive mistakes and irresponsibility. Respect poker and you will be happy!

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think 2 or 3 hours its the best, more you get tired and play awfull

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Undoubtedly, the emotional state of the player plays a very important role. In my case, a good mood is one of the main conditions for a successful game.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Mood.

Undoubtedly, the emotional state of the player plays a very important role. In my case, a good mood is one of the main conditions for a successful game.
Being in a good mood opens doors to a great Attitude which many times makes you that player that is unstoppable; or unmovable. You tend to pick the right strategy for that particular event and you can't seem to do anything wrong. Thank you for your response, and advice. GOD bless you.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Respecting Poker

Poker is quite a serious occupation (or hobby)! And you need to treat it with great respect. It does not forgive mistakes and irresponsibility. Respect poker and you will be happy!
A Fox, you are so right! I hopped out there with fast calls and a bunch of "No-Looking-Backs" and got Slammed at the Door! No Respect, No Pay! Thank you for your insight. GOD bless you.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is essential to be 100% resting, tournaments are very patient since they are very long, I have some occasions when I do not rest well it makes me very sleepy playing, as for food I try to have something fast in the breaks:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should always play when you are at least relatively fresh and when you start long MTT you should choose one which you can play to the end if you manage to go really deep.