When both of you know you're bluffing...

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but you're trying to figure out who has the worse hand because the pot is too big... Anyone have any good stories?

Drumsound

Drumsound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call the other guy out. "Ace high isn't going to cut, Ralph," Your pair of fours isn't taking this pot." Things like that.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
After we both find out, we will just go Cheq, Cheq no rise and see the 5 Cards veredict!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had 9 high walk on a hand where pot got pretty big. Missed a flush and they missed a small straight.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the key is to not bloat the pot too much and then make a steal attempt with a decent size bet on the river to rep something. Try to make sure we are telling a believable story. Of course sometimes we get caught, but just try to make sure we stay consistent.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very bad story))) it is better not to be in such a situation! And if you still find yourself in this situation, just trust fate!!!

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How Phil Ivey does it

I found this while searching for a similar confrontation. The one I was looking for was at an MTT full table with deep stacks. Ivey and another guy went back and forth raising each other with nothing until the other guy went All In and Ivey had to fold even though he knew the guy was bluffing.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I rarely bluff. Usually, I prefer to play with good cards. But I like to make traps for my opponents, who usually bluff.

M

moosepaw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found this while searching for a similar confrontation. The one I was looking for was at an MTT full table with deep stacks. Ivey and another guy went back and forth raising each other with nothing until the other guy went All In and Ivey had to fold even though he knew the guy was bluffing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9gB1VbweoQ

Hahaha this is exactly what I'm talking about, you know you're both full of shit, just is the other one less full of shit. Funny scenario, and hopefully a rare run-in.

heeyjean

heeyjean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't matter if the other player is bluffing or not, most of times he'll just have to decide between call my bets or fold, lol. :D:D:D:D

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9gB1VbweoQ

You beat me to it by a few days, this was the exact hand that came to mind when I read the original post.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in order to bluff, you need to be able to do it and know who you are doing it against. If you can't and don't know, it is best not to bluff.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I can feel it through the Internet, I don’t know why, it sometimes feels like he is deceiving me ..