What's your reaction when you lose online ?

Pirlouit

Pirlouit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before I join a tourney I set up some checkpoints on placing. I want to clear as many checkpoints as possible but when I'm busted the fall don't feel so hard.

M

minmoney

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Literally 5 minutes ago, I had 98 suited (one of my favorite hands btw) with 4 big blinds left. I went all in and someone called with pocket 4s and flopped quads.

My reaction? Just a big sigh and sadly closed the table window

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad of course, but when i know that i played my the best poker and i loose with bad beat, i don't have regret for myself.

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will think what mistake i did. Why did i that mistake.
ask on poker forums about that situation.
Try to not do the same mistake again.

H

Halid68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dissapointed and dependent on situation how i lose whatever bad momment... But in game must be some bad and good momments... :)

E

erysett

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
today i made a mistake,yesterday night i didn`t sleept,today i was to work and tired i start playing poker, i lost a good part of my bankroll and for the moment,i don`t know if i miss any of the hundreds of swearings

kissapig

kissapig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to break things but sometimes I just have to break something.

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can handle losing... It's the bad beats that annoy... esp. if it's the River... I might curse for a minute or two then i usually find something else to do...

G

gametime200

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sucks when you almost make the money!

I have been playing poker for about 4 months. I study it, practice it, etc. I just finished 23rd out of 813 in a free roll on America's cardroom.com. I was up to second in chiplead the broke from my principles and followed all in. How would this placing compare to micro stakes tournaments or should I will a free roll first?

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I noticed that new players get lucky everytime( so they would stick with the game). Yesterday i was playing some Spin&Go was head's up with some dude.
He raised me pre-flop and i called with 6-7. Flop was 6,3,2 and i decided to go all in and he called with pocket 4. Guess what came on the river?
So like every other normal player who plays ''normal'' poker i'm trying to be calm but in that momment i could do something crazy. Lucky fish won 1st place and took some nice price ..

1eCc0

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A little upset, the main thing is to enjoy yourself

N

NicoSalazar7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought of that is software that provides the online site , sometimes you have a winning hand , and suddenly comes a guy with a bigger stack and has a tiny chance of winning but ends up winning , it always happens in final stages , but just as lost also win, impotence is ounque gives tremendous at that time

Excuse my translation , I do not understand English

Sakolik029

Sakolik029

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing is not to lose your cool don't need to show your emotions ,it can lead to the loss again,it's hard but you need to make

MaksAnonim

MaksAnonim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens that I can't hold back the emotions!!!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At what stakes are you all playing that makes you want to break things? Breaking a $20+ mouse because you busted a $1 MTT (for example) makes such little sense.

What is it that has you do upset? Losing the hand? Get used to it, but please, post hands when you were way behind and won. Why don't players complain about that?

Losing money? Stop thinking of it in money value, but instead as a buy-in. If you have 100 buy-ins for $1 MMTs or $100 MTTs, busting out/losing a hand should not have such a huge impact on you. Proper BRM protects you from such things.

Oh no, you lost a buy-in from a bad beat and now you only have 99 buy-ins left. You better break something!

G

govno4

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course that in poker river can not always be on your side , but when you take what was mine to know anger :cool:

sgnarly

sgnarly

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Attempt to figure out why I lost, then try to cope with it haha. If I keep losing I call it quits for the day/however long I feel I need.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually quiet. Just I hate it when I lose with Monster vs Monster. When I Believe I have won the Pot.

C

Chandla

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR Or Bovada..i Get That Rage Feeling You Get.. Lol... When I Lose Bad Beats On BetOnline I Dont Get Mad Anymore Because Its Typical To Get 3 Outed On The River

D

danielbalaci

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you guys ever had the feeling you have AA and you already know you are losing it... and then it surely happens.. Never should play with feeling like that, but in Pokerstars it happens very often. :/

Too often I lose with AA , at pokerstars you do not have to take into account the percentages because they are not real , you better listen to your instincts.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too often I lose with AA , at Pokerstars you do not have to take into account the percentages because they are not real , you better listen to your instincts.
Even better, stop being result oriented.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The essence of the poker: Keep calm and carry on. Don't worry of lose in case of hit the 8% of the adversary. Is useless to stay stressed with bad beats.