Whats the difference between badbeat and suckout?

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say a bad beat is like a pair Kings against a pair of aces all in pre flop in the third king comes out. The point is they both had a hand it was just a bad beat. A suck out is when a guy doesn't have a hand and is on a draw. Like a straight or flush. But basically the same thing.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Bad beat= you are at least a 51% favorite when the money goes in & you lose.
Suckout=any other hand you lose with, no matter the details.:cool: ;)

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This,

For it to be a badbeat I'd say you need at least 65% equity in the hand. Having your QQ beat by AK is not a bad beat. Preflop you must have them dominated i.e 22 v 33 or AQ v AK.

A cooler is a hand such as AA v KK or Quads v Str Fl etc etc where the outcome was unavoidable.

MisterLongFace

MisterLongFace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad beats and suckouts usually cross paths (i.e., are the same) but are not always the same depending on the hand. bad beats are always a suckout, but not all suckouts are bad beats.
if you have say top pair and all the chips go in, and player calls you with strong draw where they are at least slight fav to win, they hit the draw, sucked out on you, however it wouldnt be a bad beat imo, becuz u r not even fav to win when all the chips went in, but it is a suckout.

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I need to see the hand where a PP isn't a mathematical favorite to any non paired hand pre-flop.

-

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bad beats and suckouts usually cross paths (i.e., are the same) but are not always the same depending on the hand. bad beats are always a suckout, but not all suckouts are bad beats.
if you have say top pair and all the chips go in, and player calls you with strong draw where they are at least slight fav to win, they hit the draw, sucked out on you, however it wouldnt be a bad beat imo, becuz u r not even fav to win when all the chips went in, but it is a suckout.
best answer