What's the best way to get through a "bad run"?

player7000

player7000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First off I used to be one that thought online poker is rigged,but realize that there are swings to this game!
I am on a bad swing at the moment and was wondering how to get through it. I ran great for like two or three weeks two months ago but cannot seem to catch a break since.I play the same starting hands as before,but get sucked out on!I really am starting to question my game and playing abilities! I am losing my nerve and have really tightened up! I am scared to call a lot of high bets when I have the odds on my side!
It seems like I will cash in two tiurnaments and not cash in ten. I am playing the same starting hands as when I had my good swings.
Any advice would be a help for I feel my game is getting worse!
One more question!How is it that it seems that only one or two people hit there hands when you are at the table with them while you're sitting there looking at rags for starting hands?

Thnx,
player7000

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First off I used to be one that thought online poker is rigged,but realize that there are swings to this game!
GOOD!
I am on a bad swing at the moment and was wondering how to get through it. I ran great for like two or three weeks two months ago but cannot seem to catch a break since.
If you are on a downswing then do what I do: (1) Do not play as much (2) Play about every other day (3) On the off days, spend time studying the game and looking back at your hands from the previous day that may need to be analyzed, and post them here in the hand analysis sections.
I play the same starting hands as before,but get sucked out on!I really am starting to question my game and playing abilities!
No need to question it, just work to get better.
I am losing my nerve and have really tightened up! I am scared to call a lot of high bets when I have the odds on my side!
Don't start to tighten up just because you have been sucked out on a few times, but there is a possibility that the hands that you were "sucked out on" were not good hands to begin with
It seems like I will cash in two tiurnaments and not cash in ten.
That is natural, you are not going to cash in every tournament. A good cash rate is about 20-25%
I am playing the same starting hands as when I had my good swings.
Any advice would be a help for I feel my game is getting worse!
dont let it get worse. Pick up Harrington on Holdem and read like crazy. That seems to be the choice book around here
One more question!How is it that it seems that only one or two people hit there hands when you are at the table with them while you're sitting there looking at rags for starting hands?
answer: it happens, it will pass, it is just natural variance

Thnx,
you're welcome
player7000
^^^^
above
^^^^

player7000

player7000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I appreciate the advice burrito!I have Harrington's book and have developed a game similar to his! It works well for me!

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I appreciate the advice burrito!I have Harrington's book and have developed a game similar to his! It works well for me!

that is very good!

maybe re read it to brush up and maybe give you more confidence in your playing

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is honestly quite the answer, nice job!

I say this because I am in the same situation. Was running well for a couple weeks and yesterday it just seemed like the cards hated me.

Take a break, walk away and analyze all the hands that didn't turn out the way you thought they would.

Did you play them correctly? If so keep playing them that way and you will be paid off in the long run.

If you played the hand with flaws, you have something to learn from.

Honestly, I reread Harrington's book all the time, the problems are great and his logic really helps simplify common situations.

Good Luck!