What's the best thing to do to break a bad luck streak?

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone here play the fifty fifty tournament on Full Tilt? It starts at around the same time every day, 8:00 pm and a $55 buyin. I swear I should have made the final table in that tournament like 5 times already but Full Tilt always ****s me over at the most crucial times when I'm in the biggest pots. I'm playing the fifty fifty right now actually. I was 60 out of the remaining 250 players. Then I got it all in preflop pair over pair. And the guy flops a set. I had JJ he had 99. That pot was 16,000 chips, right now top ten players have like 20000-35000 so I woulda been in great position. So I was crippled but fortunetly I doubled up a few hands later. Now I'm about 130 out of 200 players and only 150 cash.

But of course I'm not giving up. I took an awful beat in the first half hour of this same tournament with AA against Jack ten but made a great comeback.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, just got knocked out of the fifty fifty a minute ago. KK vs ace ten all in preflop, ace comes on the flop. God I hate full tilt so bad...Unbelievable how I get my $ in as a favorite but lose 90% of the time...Just unbelievable. This bad luck streak is never ending for me.

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
" Unbelievable how I get my $ in as a favorite but lose 90% of the time."

I don't know you, but no you don't.

You don't have card problems, you have selective memory problems.

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All of this all in preflop coinflips I'm talking about are when I'm in the red zone and sometimes in the orange zone. Blinds are so high you can't speculate with hands and play after the flop. It's all in preflop or fold.

Why not figure out an adjustment to your game/strategy that will keep you out of this zone so you don't have to race? Obvioulsy that's beyond the scope of this (any?) thread, but if you find a way to avoid putting yourself in an all-in preflop situation then you wont have to get (un)lucky.

B

Bentheman87

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Why not figure out an adjustment to your game/strategy that will keep you out of this zone so you don't have to race? Obvioulsy that's beyond the scope of this (any?) thread, but if you find a way to avoid putting yourself in an all-in preflop situation then you wont have to get (un)lucky."

Well, take a big 900 person MTT for example. When I play these, I almost ALWAYS can make it to at least the final 200 players. It always amazes me how fast the field thins. I mean, I could probably just fold my way to the final 300 players without ever playing a hand. By the time half the field is eliminated my M is still over 20.

But usually I do play fairly aggressive throughout the entire tournament, but even if I have a big stack by the time it gets close to the money I'm still not in a super comfortable position. I could be ranked like 50 out of 150 players but still be under big pressure from the blinds with an M of between 5 and 10. So at this point you've got to gamble, you just don't have a choice. If you gamble with an M of 6 and double up you're at an M of about 12. If you don't gamble and don't put all your chips in the middle for a coinflip, then you will get blinded away or won't AA or KK until your M is less than 5. Then a double up would still leave u at an M of less than 10, so it's much better to gamble a bit earlier. That's why I'm always willing to go all in for a coinflip while I'm in the orange zone or low in the yellow zone.

You guys seriously should have seen how I was running in the fifty fifty last night. If all my hands held up, I honestly think I would have placed first second or third in the entire tournament. I did get lucky one time with KK vs AA all in on the flop. It came runner runner to give me a flush. Besides that though, I lost nearly all my stack with the best hands. JJ vs 99 lost most of my stack. Then KK vs Ace 10, lost the rest of my stack and got knocked out that hand.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If anybody had an answer as what to do to break a losing streak, why would you not do that thing every hand? Then you would have no losses at all.