What are your poker superstitions?

T

Tiltmode1987

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have superstitions? Sometimes i play various hands based on previous results or good luck that I've had in the past. I also find myself looking for signs of good luck or bad omens. Do you ever had superstitions when you play?

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
not at all, everything depends on you; just don't be swayed by what is going on around you and try to make your own game:)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you have superstitions? Sometimes i play various hands based on previous results or good luck that I've had in the past. I also find myself looking for signs of good luck or bad omens. Do you ever had superstitions when you play?

No, but without a doubt there are days when luck embraces you and you need to enjoy every second.

But these events are very rare.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, I don't as well. And now just enjoying Winter Series event 16-L, a lot of crazy bad moves from opponents, even freeroll players are much stronger :)

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I don't as well. And now just enjoying Winter Series event 16-L, a lot of crazy bad moves from opponents, even freeroll players are much stronger :)
Hey good luck.... I was twice 2 seats from ticket.... beat them !

DanielSnrL

DanielSnrL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh man... I've always heard that playing cross-legged is bad luck. Whether it's true or not, tell me you guys.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have never had superstitions. I do not believe in such things. I'm just trying to be patient, play right and enjoy the game. I know that only my patience and discipline will help me succeed.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are days when luck doesn't come but a lot of bad luck comes, but in the end I know that poker is variance and that it depends a lot on our actions and opponents

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Online, if two people 2x bet or more, I watch for a setup by the software to eliminate one or more people by the largest bank in action. No matter what that person holds.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if it's superstition or not, but always when I get a strong hand and intuition tells me that I'm going to be run over, everything happens.:)

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

No superstition, just assume you will be constantly outdrawn then you will never be disappointed.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do have favourite hands, but only because I seem to have been lucky with them I doubt they've been luckier than any other for me, but for some reason, I seem to win with them.

However, when it comes to playing, and that hand seems to be setting upself up to hit, or, I've already hit it, I always play it like any other. I look around the table to see all the possibilities that other players have, and if I have some notes on the players, what they have done in the past.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I do not believe in superstitions or omens. I have the only ritual that I always follow and which helps me a lot to be patient and focused during the game. My ritual is daily meditation.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think everyone has their superstitions, their favorite hands that they feel are lucky (even though they are probably costing them money or chips). Back when I played a lot of live poker, you could tell by the way some people played with their card protector (the way they put it down, where they placed it, how they held it) if their hand was strong or not. Hang around poker a while and you will hear a lot of superstitions like: never play the first hand of a tournament (and conversely, never FOLD the first hand of a tournament..ha ha).

Personally, I don't believe I have any, but then again, I don't believe I have any tells either ;)

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not so much superstition as a sense of foreboding when dealt certain hands, pocket kings being a prime example - invariably a high raise with them gets called by someone holding Ace rag, and an ace somehow seems to get flopped more often than not... :eek::eek::eek:

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t have any superstitions about poker, although I probably do))) this is “not going to All-in with 72 offsuit preflop” this is a bad idea))) joke of course! Seriously though, there are probably no special superstitions, if there is no mood then I don’t sit down to play here are my principles! Good luck at the tables!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Superstitions for insecure players.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I don't believe in any superstitions about playing poker.:D The only thing I use is the history of previous hands. If I see that the cards of my hand have not fallen out for a long time, then I am more likely to bet.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't believe in superstitions but when he plays the only card that makes me lose on the river I start to believe a little

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad superstitions for me never good ones, if I have a pocket pair someone else normally has one too

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Superstitions, if you think it works for you then it probably does. Do what makes you think your on your game and win win win. Personally don't have any but to stay out of the way of a player that is running hot and jump into hands of a player that's not running so good.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you don't believe in these things, try this one with these steps:

1. Record these results manually, because your stay tracker won't do this one for you.

2. Record every single instance where a new player joins your table with a small stack and their first action is to jam all-in pre-flop from the small blind position.

3. For the times that someone calls the jam, record how many times small blind wins versus the caller.

Then tell me what you believe.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If you have superstitions only when you lose then it would be better not to believe in such a thing because it is completely different and that is to focus on taking into account only the bad things that happen to you ... I do not believe in such a thing!