What is your celebration moves after winning big pot?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Online I may do a little celebration if it's a big pot

Live if I win a huge pot this tends to be my celebration

@ 3:30

R

Retina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More all depends on the case and obsessive RNG. Well, if you are lucky and won POT, and then you can put whiskey for this men

RichL

RichL

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
brief smile, fist pump followed by ''get in there'' ;D

ah yes, this describes the English way very well, with the "get in there" forced through slightly gritted teeth, sometimes followed by a "take that you slaaag" for those of us from the London area

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online if someone says good hand, I say thank you. Live I do nothing unless spoken too,

rogerdelpk

rogerdelpk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make a little dance infront the PC, really embarrasing ones....

T

Teofealter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I let out a muffled scream then i raise both fists in the air above my head punching the thin air.

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If online and my game is on the line, usually a loud shout of YES with a punch to the air. It really gets the blood pumping again, and like others have said, makes me feel the the poker gods are still hanging around.

S

swingro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never played live. But online it is nothing unusual to win or to loose a big pot. After a while winning a big pot it not such a big deal.It does not move me much. Grinding to go up a lvl requires winning lots and lots of big pots. Maybe if i hit a 2 outer 250BB deep i would say a laud "YES".On the other hand loosing 3-4 big pots in a row , makes you loose your cool and curse their mothers.

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First round of applause shout bravooooooo and sometimes start and play :) :) ;)

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
funny found myself hit a set last night on final table the other person rivered the higher set so I did the YESSSS

OHHHHH NOOOOO haha:) I dont do much celebrating till all the chips are counted!!

W

waterboy73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On rare occasion, online I might let out a "Thank god he didn't bink there.." Usually followed up by a celebratory bong rip. LOL But live, I try to "act like I have been there before" and just stack the chips and move o n to the next hand. I'm not really a big fan of the over exaggerated celebrations.

D

da_goat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont celebrate pots. something to do with karma. if i win something in a tourney i mull it over on the couch at night during tv and think it over internally. i feel celebrations brings you into the crosshairs of some funky bad jinky payback. even the few times ive been fortunate to play live i say thank you and am modest about it, turn the page and on to next hands battle of wills. celebrating one won pot to me is like a football player dancing in the endzone after a td with his team down 35 to 7 . just my 2 cents.

Yeah, don't pull a Cam Newton!

D

da_goat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the only time a real celebration should take place is possibly making the final table, but for sure if you actually win...as long as it is in good taste.

SloPowers

SloPowers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online, I will do the big 'yeeessssss'! And maybe a fist pump. Live, I always try to maintain my composure unless it's the final hand of the game and I've won - in that case, composure is lost and it's a big 'weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee'!

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My reaction is to raise your fist and say we will !!! and some dirty word sometimes, lol

Martinez

Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is a big pot, I usually close my fist and thump the air. If it is a big pot at an important time in a tourney, a loud cry of YES tends to coincide with the thump.

C

carsguitars777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once won a large tornament it was the highest buy in I had played at the time, I was so exited it got me sick to my stomach and puked near the table, kind of embarrising but I could care less, ha I wonder what the people around thought lol

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not a celebration define myself when i win a big pot, must be because those beautiful things about poker do not happen very often, but what proves my face is a smile that last a long minutes.!!

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As much as I try to remove emotion my usual reponses are

Win a big pot: a small smile and nod to myself
Lose a big pot: roll eyes and look away to keep composure

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I happen to be watching someone play and I'm really cheering for them, I tend to holler out a big Woo Hoo! and for myself, I think I'm rather quiet..online of course, since I've only ever played one game live.

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this online poker, approximately the expression on my face :D

memnikolascage2.jpg

M

MPaz_87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I scream like a crazy person, and say something like "take it bitccccccccccccch", "karma's a bitch", "I beat your ass". Of course I don't write it on chat, that would be rude.

Gothams Son

Gothams Son

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's online I give a fist pump, if it's live I usually bite my lip and do my best not to smile.

Ms_Fold_Alot

Ms_Fold_Alot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online - I scream "yes" .... the neighbours are used to that by now lol

live - I either knock on the table, give a whoop / yeah or shake the opponents hand if I knocked them out, all depending on stack size, players and situation.

I think making a big show of winning shows your fellow players that you either don't win often or have lack of respect for them, or both. I think it's bad form - it's poker, not football.