What would you do with 8 million dollars? it's what the WSOP champion takes.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would dedicate myself to playing all the live poker tournaments in the world. I would start a company in my city and give work to all my friends. It would be a great dream.

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

if I earn that much money I will buy a caravan, a car and travel all over the world

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1/2 on bitcoin, 1/2 on tesla stock.

Lol but in all seriousness, I'd pay my taxes, buy a house free and clear, and try to find some decent investments that i can make 50-100k a year passively on so I can coast the rest of life.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would immediately hand over approximately half of it to the government.

The following article is from 2019 (due to the planned demic interrupting the Main Event for the past couple of years), but Russ Fox (a CPA) writes this article at the conclusion of every Main Event final table... and it is quite revealing:

http://www.taxabletalk.com/2019/07/...al-winners-of-the-2019-world-series-of-poker/

If you prefer a more mainstream site, here is the poker news article on it:
https://www.pokernews.com/news/2019...-main-event-final-table-players-tax-34912.htm

Here’s a table summarizing the tax bite:
Amount won at Final Table: $30,825,000
Total Tax paid by players: $11,972,653
That means 38.84% of the winnings at the final table goes toward taxes.

Winner Before-Tax Prize After-Tax Prize
1. Hossein Ensan $10,000,000 $5,393,531
2. Dario Sammartino $6,000,000 $3,427,650
3. Alex Livingston $4,000,000 $2,800,000
4. Garry Gates $3,000,000 $1,949,187
7. Nick Marchington $1,525,000 $1,525,000
5. Kevin Maahs $2,200,000 $1,329,271
6. Zhen Cai $1,850,000 $1,143,321
8. Timothy Su $1,250,000 $758,850
9. Milos Skrbtic $1,000,000 $525,537
Totals $30,825,000 $18,852,347
We are ripped off every step of the way in our journey... taxation is theft.
The TRUE winner of every Main Event is... governments (and the private bankers who own the world's money supply and lend it out to nations "with interest attached").

Last edited:
B

Bendango329

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW

That’s the 8million dollar question for the champ??? I’ll tell you later . Jk lol but I’ll tell you wat I would do to 8 mill invest in something to make more money for me and my family

D

DollarDonJon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had 8 million.. I would play live poker all the time. I would open several places for the youth to play without interference. I would have an establishment to feed hungry people. I would allow a place for people to relax by opening a rose garden. Just make the world a better place.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would immediately hand over approximately half of it to the government.

The following article is from 2019 (due to the planned demic interrupting the Main Event for the past couple of years), but Russ Fox (a CPA) writes this article at the conclusion of every Main Event final table... and it is quite revealing:

http://www.taxabletalk.com/2019/07/...al-winners-of-the-2019-world-series-of-poker/

If you prefer a more mainstream site, here is the Poker News article on it:
https://www.pokernews.com/news/2019...-main-event-final-table-players-tax-34912.htm

We are ripped off every step of the way in our journey... taxation is theft.
The TRUE winner of every Main Event is... governments (and the private bankers who own the world's money supply and lend it out to nations "with interest attached").
It is really sad to know that they have to pay this amount of tax to the governments. There should be a law that protects the player from paying this amount, because heck a government that does nothing for the player has to take so much from one. The Plandemic, as you mention it, is another way in which the government is feeding itself through the bribes they receive from big pharma, I do not understand how in certain places people endure such oppression, most of them are so asleep that they do not even notice what is happening. They keep worrying about the selfie of the day. Regards.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is really sad to know that they have to pay this amount of tax to the governments. There should be a law that protects the player from paying this amount, because heck a government that does nothing for the player has to take so much from one. The Plandemic, as you mention it, is another way in which the government is feeding itself through the bribes they receive from big pharma, I do not understand how in certain places people endure such oppression, most of them are so asleep that they do not even notice what is happening. They keep worrying about the selfie of the day. Regards.

Not every country is so harsh, in fact, it is very surprising to learn that in the United Kingdom, gambling wins are NOT TAXED AT ALL. (please correct me if I am wrong) To tax gambling wins is "double taxation", and I'll try to explain it quickly.

Here's the problem... every single dollar that is in the prize pool of a tournament like the Main Event consists of money that has ALREADY BEEN TAXED. Most people work hard for a living, they earn a paycheck which the government then take their cut as "taxes". Fair enough, right? We are all okay with that part - yes, even me. Someone has to pay for infrastucture, right?

But now those hard-working people take a vacation out in Vegas and they bring $10,000 of their ALREADY-TAXED money with them... they pool their entry fee into the middle and play down to a winner over the seven days... and then what happens?

THE GOVERNMENT TAXES ALL THAT MONEY YET AGAIN.

This is the "theft" part I am speaking of. Taxed money being taxed again? How can that possibly be fair and equitable?

Most people don't realize, the money in their wallets is PRIVATELY OWNED... by what we call the "Central Bankers". They are private, these bankers do NOT work for governments... in fact, these bankers exist outside of any form of government... in fact, the Central Bankers have become the "world government", for the precise reason that they OWN the private money supply of our world, and they loan it out to the various governments "at interest", or what the Holy Bible calls "usury". Just go read the passages about usury in the Bible and you will see and realize that we were warned 2000 years ago about usury being EVIL. And yet today... our entire human society is based upon usury. It is theft, plain and simple.

Money is not evil by itself. Money is simply a store of our blood sweat and tears - our hard work, our labor... money is a "lubricant", instead of trading a few chickens and a goat for a cow, which is a very messy and difficult transaction, we exchange "money" for the cow instead - much simpler, and much easier. If that's as far as money went, all would be fine... but it isn't. Once the Central Bankers took over the money supply and called it their own, that's when all our human problems began. The Central Bankers profit from usury, no one else profits from it. We are all hurt by usury... but over the centuries, their profits from their usury practice has enriched them to the point where they have literally been able to buy up everything of value in our world - they control all the natural resources, they control all the governments, and they control all the human beings who work for all the corporations and governments... let's just say this hasn't worked out well for humanity, and I will leave my rant and rave right there. Those who understand don't need to hear my screed, and those who don't understand my words usually don't care to listen. And so it goes... :D

And now you know why I won't ever play the Main Event, and won't ever win the glory and fame and riches... my solution is very simple - I choose not to participate in the whole scheme. That doesn't mean I don't dream about it, of course I do... but I simply realize the reality of the situation and want no part of it. I'd rather be poor and keep my principles and integrity intact instead of "getting rich" and throwing them all away. Maybe if someday I end up in the UK... :) but they don't want someone like me. haha

Last edited:
Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
8 million? Wow; prize pool has really gone up since the days of Johnny Moss hasn't it? Even if roughly half of that is taxes, 4 million is still a lot of money...provided one is smart about managing it.

I'd imagine I'd keep some portion of this money for my poker bankroll, but a lot of this money I'm just using for day to day life, investments and business opportunities.

Maybe I'd write a book, or something and get it to be a best seller. That would pay some more and who wouldn't want to read a book from a Main Event champion?

What I wouldn't do is spend prodigally and lose the money back; let us not forget that houses still have taxes and cars still have insurance etc. We've got it made if can manage this new wealth intelligently. Sure, I'd celebrate a bit after winning, but nothing extremely costly; perhaps a nice dinner and party with family/friends, but then tomorrow, or a few days later, back to work we go... (and by "work" I'd mean playing poker with solid bankroll management, or writing that book etc.)

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a lot of money, it is only needed for business. I am well aware that I have zero chances of winning this kind of tournament.
And less would be enough for me for a quiet old age.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I would buy a house, a car, I would put a good business and buy several houses to put them on rent ... I would live traveling knowing the world and playing poker everywhere haha

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Well, $8M is a real nice chunk of money. When I thought about it, I came up with this :
I think I would use half of it to secure a stable life for the rest of my days, a nice home, some quality transportation means and especially some kind of business. I also would give away $2M, some to needy friends and some to different charities.
I would use a part of the remaining 2, probably $1M in a couple of investments and the rest would be my poker bankroll and traveling expenses.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spend some on my mom and two sisters. Then I would invest the rest. Of course I would use some to continue playing poker.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With 8 million I would first move and buy a house. I would start a private business and then travel the world. And on the list of the first cities I would visit are London and Edinburgh.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pay off all my debt and my wife's debt and invest it into stocks, cryptocurrency, real estate, start a business, start a family, donate some of the money to my friends and family. Donate to the homeless and charities. Travel around the world and of course utilize more money in poker tournaments.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would invest a great part of the prize, quit my job and travel all around the world.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Travel the wotld while playing little bit of poker

IXIX

IXIX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably give a milli to my parents, 500k to my bro, try 500k in the crypto/nft market, 2.5 million in savings /cds/ anything I can make guarantee money long term from a bank , 1.5 milli for poker bankroll, and the rest after taxes for myself to spend on anything

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I would tell my parents to stop working and buy them a new house, travel around the world. With that would be enough

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I won so much money, I would probably give up poker and invest this money in some good business! I would travel a lot and would not deny myself and my loved ones nothing! I would probably send some part to charity in some orphanages! I hope someday it will happen and I will become the wsop champion! Good luck at the tables!

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
First: i will buy something for my wife and daughter then my mother my sister and my brother and my 2 nephews, whatever they wanted

2nd: Travel with my families for me experience than buying material things is more important

3rd: invest my money left so i can have passive income

WSOP