what would be the ideal time for a poker game.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what would be the ideal time for a poker game. I think it should have a maximum of 1 hour of play, there are games that take up to 5 hours, because the players pass the time hoping to enter the awards and this is very tiring for the mind.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you consider that 5 hours is too tiring for the mind, then maybe you should choose another format. The cash game, for example, has the advantage of being able to sit and leave the table at any time, so this format is the most indicated for those who can don't play for many hours. By other side, it is considered the more complex type of game. That's because the blinds don't increase and the stacks are big, resulting in much more post-flop game and rare "all in or fold" situations.

h1seless

h1seless

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If for me , I do not think that 5 hours of playing poker is tiring, but if you play cash games it is really quite boring , but for anyone like me ,I rolled poker 5 hours, or almost tired. Unless of course I leave the bankroll ))

Crazymoney16

Crazymoney16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Time for playing poker is always ideally, provided that the money grows and there are comfortable conditions)

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friends, I mean online poker, I think five hours of online poker is natela of a computer and very tiring, but if it is table poker and I play live for days.

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well big online tournaments can last 12-14 hours,i agree its very tiring especially if you losse after like 8 hours and win nothing special

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It varies the time you have available and you feel comfortable being. For example, I avoid entering many of the participants' tournaments during the week because my availability of attention and time is shorter. play tournaments with few subscribers or sit & go. Already at the end of the week I end up in tournaments that require hours 3 4 5 hours, to enter in ITM in average 2 to 3 hours. See what feels comfortable and focus on it. Good luck.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd like to start at 7 PM and go until needed. hopefully not past 2!

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
check my friend well in my case I prepare to play several tournaments for long hours and get great prizes. So a session can last from 6 to 8 hours so I need to be well prepared for it with sleep in day, food etc.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On the weekends a 3 to 5 hour tournament are not bad. Have played ones on FTP and PS that were 8 to 10 hours back in the day. During the work week a short table SnG is about all I'm up too.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each player is different, so if one can play 5 hours comfortably, the other loses concentration in 1 hour! And if your concentration is lost, you'll give all your chips away.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually enter between 20 and 30 minutes after the start of the tournament

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I believe, that a normal tournament should last from two to five hours. This is the normal duration of the average statistic tournament.
Good luck.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, the online tournaments can be a grind. Sitting in front of the computer for several hours can be tiring. Alas, it is necessary for most online tournaments. If you're looking to play an online tournament but spend a shorter time, I think the primary option is to play higher stakes and/or tournaments with fewer entrants. That option has potential pitfalls regarding bankroll and skill level, though.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I agree that you play in the tournament for 3-4-5 hours and not the fact that the player gets into the zone of the prize, and if he gets into the prize then get a small prize and time spent a lot, I think that it would be normal for tournaments where somewhere from 1 up to 3-4 hours for the tournament and it would be great for players who have not much time!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
For me, the perfect time for a tournament is 2-3 hours.
Personally, after three hours I lose concentration and make mistakes.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
It is difficult to determine an ideal time to play poker ... because all people are different ... however the playing time must be conditioned to the disposition of each person ... they could be 2..3..4 etc ... hours .. the important thing is never to play if you feel tired ... or stressed ... or are you thinking of other things you have to do ... when you go to play poker you must be physically and mentally willing only to poker ...

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can play without problems for 5-8 hours a day.
Of course, if the same result could be obtained in 1-2 hours then that would be great.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

I would like the poker tournament to be as long as possible. Just like the main event at the wsop.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
fff

I prefer to play tournaments at afternoon .I have enough time to spend so be at my work next morning .Also i like playing at 10p,m where are a lot of tournaments at pokerstars.

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I am a poker player online. (not professional) for now, and I do not think that 5 hours of game are exhausting because a tournament can reach up to 8, 10 or maybe more hours depending on the magnitude of the event, as for your question about what the moment is indicated to play poker, I think any time is appropriate as long as you feel fit to play.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know, I don't have a problem with the long game. If you do not want to sleep and nothing and no one distracts - "play and get pleasure." On the contrary, it seems to me that this is a special value of the game, when at 5 o'clock you have a chance to win a penny, or a little more to rest and win a big prize at the final table

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll play up to 16 hours at a time. A 10-12 hour poker session is normal for me.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started studying SnG's a little deeper and I have to admit, this is even better!!!
There's no problem playing 3-4-5 hours, if it's worth it, but with SnG's you get a new result almost every hour, in case of winning a positive impact.
As i am multi-tabling anyway, time doesn't matter...:saint:

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sitting at the computer is not a problem for me as this is my regular job and i sit every day for 8 hours and some days even for 12 hours. Regarding how many hours i am comfortable to play online - it depends very much of my physical condition and mostly how tired i am. If i get up at saturday after having good sleep and get good breakfast i can play maybe 6 or 7 hours without problem. If i play during the business days after work i can handle 2 to 3 hours before getting too tired. Playing live with friends at home game we usually finish in around 3 to 4 hours.

Top 10 Games