What will you do if you go broke in a short time ?

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try once more, this last time, I will win this one, three months off(play next day instead)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I go broke at poker, I’ll take a week off. Then I will analyze my game and start from the beginning. If that doesn't help, then I'll just stop playing.

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it's knowing how to deal with the situation, learning and not trying to break again

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A little break to review all what I did wrong

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lost my bankroll to many times, because I was in wrong games, lack of discipline, or bad bankroll management. I learned from my mistakes, and doing better now. I’m not a professional player, have day job, and it’s lots easier for me to start again from zero. Patience learning, and discipline are keys for success.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Never going to happen!
I have been playing for over 20 years and have never lost my entire bankroll, I also have never deposited on any site either, so all money I have in different accounts is Free-roll winnings, and then using that to buy-in to Micro stake games and move up in stakes as I win more and build my Bankroll up.
It is a slow progress but I am in no hurry to become a Poker Millionaire.
Poker is just a hobby for me, I am never going to be a Professional Poker Player, mainly because I don't want to be, I am happy playing for low stakes and having fun doing it.
Bankroll Management is Paramount when gambling in any form whether it is on Poker, Horse's,Football, or even the Stock Market. There is an adage that say's " Don't put all your Eggs in one Basket" and sensible gamblers always have a back-up plan.
Poker is more than just a way to make money, it's Exciting, Exhilarating, and Extremely Good Fun! :):):)

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I’ve only used free rolls to build my bank. I have also lost it all and had to start again.

The challenge is that when you are feeling in the mood to play so you enter a micro tournament…2 hands in, someone shoves preflop and you call with rockets. They hit 2 pair and your out. You still want to play and you’ve set aside this time in the day so you rebuy. A couple of hands later your 2 pair is beat by a set…again…you still want to play but you’re running cold…

That’s where it’s tough to have bankroll management as the bankroll is small to begin with. I’m not playing to “win back my money” I’m playing because I love to play…I’m not on tilt…but bankroll is almost gone. ☹️

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
at the moment friend i'm broke and i don't have money to make a deposit, i'm trying to raise a bankroll in frerrolls!

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You are not alone, there are a lot of them.:eek::eek:

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play the bankroll and do not be afraid to go bankrupt.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I go 'poker broke' it's not really a big deal, been there before, just gotta take a deep breath, regroup and take a short break and start over again. Going 'poker broke' I believe is part of the game, it sucks but hey, it is what it is. However, going broke while playing poker is a 'Big' difference, keep poker money and 'Real' money separate!!!

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
every poker player at least one time experienced going broke in a short period of time, especially those players whose bankrolls are very small or playing poker as a day job.

it happened to me not only once maybe 3 or 4 times and every time I handle the situation and saved myself its all started with playing online and I couldn't handle bad beats and downswings so I cashed in more than usual and it cost me my bankroll after a short period of time.

so how did I handle; well it's not easy I was broke I just take a break from poker I borrowed money and I ask for help from my close friends and after a while with poker tables that I could handle well and started all over again

Well, I´m glad you found a way out, but it seems you want to have a professional approach to poker, keep going with but, aim to be a good professional once your life depends on it.

Regards

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I congratulate you for being able to overcome the bad times that we all have in this game. My last year was very good in terms of results but much happier for my good level of poker. This year also started quite well, I hope it continues as well.

T

TonyTadzh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait for next freeroll and good luck to win some money!

S

Schijtlijster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a tough one.... I have had a problem with this for ever. I cannot really answer. Before I waited to play freerolls, later I just deposited more, but now I am into the freerolls again.

I do have a family, so I am more responible now. Before it did not really matter.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play more freerolls to hopefully build another bankroll.

O

odonob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Take a break and come back later. Maybe take a week or two off.

018smitty

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have been trying to build off from freerolls. i dont want to deposit

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Managing Bankroll and Myself

every poker player at least one time experienced going broke in a short period of time, especially those players whose bankrolls are very small or playing poker as a day job.

it happened to me not only once maybe 3 or 4 times and every time I handle the situation and saved myself its all started with playing online and I couldn't handle bad beats and downswings so I cashed in more than usual and it cost me my bankroll after a short period of time.

so how did I handle; well it's not easy I was broke I just take a break from poker I borrowed money and I ask for help from my close friends and after a while with poker tables that I could handle well and started all over again

Hi Arash

I agree that many players have probably experienced a time in their poker careers where they have gone bust, i can relate to this and at that time it was simply because i was playing at stakes that were too high and did not reflect my bankroll.
I think for all players, even winning ones, the need to manage how much you spend is crucial, its part of the reason why today we see so many professionals playing progressive knockout poker to ensure they manage their upswings and downswings with those much needed bounties.
Sometimes we can also be guilty of playing too much poker and its part and parcel of why some players become addicted to this game.
How do i manage my bankroll and play time - i play less tournaments online these days and tend to play live more as i grind cash better with cash games but any game i do play online has to have value so i tend to stick to PKOs.
I would look at your bankroll management and revisit that, try not to borrow from anyone and supplement your love for poker with the freerolls we provide at Cardschat!

I have included some useful links to bankroll management articles and community threads previously posted at Cardschat - i hope this helps!

https://www.cardschat.com/poker-bankroll-management.php

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/bankroll-management-494635/

Best Wishes

Glenn

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't even know how I would act in such a situation! I myself am a beginner and built my bankroll on freerolls, but sometimes I play tournaments with small limits, and very often I lose there, but I do not try to spend my bankroll completely, there must be some kind of self-control! I understand that I do not have enough skills to play at certain limits and I try to improve them, thereby testing them in freerolls! I think that if I lost my entire bankroll, then I would probably start building it again with $ 0, but with new strength and experience in playing them! Good luck at the tables and play your bankroll!

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is very important to understand that this game is not always worth the experience it brings with it! it is important to believe in yourself, in your capabilities and be ready to get up again and again! but I still agree with the people who wrote that a small pause before new exploits is necessary!:p

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I go broke, I will start playing freerolls in the hope of replenishing my bankroll, but this is painstaking and difficult work not everyone can do,
I haven't succeeded yet, I decided to make a deposit, not big
I will play dollar tours

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the right bankroll management and a big stack strategy, you won't go broke quickly. You can only play within limits that your bankroll allows. You should also always bring enough money with you to the table. You always join a table with a full stack (100 big blinds). 100 big blinds equal one buy-in. Once you have 25 buy-ins for the next highest limit, you can move up to that limit. If you only have 25 buy-ins for the next lowest limit, you must move down to that limit.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cry [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]. Happened to me so many times ,sure didn't cry but deposit again and again

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you go broke
2 case

Your played out of a proper bankroll management

and 2..... you are not a wining player. U r a bad player or a gambler.