What will you do if you go broke in a short time ?

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks god I dont worry about that since I have a day job

milencenov

milencenov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
""What will you do if you go broke in a short time ?""

Well, it depends whether you refer to poker or to life in general.

In poker, I will just try to bounce back from freerolls, centrols, cheaprolls and micro stake games.
It is not a good idea for a low stake player like me, to deposit big amounts and start chasing the past losses.

In life, if my business goes bust, I will just plan, calculate and open another one.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Fortunately, that has never happened to me and it will never happen thanks to a good bankroll management.But answering your question,I wouldn´t deposit or borrow money at all but play only freerolls Patience and bankroll management are the keys to avoid this.

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm so tired of going broke it's not funny but I know it's because I'm still in the learning stages. At this point I don't deposit! I'm on a freeroll grind and with almost all my time invested in learning, I see a huge bankroll in my near future! [emoji857]

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon.Fortunately, that has never happened to me and it will never happen thanks to a good bankroll management.But answering your question,I wouldn´t deposit or borrow money at all but play only freerolls Patience and bankroll management are the keys to avoid this.

This is so true. I keep slipping myelf. ALot of people dont know the strength of their game because of poor BRM. I tried is for 60 days (100 buy ins) and never had to worry.BUt then i wanna go play with the big boys, and have to reload. LOL

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
every poker player at least one time experienced going broke in a short period of time, especially those players whose bankrolls are very small or playing poker as a day job.

it happened to me not only once maybe 3 or 4 times and every time I handle the situation and saved myself its all started with playing online and I couldn't handle bad beats and downswings so I cashed in more than usual and it cost me my bankroll after a short period of time.

so how did I handle; well it's not easy I was broke I just take a break from poker I borrowed money and I ask for help from my close friends and after a while with poker tables that I could handle well and started all over again

Try to find a better way to manage your bankroll and you should never go broke.

Piligrin66

Piligrin66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I lose everything, I take it easy, I go to bed or watch a good new film and don't play after that for 2-3 days, but this rarely happens to me.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hey! It's okay, I'll start all over again. It's not the first time to start from scratch, this applies to both poker and life. So soon everything that you have lost will come to you many times more than it was before. The main thing is not to panic and have a clear plan of action and then everything will be fine. Happy New Year everyone! Happiness, health, love and good luck!

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I never go broke so I never or rarely have to deposit.
But I only play micro/mid tournaments, almost never cash games.

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I stop for a while, I recover and I keep trying, not to decline, hold on 2022:D:icon_sant

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
give me time to better prepare and start over

D

Dougwant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lower your stake as your roll gets small. May not help but it lasts longer. lol

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deposit small amounts at a time, so I often go broke and then I wait a few days and deposit another small amount.

C

Carlloss

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think breaking up is always a terrible situation. This has happened to me before. I was more than 5 years away from poker last time, but as I do it just as a hobby, I don't have the same impact as someone who has poker for a living.

S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I just start crying for a while and then deposit again Ha! Ha! Ha!

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start over and do better and not make the same mistake twice or more. Discipline is key to bankroll management

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I lost my bankroll at least 4 times. The reason for this was primarily my frivolous attitude to the game. After I started following bankroll management, my results improved significantly and my bankroll began to grow gradually.

Asabist007

Asabist007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And what can you do about it, I probably don’t ask myself this, but, however, I can say I’m almost overwhelmed, but hope has not yet poured :(

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm bankrupt now :)), but I'm not worried the year has just begun :), I hope this year will be the most profitable:)

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll go collect alms and soon collect a million dollars):D

L

Luisma231

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

Es muy duro ese momento de ruptura. Pero trato de enfriar mi cabeza para empezar de nuevo buscando ayuda

T

TonyTadzh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play good, with good theory and practice, its not a problem, for a long time you will earn more money than lose. But more play badly, so they need to study poker, though it can be boring and hard to learn and apply in real poker games..

O

odonob

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very difficult to keep a low bankroll to keep skin in the game. Too much variance. Not sure that the idea of a “bankroll” at all makes any kind of sense. Take out cash from winnings and start from scratch.

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
every poker player at least one time experienced going broke in a short period of time, especially those players whose bankrolls are very small or playing poker as a day job.

it happened to me not only once maybe 3 or 4 times and every time I handle the situation and saved myself its all started with playing online and I couldn't handle bad beats and downswings so I cashed in more than usual and it cost me my bankroll after a short period of time.

so how did I handle; well it's not easy I was broke I just take a break from poker I borrowed money and I ask for help from my close friends and after a while with poker tables that I could handle well and started all over again

Its impossible to be broke in poker because you can play freeroll.
But the main problem its the peoples do not manage your bankroll right.
I'm playing SNG et MTT, I dont register if I dont have 100 buy-in I dont register.
A day you will play $50 SNG and 1 week after you will play $5 SNGs.
IMO, if you don't have 100 buy-in in a limit, you do not have a bankroll, you have a budget. :)