What will you do if you go broke in a short time ?

DaaBee

DaaBee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Read, read and read some more

Step 1 - Read, read and read some more about Poker, then put that knowledge into practice.

Step 2 - Never go broke - Thats a dumb idear and has created a dilema for you.

Step 3 - bankroll Management - If you cannot look after real money , you deserve to loose everything. Stop playing like a 3 year old. If loosing is your style, then use PLAY money to get better.

Step 4 - Withdraw your winnings. Never keep a huge bankroll when all you ever play are $1 tables.

I hope you read this post, it will save you a lot of time and money.
https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

GL at the tables

Last edited:

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be angry but not so much, cause I never made a deposit, I'm trying to build my job in poker only with freerolls. I won 50 cents. Now I have 20 bucks, I hope still improve and growing that Amount

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, it happened to me a short time ago and very boring, very spin go Max game and last month I had my short bankroll of 70 dollars and I was accidentally playing 3 screens at the same time for 1 dollar and I don't know how I ended up in the 60 and have the pleasure of breaking fast so I can't concentrate on that session

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
every poker player at least one time experienced going broke in a short period of time, especially those players whose bankrolls are very small or playing poker as a day job.

it happened to me not only once maybe 3 or 4 times and every time I handle the situation and saved myself its all started with playing online and I couldn't handle bad beats and downswings so I cashed in more than usual and it cost me my bankroll after a short period of time.

so how did I handle; well it's not easy I was broke I just take a break from poker I borrowed money and I ask for help from my close friends and after a while with poker tables that I could handle well and started all over again

I would never borrow money to play poker and would never lend money to someone to play poker, unless it was just a case of I/they didn't have their bankcard with them or something.

I have never gone broke from poker. I have had some fairly hefty downswings, but good bankroll management has meant that I have never needed to re-deposit onto a poker site. In fact, when money got tight in real life, I was able to withdraw some of my poker bankroll to get me through to the end of the month. Yes, my bankroll took a hit and I had to drop down in levels, but still I can play and pay the bills.

joaquinvd

joaquinvd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently started playing at pokerstar I have played in other rooms but in Argentine pesos with the inflation of the dollar in my country it has cost me a lot, I have always had a very short bank, to load 10 dollars and play to reach a maximum of 50 us and withdraw 40 $ that's what I do and the truth is that when I ruin my bank of 10 $ I get very angry but my situation is like this, hopefully one day I can keep a bank of 100 200 dollars I would play more calmly and I would prepare for the next level nlh 5 10 etc

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You "borrowed" money to play poker? Well.....
The same as you - if I go broke, I take some time off. Then, after some time, when I am prepared, I deposit some money and start with micro stakes. That's how I grow up my bankroll.

"Thou shall not steal BB" PRICELESS!!!!!

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I haven't dealt with the loss of the bankroll yet, as I still have it small and so I only play freerrols! But when I start playing at normal tables, I will adhere to strictly bankroll management, because I believe that this is the main skill in order not to lose all my bankroll! I am new to poker and do not know many of the intricacies of poker, but I try to learn from other people's mistakes, so thank you for such posts in which you can find a lot of useful information! Thank you very much and good luck at the tables!

M

moularaki

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
you can go broke only if you tilt or if you don't care about your bankroll management
Well better stop and cool down

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

there is no such danger at low limits

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you follow good bankroll management you should not go broke quickly. I used the 100 buy in rule, it's the perfect amount where I don't play scared money. Buts it's all up to your psychology, some people can play with there whole bankroll on the table and it doesn't effect there play. I'm not one of those people.

D

Damian Baez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answer

just try again taking precautions not to play outside the limits of my bank

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
every poker player at least one time experienced going broke in a short period of time, especially those players whose bankrolls are very small or playing poker as a day job.

it happened to me not only once maybe 3 or 4 times and every time I handle the situation and saved myself its all started with playing online and I couldn't handle bad beats and downswings so I cashed in more than usual and it cost me my bankroll after a short period of time.

so how did I handle; well it's not easy I was broke I just take a break from poker I borrowed money and I ask for help from my close friends and after a while with poker tables that I could handle well and started all over again

I take vodka and drink for a week. And then I sit down like a new one at the tables :jd4::):jd4:

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to sort out your mistakes and work on your game, and then go back to the table.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are only two ways of events, go to bankruptcy and go to a regular job, or start your bankroll from scratch, by the way, card chat freerolls are very good for starting a new bankroll.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

I suppose you may think I am a Lucky player who has never gone broke, Luck has nothing to do with it, I have never gone broke, because I follow the 1% bankroll rule, Sure I have had days when I couldn't win a single cent and have lost every game, It happens, But I have come back the following day and won lots of money after reading and studying where I went wrong.
Poker is more skill than luck, a lucky player will win now and again, but a skillful player will inevitably win more games overall, Even with a small bankroll of just 30 dollars you really should not be buying in for more than 25 cents, I know this is Micro stakes but you have to stick with them until you manage to save $100 in your bankroll before moving up to 50 Cent or $1.00 buy-ins. I now can buy-in comfortably for $5.00 games and still be under the 1% of my bankroll.
Borrowing money for Poker is a sure way to lose, because subconsciously you know it is wrong and you are putting yourself under extra pressure that you really don't need. Learn to crawl before you start walking, and learn to walk before you can run, otherwise you may end up owing more money than you win.
There is no fast way to make money from Poker, it is hard work, with small rewards, but if you have a tight hold of your Bankroll and stick to the 1% Rule you can start to win, and that only gets bigger and better when you can afford to move up in Stakes.
Good Luck for the Future and stick to the 1% rule.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll for experience and to build your bank.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to go broke in poker. And if this happens, I will start to raise my bankroll with the help of freerolls or home clubs, in which they often play for play chips, and in prizes there is real money. There is always a way out!

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going Broke... I mean bank roll on PS>.....

Working on it now..

Ran roll up to 1400 now bad beats, runner runners, and run ito AA and KK trips reqularly?

Sitting at about 1000.

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If that happens, I play on free roll tournament.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I have gone broke on my poker bankroll. I just save up again and take a break. Then I just get back to it and try to get better and learn from my mistakes!

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I broke I will start a new life with building my bankroll again

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They say...
if some1 tells you something, you'll likely forget.
If they show you, you might remember.
If you do it, you will likely remember it.
Is true because sum really need to go broke to realize what bottom is and remember that feeling, and we all have broke our bankrolls on poker at 1 time or another and or on the regular.. lol..:D good luck and remember that practice makes perfect too. Go hard and go 100% or don't go at all.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Redeem your gold token, get a 10cts ticket, win a SnG...yeah you got 40 cts. Play a freeroll or two and you have a dollar. Run deep in the 2.000$ tourney, get broke again...my week lol

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I lost my bankroll in one day I would be frantic. I would first be sad, mad and upset but then I would think about why and how I lost it. After that I would make a plan and strategy to get my bankroll back.
Shuffle up and deal!

A

ALVY_MARRAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I lost everything in one day, I would work day and night to overcome everything in the following days and thus settle everything back to normal over time!