What will happen to poker in 2100th?

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, all.

Thinking about which of the historical figures played poker, I wondered what this game will be like in a, say, hundred years.

I see our materialized holograms with ICM/equity processors built into their heads. The
most advanced protocols are at the final table.

Do you have a picture?

• :burnout:p.S. I smoke only regular cigarettes.

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will be over 100 years old by this point I will very likely be dead and if not I will probably be to far gone to be able to make profit at the game anymore.

I really therefore do not find this question interesting what would be more interesting is to ponder where poker will be in say 5 years 10 years 20 years from now.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting question...food for thought.

In about one hundred years, I don't think games like Hold'em will still be around. There will be games based on it, but I don't think the current formats will be here.

Brick and mortar games, probably won't exist either, and we'll see no end of virtual tournaments, with players using some sort of webcam, (or whatever kind of cam you might need at that time).

I'm also wondering if bitcoin will take over as the preferred method of currency. Looks like a good possibility.

CardsChat will still be here, giving us a great source of information, such as they do, now.
They will be needed, more than ever.

Finally, Donald Trump will still be contesting the results of the 2020 election.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the 1900s, the shudi also thought that in a hundred years cars would fly, and there would be life on other planets, but in reality, not so many brilliant decisions and events have happened today. A hundred years is not so much to say I have lived for 30 years, I do not think that everything will change dramatically in poker, too.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will be over 100 years old by this point I will very likely be dead and if not I will probably be to far gone to be able to make profit at the game anymore.

I really therefore do not find this question interesting what would be more interesting is to ponder where poker will be in say 5 years 10 years 20 years from now.

Thank you anyway for your opinion. It is just my personal vision - caring for future generations of grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know, I certainly won't even be alive to live this new era.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting question...food for thought.

In about one hundred years, I don't think games like Hold'em will still be around. There will be games based on it, but I don't think the current formats will be here.

Brick and mortar games, probably won't exist either, and we'll see no end of virtual tournaments, with players using some sort of webcam, (or whatever kind of cam you might need at that time).

I'm also wondering if bitcoin will take over as the preferred method of currency. Looks like a good possibility.

CardsChat will still be here, giving us a great source of information, such as they do, now.
They will be needed, more than ever.

Finally, Donald Trump will still be contesting the results of the 2020 election.
Yeah, the old school poker goes away but legal appeals are eternal.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People still won't understand how to bet properly and I will continue to have a large edge in post-flop play. :)

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that poker in 100 years will cease to exist as a game. At that time, other interests of a person appear and therefore poker will be forgotten. I can even assume that other games may appear in 100 years.

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know and I certainly won't be here to see it.