What we least expect in the middle of a game.

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, it happened to you that you are playing an online tournament with a prize to distribute of $ 8,000 and in your first hands you run out of electricity! There are times when we prepare very well for this kind of tournament and when the time comes to act, the electricity can simply go away and it is not pleasant for us, I say it from experience.

If anything like this has ever happened, what have your thoughts been?

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, it happened to you that you are playing an online tournament with a prize to distribute of $ 8,000 and in your first hands you run out of electricity! There are times when we prepare very well for this kind of tournament and when the time comes to act, the electricity can simply go away and it is not pleasant for us, I say it from experience.

Of course it’s frustrating!
I had a problem a few years ago with hackers messing with my wifi
I would be disconnected and have to restart my computer and router before I could log back in. By the time I did that a lot of my stack would be gone.

As for power if I were you I would invest in a battery backup. Should get you through most tournaments no problem

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sympathize because it reminds me of bad memories. I was on a big MTT with several hundred thousand dollars for the winner. I was playing a hand against an advresaire and I had a full house at the king on the turn. when I wanted to call her all-in. I realized that I no longer had a connection. I already had 70% of my chips in the pot. when the connection is returned. it was too late for me and because of that. I didn't even manage to reach the ITM places. I will never forget this day and I hope that I will never have to relive it again.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, such cases have happened to me. In such cases, I always use my smartphone and mobile internet.

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes it happens to me, I can't even use my mobile phones because it runs out of battery. It's really frustrating.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesnt happen often but sometimes it happen, I remember that this year my router went offline for 15 minutes and in the same time I made 3bet and got shove but wasnt able to call, so this stuff happens.

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very unpleasant situation. Of course, this happens not only when playing poker. But when you play in a tournament, it's doubly offensive.

T_Dawg

T_Dawg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've lost Wi-Fi connections just long enough to lose many good hands. Too many. ��

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely unpleasant situation but you can do several things to prepare. I play from laptop so that even if electricity stops battery will last for several hours. You can provide internet to the laptop when electricity stops from your mobile phone using hotspot (android and ios support it for a long time). You can even entirely switch to the phone if you do not have laptop when electricity goes down. Having mobile device nearby with pokerstars client installed, charged battery and mobile data active can save your day sometimes.

Top 10 Games