What thoughts go through your mind when your chips go in???

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello all.

Just for a bit of a laught I would be interested to know what you are thinking.

Example. I am playing a 18 player SNG. I`m delt KK on the button. Blinds are 25/50. The short stack, 400 chips, calls UTG. Guy in middle position, aggressive player raises to 200. I want to isolate him and I wan a call from the short stack, so I raise to 400. Blinds fold, short stack goes all in. Aggressive guy actually folds :confused: so I`m heads up with shortie.

He turns over 10Jo :D result!!!

Now, to my point. I am always so negative now I`m always looking for how I will be hit by a bad beat.

Flop 636 rainbow "He will catch runner runner"

Turn 10 "Oh no, I`m beat"

River 7, I win :party:

I had a bit of a laugh to myself after thinking "U were about 6:1 fav when u got your money in"

Do you guys feel the same?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just prepare myself for the worst.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The previous tourny I went out pushing with JJ. Other guy turned 88 and hit a 9 high straight :eek:

Here is an excellent example. If you believe in the power of the brain :confused:

PokerStars Game #11410747491: Tournament #57893917, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2007/08/10 - 11:04:11 (ET) Table '57893917 1' 9-max Seat #5 is the button Seat 1: bruskib (1050 in chips) Seat 3: cubbierae (4200 in chips) Seat 4: ronaldadio (1895 in chips) Seat 5: AceDiva (7435 in chips) Seat 7: slates20x10 (1380 in chips) Seat 8: Wagonchrist (1690 in chips) Seat 9: zap ranigan (9350 in chips)
slates20x10: posts small blind 100
Wagonchrist: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ronaldadio [Qs Ad]
zap ranigan: calls 200
bruskib: folds
cubbierae: calls 200
ronaldadio: raises 1695 to 1895 and is all-in shows [Qs Ad]
AceDiva: folds
slates20x10: folds
Wagonchrist: folds
zap ranigan: calls 1695 shows [Tc Qc] "I`ve got him dominated, but he`ll hit his flush"
cubbierae: folds
*** FLOP *** [8s 5c Jd] "OK, where is the 9"
*** TURN *** [8s 5c Jd] [4s] "It must be the river"
*** RIVER *** [8s 5c Jd 4s] [9d] "yep, thought so" :D
*** SHOW DOWN ***
zap ranigan: shows [Tc Qc] (a straight, Eight to Queen)
ronaldadio: shows [Qs Ad] (high card Ace) zap ranigan collected 4290 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4290 | Rake 0
Board [8s 5c Jd 4s 9d]
Seat 1: bruskib folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 3: cubbierae folded before Flop Seat 4: ronaldadio showed [Qs Ad] and lost with high card Ace Seat 5: AceDiva (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet) Seat 7: slates20x10 (small blind) folded before Flop Seat 8: Wagonchrist (big blind) folded before Flop Seat 9: zap ranigan showed [Tc Qc] and won (4290) with a straight, Eight to Queen

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i say "you win" and expect to lose, even if im statistically a big fave in the hand. doesnt matter. unless they have absolutely nothing like the dope called with a gutshot (even then im uneasy), i expect to lose.

Last edited:
stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this whole thread is bad for poker, can we re-title it "the result orientated thread"?

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this whole thread is bad for poker, can we re-title it "the result orientated thread"?

I think certain people are bad for this forum.

ffs, lighten up!!!

Yet again I find myself having to explain a post - it was a hand I won!!!

I was commenting on the thoughts going through my mind, thats all. I found it funny that I was expecting the worse even though I was a massive fav.

Get a life.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i never think of the worst, Usually i go allin with the best cards, then its up to the poker gods,lol like Wednesday`s freeroll, i had A K hearts, the other guy had A J clubs, and what happened, you guessed it, 3 clubs came up,,also i ended up with 3 Kings to boot, but that dont beat a flush,,,,, Thats Poker,lol,, buck:D

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think certain people are bad for this forum.

ffs, lighten up!!!

Yet again I find myself having to explain a post - it was a hand I won!!!

I was commenting on the thoughts going through my mind, thats all. I found it funny that I was expecting the worse even though I was a massive fav.

Get a life.

the OP is fine but I see it by the responses going towards the I always expect to lose when im 99% favorite. Its kinda like the im folding KK preflop for now on thread, and no cant lighten up then I wouldnt be me. Dont have life today, ive been home sick from work and have not been in 4 days so CC is my life for a couple days. AND NO JD I DONT NEED YOU TO FIX THIS POST SO DONT EVEN TRY.

I actually like the OP, just waiting on new players coming in saying I lost with AK vs AQ and when I pushed all in I knew I would so im folding it preflop for now on.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i never think of the worst, Usually i go allin with the best cards, then its up to the poker gods,
Thanks m8. So what are you thinking as the community cards are delt?

I think it is Joe Hachem that actually walks away from the table when he goes all in - possibly not a bad idea???

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the OP is fine but I see it by the responses going towards the I always expect to lose when im 99% favorite. Its kinda like the im folding KK preflop for now on thread, and no cant lighten up then I wouldnt be me. Dont have life today, ive been home sick from work and have not been in 4 days so CC is my life for a couple days. AND NO JD I DONT NEED YOU TO FIX THIS POST SO DONT EVEN TRY.

I actually like the OP, just waiting on new players coming in saying I lost with AK vs AQ and when I pushed all in I knew I would so im folding it preflop for now on.

I disagree that this thread is bad for poker. (at least my reply to it) When I was reading Zen and the Art of Poker, it talked about being prepared for the worst so that bad beats affect you less emotionally (because you are already "prepared" for them) and don't throw you off your game. I think it is important for players to be able to control themselves emotionally and be able to avoid going on tilt when bad beats happen.

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think it is Joe Hachem that actually walks away from the table when he goes all in - possibly not a bad idea???

i have gotten up to go get a drink before. lol (and no its not joe hachem that walks away, he just doesnt look. kiran o'leary --sp?-- is the one that walks away)

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree that this thread is bad for poker. (at least my reply to it) When I was reading Zen and the Art of Poker, it talked about being prepared for the worst so that bad beats affect you less emotionally (because you are already "prepared" for them) and don't throw you off your game. I think it is important for players to be able to control themselves emotionally and be able to avoid going on tilt when bad beats happen.

Also, I don't think it's fair for you to say the thread is bad for poker because you're expecting a bunch of new players to come in and talk about how they're going to fold AK pre-flop because they know they will lose to AQ. Nobody has done that in this thread yet, and maybe they never will, but you're already saying it like this thread is a disaster.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree and disagree, yes that is true but you get your money in good why would you need to prepare yourself for the worst its not like we are going to war or something. The goal in poker should be to get your money in as good as you can and that is what we are doing, if we get sucked out oh well that happens.

but im not allowed to post anymore in OP threads so this will have to be my last post.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, I don't think it's fair for you to say the thread is bad for poker because you're expecting a bunch of new players to come in and talk about how they're going to fold AK pre-flop because they know they will lose to AQ. Nobody has done that in this thread yet, and maybe they never will, but you're already saying it like this thread is a disaster.

good points vanquish.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

So why could you not have said that in the first place? Would have made more sense to me.

I was simply having a laugh at my expense saying how negative I am sometimes, even when normally I`m a positive person. I was interested to know if I was the only one, if other people feel the same way or if someone had a great idea to overcome this.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

well the flop came 2 clubs & a king,i thought Great, then the turn was a blank,, the river gave me a heart attack, it was the King of clubs,,lol, almost had it till the river,lol,, oh ya, then i thought WTF,,lol,,:D buck:D

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So why could you not have said that in the first place? Would have made more sense to me.

I was simply having a laugh at my expense saying how negative I am sometimes, even when normally I`m a positive person. I was interested to know if I was the only one, if other people feel the same way or if someone had a great idea to overcome this.

I apologize if It came off the wrong way, can we hug now?

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree and disagree, yes that is true but you get your money in good why would you need to prepare yourself for the worst its not like we are going to war or something. The goal in poker should be to get your money in as good as you can and that is what we are doing, if we get sucked out oh well that happens.

but im not allowed to post anymore in OP threads so this will have to be my last post.

Obviously 2nd last...

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite part is when all my chips go in! So exciting, such a rush. :D

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I put the chips in, I'm usually thinking "I am Inigo Montoya, you have challenged me for this pot; prepare to die!"

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm usually wanting a call because I know I'm ahead. Only thing that flashes through my mind are all his outs as the cards come out, or all my outs if I fall behind.

ALL IN IS FUN!

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, Ron, I think all of us have that moment when we get our chips in as a big favorite and then a certain card(s) will come on the flop/turn where villain picks up a large amount of outs... and all you can think is "HAPPY HIPPOS!:mad: ".*
Most of the time the out doesn't come and our hand holds up, but I still get that feeling of momentary dread even though I know I am way ahead.

*Insert own favorite saying in place of curse words:D *

crancko

crancko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, I seem to go in heavy always thinking "Yay, the suckers ate it!". (Mostly go in with a lot after having bet solid first). Never fails, the feeling of having a sure thing. It sometimes goes wrong, but mostly right. But thats common statistics...

Poker Chips - History of Chips