What struck you the most when you started playing poker?

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LET'S GO! TALK TO US :)

The biggest surprise I had when knowing poker, was the news that players arcaba with their own expenses and could generate a profession this beautiful game

I believe it is not very easy to start in today's times, but nothing is impossible.
It is important that we fight and have perseverance!

AND YOU?:laugh:

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
struck that this game was even more interesting, than I assumed. also over time it was surprised that the poker is much more difficult, than I thought.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning the main problem was the leak of understanding how the way I play should be changed depends on my position/stack.

B

blingy07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is the nicest pass time to me anyways. making money from it you say... not so much :)

The biggest surprise I had when knowing poker, was the news that players arcaba with their own expenses and could generate a profession this beautiful game

I believe it is not very easy to start in today's times, but nothing is impossible.

AND YOU?:laugh:[/QUOTE]

Y

Yunyi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LET'S GO! TALK TO US :)

AND YOU?:laugh:

making poker as profession is just beyond me.

What struck me the most was the resemblance between this game and life itself: frivolous, unpredictable, joyful as well as frustrating. lol...

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started playing poker, what really amazed me was the number of players and websites available to play. I had no idea which site I should join and how I should go about learning the game and making money. It is a really wonderful game with a massive following and gets great promotion.

Eventually I settled on pokerstars and Full-tilt with Poker School as my training ground. It has been a wonderful experience so far.

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I starter playing poker I had what people call beginners luck.. So I thought that this is easy money, then I won my first live tourney and I thought that I was a better player then the rest of the local regulars.. But as my luck went a way then I found out the hard way; that poker is not as easy as I thought. So now I'm working on my game and reading more to help my self in all my weakness of my game..!
Good Luck every one..!

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I first started playing online at Pokerstars. The amount of traffic and how much Pokerstars were pulling in through rake and buy-ins stuck out to me the most; that was in 2008.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like poker for the speed of the game. There is no burden.

Crazyrider22

Crazyrider22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I liked it when I was dealt my cards and the excitement about what laid underneath them! I still get that buzz now but not to the same extreme!

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the unpredictability of the game is what initially got me attached. The idea that players can represent certain hands just based on how the community cards fall, as well as the uncertainty of what is to come. L:ater, I became more fascinated with the numbers and the odds, and how deep this game actually is.

Crazyrider22

Crazyrider22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the unpredictability of the game is what initially got me attached. The idea that players can represent certain hands just based on how the community cards fall, as well as the uncertainty of what is to come. L:ater, I became more fascinated with the numbers and the odds, and how deep this game actually is.

Ooh I like this, well said!

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning my main problem was playing too many hands. Nowadays i have others problems lol.

J

jamesbooch

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And the least you know, the more you win

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The speed of the game was my biggest first impression. Much faster online than live.

C

cards

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
number of bad beats and the aggressiveness of the players seems greater than live play

Crazyrider22

Crazyrider22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
number of bad beats and the aggressiveness of the players seems greater than live play

I think this is because of the speed of the game, I can play 300-500 hours an hour depending on how many tables I’m playing and always get a few bad beats because the Fish are playing with silly hands!

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before i played poker i thought the only poker was 5 card draw, Moneymaker won wsop and people i knew started playing home games of holdem. So i was introduced to NL holdem.. my 1st few games were with my brother and his friends and he would bluff more then anyone i ever knew and show the cards so i thought everyone was always bluffing like he was and i would fold if someone bet and i didn't have top pair. Just a damn interesting game.

Crazyrider22

Crazyrider22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before i played poker i thought the only poker was 5 card draw, Moneymaker won WSOP and people i knew started playing home games of holdem. So i was introduced to NL holdem.. my 1st few games were with my brother and his friends and he would bluff more then anyone i ever knew and show the cards so i thought everyone was always bluffing like he was and i would fold if someone bet and i didn't have top pair. Just a damn interesting game.

I’ve never had 2 games the same!

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, everything struck in poker. A lot of different subtleties and tricks. Also the presence of excitement of course and the desire to be the first.

A

akufto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was so long ago that I don’t even remember what struck me in poker, but I can say that I really love this game))