What is the most frustrating thing about poker for you?

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The most frustrating for me is being one of the chip leaders for most of the tourney and when getting near the money, I get so many bad beats that I finish on the bubble.
It happens often.

F

Forkliftgu22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a very frustrating evening the other day busted out of 3 tournaments close to the money within an hour with AA KK and QQ.
Didn’t consider quitting just had a break for a couple of hours to clear my head.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never thought about quitting. But what upsets me the most is the lack of the planned result.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never considered quitting, I'll take a break now and then. It is the same game for everyone, going to find better players.. Not a reason to quit but to dig deeper.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I absolutely can't stand ties/split pots.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can only quit poker when i die :D
You have to be able to tolerate downswings...
I never thought about it before, but I’ll probably play till I die too AND I can see myself “chatting” on Cardschat on my deathbed as well. :):)

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Losing a crucial all-in with a strong hand to a mediocre hand, unbearable.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The most frustrating thing is how much I get dealt premium hands and a jackass comes out and beats me 2-7... :D But it's part of the variance we can do... It's not always the best hand that wins :rolleyes:
This issue is frustrating in that our expectation for our hand is dashed, but a couple of poker icons addressed this event. Doyle said never condemn someone for beating you with a bad hand on a lucky river, because he will be the one who will pay you off chasing another bad hand, and he makes it possible for good players to earn a living. TJ Cloutier said the same thing.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me is luck and trying to resist the urge to gamble, which I should, and play the game instead. But sometimes it's too damn strong and I just gamble instead. Frustrating...

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
There is no need to give up poker, but it is frustrating when you play the right hands and you are eliminated by one who plays 6 4 against you with QQ and eliminates you...

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
you lose with a strong hand after a while of waiting and you lose with a weaker hand.

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most frustrating thing is that 1 hand can change everything when you play tourneys. so much effort and 1 unlucky hand and you are gone.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing all my money due to bad luck, even though I know I played well, and I lost with good hands like AA and K K.

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when players do super wrong, minus actions. and win only on luck 5-10%

R

ruffcut68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The learning curve is a lot steeper than I originally thought. So learning the game is frustrating but playing it is very enjoyable.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It bothers me when I'm in a short-stack tournament and I get top pair and some other player comes with a lot of chips but with a hand like 62 off and beats me with trio, full house, poker. I mean the system favoring the one with the most chips. That annoys me.
but I calm down because just as it has affected me it has also benefited me

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
and you're doing well in a tournament that you're concentrating on and thinking it's going to be the best tournament of your life and out of nowhere you get a bad one in which you wouldn't expect it, thinking you were going to win the hand and fall out of the tournament throwing hours and hours of dedication in the tournament, this makes me much more very angry!

S

silkestud4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People who stall consistantly.

God it annoys me.
Besides losing money. Thats also kind of frustrating 😂
So now i play freerolls and withdraw whatever i win 👍

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, everything in poker pleases me, but it is disappointing, that the governments of many countries unreasonably put various obstacles to this wonderful game!

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I had to hate something about poker it would be the luck that some have to go all in with any type of game while one holds a monster hand and the villain wins the hand, there is nothing that frustrates me more in the world of poker than losing against a trash hand.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
What frustrates me the most is that they give me AA having a good stack and that someone re-raises someone else and I make three bets, they pay that I hit a set and go all in, that they pay me and make me bad beats

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When the enemy opens 92- and beats yours (AA QQ KK JJ TT) and you want to cry (

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Firstly, it was the bads, the unlucky hands. But as I studied I learned that them are part of the game, and more than that, they is why poker is profitable. Nowadays, what I'm more frutrated about is that I got little to no time for improving my game and become a profesional player.