What mistake do you make the most when you play poker?

What mistake do you make the most when you play poker?

• Play too many hands

Votes: 13 14.1%
  • Bet the wrong amount

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Bluff too much

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Play too tight

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Play too predictable

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • other (please list)

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Mistakes? Me? You're kidding right? I'm the best poker player in the WORLD!

Votes: 9 9.8%

• Total voters
rwilson

rwilson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I overvalue top pair an unimproved overpairs. I know I do it and I'm thinking about it when I'm betting but I keep doing it like a moron.

I second that Seany.. especially when i'm tired i fall into the trap of playing top pair to death.. and exactly like you said, as I'm betting it out on the turn or river I know I'm beat but I keep doing it like an idiot.

Other big one of mine is not folding overpairs when I'm 80% sure someone at the table has a higher overpair. Tricky situation but a lot of the time I'll be just about certain that my pocket queens or kings are dominated by another players aces, but I'll call them down on each street anyway.. I'm just stupid sometimes :mad:

Zhol

Zhol

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chasing the flush. I'm horrible. I'll meet the call with A-x suited. 2 of my suit will flop, and it's like crack for me. I know I shouldn't chase, But I always seem to.

nuts422

nuts422

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Underestimating the opponent.

2. Playing while tired, bored and frustrated.

3. Combination of 1 and 2: Finally making top pair in a tournament after 45 minutes of cold deck and find my self outkicked and all in.

MR TOYMAKER

MR TOYMAKER

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tangling with bigger stacks. Not staying with a rush of cards. Example winning three pots in row. Getting dealt marginal hand next and folding it right away, Flop comes a monster that would of done my stack better.

chikiloka

chikiloka

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reraise allin with 9 4 off... and thats very funny...
...Im win with flush vs KK, oooops :eek: :eek: :eek:

chikiloka:p

P

PrinceSheba

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I too often assume big stacks are bluffing just because they can afford it. I also love to play every hand that I can seem to justify as worthy of a limp (not usually too early though).

K

kevsterf65

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker mistakes

I dont bluff often enough, and I dont trust my gut instinct enough, and the crazy thing is my first instinct is usually right, trying to learn to go with them , I believe instinct is almost as valuable as poker knowledge.

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where do I start:mad:

Not Aggressive enough
Play too many hands
Dont bluff enough
Push at the wrong time

The big thing is Ive identified them and am TRYING to correct them:p

FlatTyres

FlatTyres

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I think I fold hands a bit too easily sometimes. :mad:

3cent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest mistake are two of them actually

- play the AK in LP ( not overplay, just play like it should be played) and of course nothing on the board till end and lost usually my stack

- overplay the button

postalram

postalram

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At times I feel I'm having a good game, then when it gets close the money, it seem like everything goes wrong. The Bubble affect is on my mind and kills my game.

Now I've try not to worry less and play to win not just to get in the money.

What happens I have won a few more tournaments then again I'm one of the first ones out, lol

Gotta luv the game of Poker! :)

icecold24k

icecold24k

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play too tight. Especially when it gets near the bubble and i want to place in the money. I get a little nervous and make some stupid decisions sometimes.

G

gtycoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good to see everyone posting the mistakes they make playing poker. Usually all you mostly ever see when you're playing online is people chatting about how bad everyone is when they take a bad beat and how good they are.

BabyShoes

BabyShoes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something I'm really working on is my ego...

I've got to learn that not everyone who re-raises my raise is trying to insult me! :D

G

gott1rott

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I will bet until the river knowing I have the best hand. Then the river hits and I know I am beat because my opponent hit his draw but I pay him off anyway because I feel like I have to see his cards.