What leads to mistakes in poker ?

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good morning ladies and gentleman ! I wonder what lead you wrong in online poker, watching television, staring social networks ...

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually not paying enough attention to the game and of course wrong bets😜.

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played good the first DotA platform Garena and there friends were constantly discussing poker as they play where etc I was not paying attention and I had everything exactly but years later I remembered what was the name of the platform where they played went downloaded and here I am=)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think boredom , if you are not sober , if you play online and multitasking as you mentioned,if you tilt easily and sometimes lack of experience are some of the main factors.

Sometimes you gather information by observing a hand you don't participate. I have notes for some opponents from hands they were playing and I didn't.

The optimum solution is to be fully focused at the table and your opponents.

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frustration is definitely one. If your on tilt it's not good. I also think wrong bet sizes. If you bluff a river with a huge over bet like 50-60% of pot and get shoved on. When a 25-30% pot raise would be just as efficient. Then if they shove you can fold and save some chips.

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play as few tables as possible to focus on the game, review opponents' moves, stay out of the starting hands to see how they behave. I believe this minimizes mistakes.

But variance is something you can not control, unfortunately

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not being fully energized and playing when your too tired to be at your best. Getting enough exercise and eating well are two keys things to make sure your near 100% when your playing.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Lack of concentration is definitely a problem. It happens to me most time, if I have to few or too many tables. Also when I am too tired to play or when I played too long.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically, inattention or not a serious attitude to the game hinders. In addition to this lack of information about the players.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes i think is the time in the game, if you take a break of 15-20 min, you reduce a lot the mistakes u can make.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As soon as you see small couple, you often change it, hoping to catch a set or even carat. There are several problems at a game with such couples in an early position. How often will you collect a set? We specially will not give the answer because you have to know it if you read the previous lessons. Forgot? Then you should return and study this question anew. Here it is also worth noting that we mean a game at a full table. If you play in private, then pocket couple anyway – a good starting hand.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many factors can contribute to mistakes; most are already mentioned...attention, fatigue, wrong frame of mind, impatience, not enough time (to make a comeback if you get down early...dinner?) I find I am reckless when I have 20 minutes before dinner. Sometimes, it is a matter of just a lack of experience.

P

patfreed

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lack of concentration and boredom for me.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually this is more a fatal error.

Truth is agent thinking has many mistakes we can make during a game session.

Many factors can contribute to mistakes; most are already mentioned...attention, fatigue, wrong frame of mind, impatience, not enough time (to make a comeback if you get down early...dinner?) I find I am reckless when I have 20 minutes before dinner. Sometimes, it is a matter of just a lack of experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting a bad beat in a cash game and not being able to get out of the table. I find that when I receive a bad beat I tend to lose more pots after and it kills my bankroll.

Also not paying 100% attention will cause you to make a wrong play or miss a read.

R

rafbam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think boredom , if you are not sober , if you play online and multitasking as you mentioned,if you tilt easily and sometimes lack of experience are some of the main factors.

Sometimes you gather information by observing a hand you don't participate. I have notes for some opponents from hands they were playing and I didn't.

I totaly agree, but you have to choose, boredom or not paying all the atention you're game needs. I also take notes (at pokerstars you can enter them in a file linked with the player) and try not to get bored.

A (good) tip get up during the the pauses; try to get yore mind a bit off the game. And if you notice you're play is getting different (you want to call with no good hand, just for the fun, ...) take a break (sit out for a moment and get up, go outside and take a good deep breath).

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mistake was very committed staring social networks and look at other players playing final tables.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Underestimating Freeroll Player's Carefree Attitude

There are so many freeroll players that will call 'all in' with minimal hands like A 3 offsuit when the flop is rainbow and has no redeeming value. Really sucks that these players often finish way ahead of me, and they didn't learn anything or become better poker players. Guess I expect too much when playing freerolls.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Fast playing,constant raising,too long gaming,looser play ... and not on the last place luck is of a great importance.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
eficiencia no on line

I think patience mix things be concentrated at the tables playing to be well fed and fit and emotional control will give u the best of himself clear that the knowledge of the game helps to get the results
:jd4:mateuspoker

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my mistakes are getting distracted by another website or watching some show thats going on, not paying attention to the tables, and getting tilt when the river helps the other player

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the mistakes in poker .. the truth in my case what I get to make mistakes is to add and not conquer with what I won .. play with sleep and many times do not use the button removed

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon friend! I also like to watch the plays that I'm not involved make player notes how they behave on the table focus on the game's all.

M

midoooo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Start to make mistakes when you try too hard and get tired.Or when you're moved a few times, when you have a strong hand.And then you start to lose your balance.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
a good and correct game of opponents, fatigue, incorrectly chosen limit or tournament, video viewing, including !!!