What keeps you from being profitable at Poker?

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Going all in and trying to bluff donkeys that will make you lose a tournament you got to be patient and you got to know when your beat fold dont keep calling someone cause you think you can beat them got to keep your head together cant be getting frustrated

C

Cardshark17He

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad luck and over confidence to jump all in early

I seem to get hit with the absolute worst luck sometimes

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you know what harms you, or prevents you from being a constant winner in poker?

I believe that knowing this answer is one of the important keys to success in the game.
the other players won't cooperate :eek:

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you know what harms you, or prevents you from being a constant winner in poker?

I believe that knowing this answer is one of the important keys to success in the game.

bankroll management was my #1 problem back in the day, and probably the most common underlying cause of issues for the average player. It's easy to have a losing day, or even week because of other issues, but this shouldn't prevent you from being an overall winning player if you're playing within your bankroll limits.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
I believe myself and will become a successful poker player someday

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just a good bankroll management. that makes me never lose money in poker rooms.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is only one Answer why I am not profitable.....

I don't use any HUD or DATABASE SOFTWARE that reveals my opponents past history and past poker data.

That to me is my biggest reason why I don't win at poker.

You HAVE TO HAVE a EDGE...that software today is really expensive and impressive.

Thank you for listening....

Bluff

:jd4:

R

rhennemcu

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always think positive and determined to win a game.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
freerolls and satelites , is no joke , especially satelites , you should try :)

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

You have to give yourself permission to win. :eek::eek:

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't use any HUD or DATABASE SOFTWARE that reveals my opponents past history and past poker data.

That to me is my biggest reason why I don't win at poker.

You HAVE TO HAVE a EDGE...that software today is really expensive and impressive.

Thank you for listening....

Bluff

:jd4:
'
Analyzing your hands and determine leaks in your game is more beneficial using HUD then stat while grinding during session. The only exception playing more than 6 tables to use a HUD. Otherwise taking good notes would help your play.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What keeps you from being profitable at Poker?
Many players have difficulties even breaking even let alone being able beat the rake of the specific game they have chosen to play.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't follow the basic rules of poker and here I mean the starting hands! I like to play too much and that's why I don't wait until I get good cards to start and I try different variations and that means I lose money on cards that I shouldn't use ... for example, I like the combination 9 - 7, of course it's not a good starting hand but something makes me not throw them and from here others follow and slowly the losses accumulate ...

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Excessive excitement and a state of tilt when bad emotions prevail over a cold mind :jd4::):jd4:

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really profitable 3 things: the psychopath 'watchers', hackers and myself

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, my opinion is that knowing the strong reasons for your failure is half the problem. The question is that understanding this, you cannot always resist the elimination of these reasons. It's easier to always blame everything on a lack of luck.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't have an excuse , I understand some basic strategy but I don't study because I don't care to play against tough competition , I still play those wonderful CC freerolls simultaneously with some micro / low stakes MTTs and I guess I am OK?!?! :D

Since I mostly play large fielded MTTs I know that I am not able to take down very often one of those , the variance is tremendous. MTTs are something like lose - lose - lose- win. The important thing is when you win to cover your loses and generate some profit if possible.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me laziness is the perfect word which stays between me and profit

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably my biggest obstacle is the lack of time for deep learning of the game.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still building a bankroll plus some unpredictable bad luck

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lack of bankroll management. I have a better control of my bank than years ago, but still not the ideal one.

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management is my downfall, I always move up stakes rather then stAy at low limits.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I make an average of $ 40-60 a month. For me, this is a good result, considering that a year ago I was just losing money. Gradually I improve my skills and my results get better.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Losing!