What keeps you from being profitable at Poker?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you know what harms you, or prevents you from being a constant winner in poker?

I believe that knowing this answer is one of the important keys to success in the game.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Do you know what harms you, or prevents you from being a constant winner in poker?

I believe that knowing this answer is one of the important keys to success in the game.

I think you can't always win in poker especially first place. But in general, the thing that always loses me the most is anger and greed.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poor physical condition, sometimes after frequent series of losses, poor psychological condition, in the second case I take a break from the game for several days. Worst of all, when you are constantly physically ill, it is very distracting and interferes with the game.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

I probably know it very well ?!? Do i actually do something to prevent it - absolutely not :cool:

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Nothing prevents me. My bankroll is growing and I am quite happy with my results. The goals I set for myself this year have already been achieved. Of course, my membership in our community helped me a lot.

T

Tiltmode1987

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually do alright as far as making profit playing poker. However, i have a hard time accumulating a big bankroll because of other habits and poor money management.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are no permanent winners.
Although I don't get as much revenue from the game as I would like, I still try to be patient and increase my bankroll step by step. So far, I am satisfied with my results.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips

Luck (variance).

Reminds me of this quote from Jesse May. "Poker is a combination of luck and skill. People think mastering the skill part is hard, but they’re wrong. The trick to poker is mastering the luck."

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker losses are inevitable, and neither you nor any other poker player can change this truth. Besides, it's not up to you to choose which days to win and which days to lose.
Of course, this does not mean that wins or losses depend only on luck and are beyond your control. But this control is far from absolute, and it is measured in much smaller units than "win today" or "lose today".
You have control over a lot of small decisions, from choosing whether to play at all, taking into account your mood, to choosing limits and tables, after which it depends on you how you play each hand and how you finish the session.
Sometimes these solutions together, even if they were almost perfect, will not be able to insure you from losing. Just accept it. Don't let a small loss turn into a big uncontrollable tilt, when you continue to play not the best game, your opponents seem much stronger, and the RNG is clearly not on your side.
There is a term that describes poker players who do not know how to get out on time and are trying in desperate attempts to bring the session at least to zero — losers. Don't be like that.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I had money to put in poker I had very little knowledge and practice, so I lost a little.

Now that I have a tiny better edge I don't have money to invest on it haha.

But what made me loose at first?

The emotional side of poker is super important and the way you see the game also.

In the beginning not only I didn't have much knowledge about the game but I thought I was going to make money easy and fast with it. Looking back I feel bad for the Xtooopiiid earlier version of my poker player self. :D

And its not like it's been long past that period. I'll definitely look back and feel the same a lot of times in the future.

Another part of it is tilt, the "good" and the "bad" tilt. Good tilt I'd say is when you're in a upswing and you think you're invincible and then BAM, you get a reality check at showdown after a river shove finding out a villain trap with low cards set and you thought your two high pairs were the nuts. And the traditional bad tilt that make spill chips away right after the example for the good tilt haha. :eek:

And for last is simply not having study and practice. There's always something to learn about the game and it is always evolving. So not only being unaware of even the most basic concepts of the game will make you loose but also the lack of practice.

L

La reytor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started I did not know anything I learned the most difficult way, and that was my mistake now I live from poker of course I do not have a secure salary but with what I earn I pay the rent and basic services it is a difficult life so I do not earn enough, I'm looking for a big prize to buy my little house, greetings bro:)

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't put the work in to be better.

And sometimes I play for stakes that make me hesitate due to the money involved.

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Variance and bad luck always!!!!
Just kidding, I only play for fun, so I don't really care, if I make Hughe profit or not. But I don't really loose that much, too.

That just for fun attitude prevents me btw from tilting very often

samersv

samersv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
emotions often interfere with me...if you find a way to turn yourself into a robot for a while, the profit will be much more often

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

A lot more study and practice. And do it focused

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I don't spend money on the game. Thanks to our freerolls, I regularly increase my bankroll and that is why I am a profitable player. But I think that if it weren't for freerolls, then it would be difficult for me to achieve the results I have now.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't concentrate and it prevents me from winning.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems to me that being profitable in poker is a very difficult business, but it is achievable! I believe that the main skill in order to be a profitable poker player should be discipline and mental stability, and then everything will work out at a distance, but of course you always need to make the most correct decisions! This is my personal opinion and should not be taken for granted, I am just a beginner in poker and maybe there is still a lot I don’t understand! Good luck to everyone at the tables!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Technically, nothing- because I am profitable at poker..! :)

:party:

Common things that get in the way of players being profitable are:-

• Lack of knowledge/experience.
• Not analysing.
• Bad BRM.
• Tilt.
• Bad game selection.
• Not utilising freerolls.
• Ego.
• Blaming other factors for losses.

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get in my way. I'm too passionate, I can drag a tournament, but then I want more. I lack discipline.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Discipline in my bankroll, without playing out of your bank, it is feasible to play Tournaments or enter Cash tables where your bankroll supports it.

in poker you have to learn to minimize losses and maximize profits when we are on good streaks.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing prevents me. My bankroll is growing and I am quite happy with my results. The goals I set for myself this year have already been achieved. Of course, my membership in our community helped me a lot.

THAT's a Pokerplayer!!! Losses? What is that?