What is IPoker?

F

Fernando2904

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm lost. What is IPoker? This I before the word make this different of poker?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah it's a network of poker sites.

It's also used as a shorthand for "internet poker" in general though. When you hear people talking about an "iPoker bill", particularly in the United States with regard to legislating / legalising online poker, that's more likely the context it's being used in (as opposed to referring specifically to the iPoker site).

F

Fernando2904

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it's a network of poker sites.

It's also used as a shorthand for "internet poker" in general though. When you hear people talking about an "iPoker bill", particularly in the United States with regard to legislating / legalising online poker, that's more likely the context it's being used in (as opposed to referring specifically to the iPoker site).
Oh, now I see better! Thanks!

Fahrenheit451

Fahrenheit451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I-poker sites use common software and share player pool, so that players from different i-poker sites play with one another.
And if you are registered to several i-poker sites you cannot open they'r poker clients simultaneously, otherwise you would be able to play with yourself :D

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All poker sites (or skins) on the ipoker network use the same software, offer exactly the same games and share the same player base up until 2012 there were almost 70 ipoker sites now just 20.