Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I learned several things: to have more patience, to have more concentration, seek alternatives when the situation seems difficult watching opportunities, better manage anxiety and the more important to have discipline

Tinfoilchef

Tinfoilchef

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've learned a number of things. One recent thing that I've been working on is asking myself WHY people are doing what they do. Like Antonio Esfandiari is fond of saying "does the story the other player is telling make sense" (paraphrased)

Fratchen

Fratchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In live-poker I developed good insight into human nature.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned from playing poker is only something that I'm not so quiet peaceful and not nervous as I thought I was))))

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned that poker money - is hard money and you have to work to succeed

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be very patient sometimes.
And that when you need the luck at your side, it will (almost) never be.

efgen

efgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've learned a lot of things. For exemple I learned that I can lose, however strong hands may seem. Therefore cannot be get as many money in poker, as you cannot lose.

T

TargetLion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That only one hiself is responsable for own actiones.

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker has taught me to control my emotions

Meire

Meire

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned to have self-control, which on one hand can not win a championship, but a hand can be eliminated.

C

CSINSC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has taught me:

1. Money is only a tool & it does not automatically mean success or failure.

2. An abundance of $$$ or lack of $ should NEVER change the way I feel about myself or the way I treat others.

3. It comes and goes so quickly, so I cannot rely on it for my self-worth.

tulalukchuk

tulalukchuk

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First thing I learned was patience. Second was emotions don't belong in poker. If you get stressed every time you lose a hand you're more likely to lose on the next one. So many times you see players lose most of their chips and are so pissed they go all-in next hand with rubbish. I've come back several times with less than 100 and reached the bubble.
Third thing I learned is to keep re-learning the first and second. :)

J

jwlaw35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have sure met a lot of people at the tables.. I have learned overall how to be a good sport about winning and losing. Nothing use to get me worse then taking a bad beat and then having to sit through a celebration over the luck lol

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought I knew how to play poker. Until a friend of mine joined a poker team and began to teach me everything he learned, that a month or so. And I learned a lot just this month, to see that changed my game completely. I learned that the variance does exist, and I learned to really play poker.

RogerG2k

RogerG2k

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned to have more smarts have more courage and learn to read the thoughts of the opponent.

K

kaetzchenfg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First: thanks for this nice Post :).

I have learned something about myself. For example that it is easy to offend me :-D. Sometimes some players write very bad things about me in chat and I freak out because of this impoliteness. For this I play with closed chat :-D.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
я узнал кое - что о себе. Например , что это легко оскорбить меня :-D. Иногда некоторые игроки пишут очень плохие вещи обо мне в чате , и я урод из - за этого невежливость. Для этого я играю с закрытыми чата :-D.
Yes, sometimes players do it . I understand that this is a psychological technique to bring me out of balance. Sometimes respond , sometimes just ignore . But Yes, it's unpleasant .

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Yes, sometimes players do it . I understand that this is a psychological technique to bring me out of balance. Sometimes respond , sometimes just ignore . But Yes, it's unpleasant .

K

KGetsPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have learned that patience and logic will generally lead you in the right direction. paying attention to every detail is important.

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with the poker i have learned to lie :D and study the face of the peoples they cant lie to me

J

jmsoffredi92

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Then guys of some time now I've been noticing that already learned a lot more to poker than just the essence of the game itself. I learned things that I brought to my personal life, like how to be more patiente with other peoples, how to have more emotional control in certain situations and other philosophies lives, given that every day we encounter people from different cultures . And i learned other didatic things. I just posted it because I think that poker its a big unverse and is more than only cards that you are in table and I think that like me other peoples learned a lot of thing.

I agree with you poker can give you tools for life in general and not just the game itself