What got you into Poker?

I

insidious96

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The desire to earn money and to relax.:)

J

joelc211

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What got me into poker?

I remember staying up late watching pokerstars live at PCA and always dreamt of playing there and still waiting now!

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
steve childs

well I guess ya gotta start somewhere ole school and love to gamble started at stags playing stud

L

Lexxx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I decided to play poker after quiting studying and working.

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play only for fun too. I took it more seriously when a friend of mine started to play as a job, leaving his university to make money with poker. Since then, I try to read more about poker, and reading about Daniel Negreanu, and watching him on tournaments I decided to study more this mental game.

MasterPeace

MasterPeace

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, good question sir, I play poker since 2009. my first feeroll at PKR i became 14 place winning some 2 dollars.
A friend said lets play some poker online so we did and since then because i won
I saw i can win real money here i continued playing everyday.

A

Andres_0

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Competition

I love playing poker because the strategies that you can use against your rivals. Also beacause trying to understand every behaviour of your opponent give you some kind of skills that improve your game every time you tried it

A

Andres_0

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tips

Where i can learn about equities to aply in my game

M

miley17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started this way - I was 5 :D My parents bought me a computer, then my father started playing poker and backgammon. I watched him and when i was 7 i made my first personal account (of course with my mom's details) and i started officially to play poker :D Its my passion...i just cant exist without that. Still now when i am 18 i am not brainless and dont spend money like poker maniacs :D i play rationally and earn good.

A

Andres_0

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is emotion, passion and competition

mange1234

mange1234

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started playing on ship

I started playing poker onboard Merchant Ships many years ago. there was a game going in the mess hall 24/7.

Those were the days before Texas Holdem.

Mike

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker when I was just a kid with my uncle and his friends. I started playing on line in 2003. My first site was party poker. And since then I probably have downloaded 20 trying to get free money. It was easy back then but didn't take long for them to figure it out. My history with poker has been rocky. Man I would play crazy hours, and my whole family was ready to kill me. I was obsessed with it and would sell everything just to keep playing. I feel sorry for people out there who do the same. But anyway, since I came to CC a little over a year ago, I've got to the point where I don't have to sell everything any longer. I do pretty good.

D

Dartmatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing when a friend at work told me about playing on Absolute Poker with fake money. I played mostly cash games with play money which was horrible practice. I got my play money up close to 1,000,000 and then wondered why my first cash deposit was wiped in 3 days. Maybe it was playing on Absolute Poker. "You Think!":mad:

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After watching Poker After Dark featuring Tom Dwan hehe...

razva_raz94

razva_raz94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing online for play money chips for fun on zynga when i was younger i think. 1 year ago one of my friends came outside with a chips set and we started to play and i started to read alot about poker.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my late hubby. I wanted to learn and be good at it to impress him. Now its a passion

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some 50+ years ago, my mother would play in regular poker games; only 7 card stud at that time. She was very good and usually won. She taught me to play, and I found I could play poker for hours with minimal losses. Playing blackjack could cost me hundreds in minutes.

hufty

hufty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
home game

I got started when I got invited to a home game. These games were NLHE and usually started about 8pm at night and finished at about 4am. At the start of the night most players were cautious but by the end of the night there were huge pots being created as a result of the alcohol setting in and players losing their inhibitions.

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker I learned from a friend and he said that there can be easily won money, so I signed up to PokerStars, it was 7 years ago and started playing, won just did not work, but I was sucked, and I started to play a lot, that's still day play :)

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before long I played on facebook. Then he stopped playing for chips, because they degrade the player and started playing the PokerStars. I play for the money more than a year, has won several multi-table tournaments, and of course winning freerolls from our website))

vezy4iy

vezy4iy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no passion for poker.More of a hobby.

G

galojmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my brother
when he played I sit beside him and learn how to play the main thing that induce me to play is only and only money

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The excitement.
I started with the one-armed bandits, and it was easy money. Now i play in poker