To What Extent Does Luck Play a Role?

Estrategico

Estrategico

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I always hear that poker is not only a game of skill, but also of luck, others say that the game of poker is not just a game of skill, but that fundamental is luck. I want to leave a legacy here, if you don't have cards to play, your skill will hardly help you be victorious, because for me in my opinion poker is 50% quality and also 50% luck. But I want to know from you what do you think ???

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Both of these factors are necessary, but in general I am convinced that the player's skills will always be more important.
Good luck.

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

she thinks you need knowledge and skill and when you need to be able to fold to raise but I think 75 percent of luck is needed for poker if you don't believe think of the river!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
15% skill. 85% luck.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well, I always hear that poker is not only a game of skill, but also of luck, others say that the game of poker is not just a game of skill, but that fundamental is luck. I want to leave a legacy here, if you don't have cards to play, your skill will hardly help you be victorious, because for me in my opinion poker is 50% quality and also 50% luck. But I want to know from you what do you think ???

The big point is this:
If you have a good skill, it doesn't matter your cards or your bord, as you do good person readings.

When you hear that poker is a game of skill it refers to that analysis.

I particularly agree with that reasoning, leaving only 10% of the game to luck in the long run.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At an infinite distance, the influence of luck tends to zero.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Luck is part of the game, but at pokerstars the bad beats are just a joke.
No deck of cards can produce so many bad beats as their computer can.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you look at a single hand or a small sample of hands then the luck factor may ''wins'' 100%.But in poker we talk with Expected Values so if you always play your spots +EV the luck factor won't be anymore the most important factor.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is 70% skill and 30% luck because with the skill you have in the game you will be more of a winning player than a loser and with your skill you will almost always reach ITM in tournaments, now luck if you play a small role in poker as the game has many variables that sometimes we cannot control.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are out of cards but know how yours opponents act, you can still beautiful damage using your position and your image.
and luck will sometimes run out and it is good to be able to count on something more.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I blame algorhythms that somehow decides to eliminate a person by trickery, making it look like luck. Hope that makes sense.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you take a single won tournament, then this is luck and poker at a distance is already mathematics and no luck, if you are, of course, an adequate player)