What emotion do you have when you play poker?

korg86

korg86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is your main emotion when playing poker?:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a challenge to have a mental control and play well, that is the main emotion or feeling that I have when starting the game session, already in the game there are several emotions and I keep them under control to stay focused:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to admit that I get angry every time I lose with AA or KK.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
During the game I feel only positive emotions. The game brings me real pleasure and joy. And I am convinced that it is due to daily meditation.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Worry, regret, excitement, anger, worry, happiness, etc... I experience the full gamut of emotions during a tournament, and I have done a fairly good job of learning how to control them, rather than allowing them to control me. :)

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After having played on poker stars for the past 2 to 3 years since they allowed us "free" Americans back onto the site... I have learned how to handle my emotions properly. I know a lot of people think play-chip poker is useless, but it isn't - the play chips, which obviously have zero real value, is what finally allowed me to conquer my emotions... because why would I ever get angry at something that has no real value? Eventually I realized how stupid it was to get angry over a game that is supposed to be fun!!

So these days, I try to stay on that even keel, I never get too down or too upset, but at the same time I also try to never get too up, too excited about a big hand or a big victory... well, big victories still get a decent fist-pump, I'm not a machine. LOL

But after learning this great game for the past 2 decades... the two emotions I would list for myself are:
1. Fearlessness - aggressive poker is winning poker
2. Positivity - I am entirely confident in my poker skills at the table, mainly by never playing above the level that is proper and correct for my bankroll, I follow the 100 rule which means I divide my current bankroll by 100, and that amount is the maximum buy-in for me. With so little of my bankroll at risk in any one tournament, a real money tournament feels just like play chips to me. It feels exactly the same as when I crush the play chippers on Stars, so I feel the same level of fearlessness and positivity this way. Good luck at the tables!

"In order to live, you must be willing to die." -Amir Vahedi at the 2003 world series of poker
(RIP Amir, I hope you've got a big fat cigar up there in heaven!!)

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Fearlessness - aggressive poker is winning poker
2. Positivity - I am entirely confident in my poker skills at the table, mainly by never playing above the level that is proper and correct for my bankroll, I follow the 100 rule which means I divide my current bankroll by 100, and that amount is the maximum buy-in for me.

" I used to be aggressive because it was all I knew...now i am aggressive because i know it is winning play". Garry Kasparov

positvity is of course essential...thumbs up...bankroll management....i have another philosophy...one should play at the highest stakes that one can beat...ie be a winning player long term. However 'comfort zone' is essential...scared money as we all know, is dead money.

one should have no emotions at all at the table...the natural joy at winning a (big) hand should be put aside as soon as the next hand is on the table. As should the natural downer after losing a hand.

glgl to ya :)

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey.
I know that emotions don't help in the game. To achieve results in poker, you need a neutral state of mind, in this state it is easier to reach the alpha state. And in the alpha state you have a very high chance of winning the tournament.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I win I am joyful and happy, and when I lose I am angry and irritable.:(:)

Threshold2122

Threshold2122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to keep calm as much as possible and not let my emotions run wild as I find it effects my ability to make good decisions in tough spots

Good luck out there

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Several emotions,start with me calm and focused 5 minutes before the tournament then someone calls me 2 minutes after the start and my range of hands increases a lot, at this point i'm not very calm :mad: anymore but i try to stay focused :)

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am the type who tilts after a crushing bad beat. Cannot help it,tried yoga etc.. but nothing works. Thats my major weakness

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. My emotions vary. Sometimes happy, sometimes sleepy or tired, sometimes kind of empty headed like Mcfly.
Dano

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A whole range of emotions from playing poker...It's hard to single out one thing.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it depends of the day. Usually I'm happy playing, but sometimes after bad beats I get angry or I get bored when I'm playing in a slow tournament.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Today negatve emotians are more than possitive.Everything goes wrong.In my account there is no money any more-not my day.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to be calm and patient no matter the hand or the variance. It's hard to break a loss streak, but being patient can give you a second chance.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All of them. Poker is a roller coaster ride. Time to buckle up.

P

pvenditto88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enjoyment/Euphoria/Aggrevation/Confusion...

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Stephen Chidwick is the zen master of poker, if you ever want to watch how one of the best poker players in the world handles their emotions... just watch him, find a video and learn from the best. The dude is an absolute rock, not exciting to watch in many ways, but for those trying to become the best player possible... just watch him play, there's nobody else in the game that impressed me more with their ability to control their emotions. It's boring to watch, I'll warn ya!! But so what. Top notch.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I have some typical emotions that I feel during the game. It is a pleasant euphoria, excitement and admiration. In general, I can say that poker brings me only positive emotions, and regardless of my results, I never feel disappointed.
Good luck.