xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi All,

We post a lot about strategy, b**** about bad beats and donkeys. But what do you truly love about poker that brings you back to the tables?

For me, it is more than one thing. First, I am very competitive. Especially when it comes to games of mental acuity. I love the challenge of figuring out other players and trying to attack their weaknesses and even learning to use their strengths against them.

The other thing I love is that poker gives me an outlet. As most of you who follow my many rambling threads are aware. I am an attorney. I spend my days being a paper ninja and trying to bedazzle judges, juries and prosecutors in court. My profession shares a lot of similarities to poker, that's why you see a lot of top players (David Singer, Maria Ho, ect) that are also lawyers. But, for me, it isn't about how the game and my profession fit together. I play poker to get away from the countless hours of litigation.

I find poker to be both stimulating and relaxing. When I am in a game, it takes my focus away from the deposition that I have to do tomorrow or the crappy offer another lawyer gave me on a case. It's like teleporting to a world where it all comes down to two cards, a chair and someone to play against.

How about everyone else??

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
huge pots

i like to get massive pots as well as taking like 2-4 people out in one hand with the worst possible whole cards lol its a long shot but it does happen and its a very nice surprise when it does

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is the perfect game for me. Skill, luck, causal, social, cards (I love cards), and it has loads of variants which keeps it fresh.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love that thrilling moment when i go all-in and waiting for river card, that moment when everything can happens and when i think that i made a mistake and suddently...
Booom river gets me winning :D
I love that :)

S

Salteballe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is the perfect game for me. Skill, luck, causal, social, cards (I love cards), and it has loads of variants which keeps it fresh.
HAHA, Luck is the most important thing. :icon_thum

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy it because it relaxes me. I'm at a point where I've learnt enough to be able to play a good game. I can watch a movie and play poker. I have a lot of patience so i can sit through a long tournament.

F

FlopGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Catch the moment of my opponent face colour changes from red to blue to white when the river comes :)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love it when the odds hold up, i.e., if you're 70% to win it's nice when you actually do win 70% of the time.

T

twoG1cup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shuffling chips and yelling "One time, baby! One time!" when we go all in preFlop

D

Dianka768

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I'm new here. Maybe somebody can give me some introduction?

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I have to admit, I love games at all. Also other games, but poker is for me the most attracting game when I am at home and have no guests, who play board games with me.

I have a similar sight of view like the TO about poker. It is relaxing after work, but at the same time also challenging. It keeps so interesting as you always can learn something new and improve your game and there is a huge field of competition, what I also like about this game. Of course, I also like the excitement, when it comes to bubble time or last table. Winning in it makes also excited. :)

But I also like the social and psychological aspect of poker. Whereby I have to say the most social aspect you just can find in the Cardschat tourneys as the people like to talk more here during the games, than in some anonymous online tourney.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I love the company of players who sit with me at the same table.

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the challenge of making minute-by-minute decisions, of feeling that head skill is superior to others and clearly being able to make it profitable

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker to relax and have fun doing playing it. Just wish I was more luckier then I am. LOL learned to have patients playing as well that's what I like from poker. the thrill of winning as well is exciting.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I hit a set on the flop.

ReoRekop

ReoRekop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a game in which you use your mind 100% I love having to anticipate movements and succeed

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love the competition.There's no other feeling than to be the last man standing,,,,and you have all the chips. :D

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While for me poker is entertainment.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything . I like everything in poker. I think this sport is thought !! The most important thing in this game is not a single minus. and so much variety of games !!! for every taste !:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like beat the lo on the dirty boards

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi All,

We post a lot about strategy, b**** about bad beats and donkeys. But what do you truly love about poker that brings you back to the tables?

For me, it is more than one thing. First, I am very competitive. Especially when it comes to games of mental acuity. I love the challenge of figuring out other players and trying to attack their weaknesses and even learning to use their strengths against them.

The other thing I love is that poker gives me an outlet. As most of you who follow my many rambling threads are aware. I am an attorney. I spend my days being a paper ninja and trying to bedazzle judges, juries and prosecutors in court. My profession shares a lot of similarities to poker, that's why you see a lot of top players (David Singer, Maria Ho, ect) that are also lawyers. But, for me, it isn't about how the game and my profession fit together. I play poker to get away from the countless hours of litigation.

I find poker to be both stimulating and relaxing. When I am in a game, it takes my focus away from the deposition that I have to do tomorrow or the crappy offer another lawyer gave me on a case. It's like teleporting to a world where it all comes down to two cards, a chair and someone to play against.

How about everyone else??

Haha that all comes down to one word, "Escapism"...

I cant help but imagine SoulGoodMan's face when I see you at the tables now lol

Yes that word reverberates with me also...

What you do for a profession is huge for those people you do it for, I truly admire what you do, I do hope you're successful every day...

Except when you're playing on a table with me lol I think I'm going to have to remind you about work in the morning when ever I see you at my table...!!!

What I LOVE about poker, not only the escape but also the thrill of my luck allowing me a win when it seems I'm done for...

Dodging Bullets

Ш

Шахрухбек

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it for its creativity.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker is a great way to get away from your daily work routine. I often succeed in non-standard ways of solving routine cases thanks to the game of poker. Employees and family members are often surprised by this. And the secret is simple: poker allows you to look at the problem from the outside. And this helps to find the optimal solution.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me, and I always get the pleasure, directly, from the game itself. I think this is a great source of adrenaline and a very useful exercise for the brain.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My victories are in fact something that always brings me pleasure and that is what I love most about in poker.