What Do You Think You Need to Be a More Complete Player?

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my case, I think I lack more patience for the big tournaments. Since many times I find myself leading chip but after a certain time my concentration drops and I get tired. Later in my game I am very happy with the level. But there are always things to learn!

ObiwanJ

ObiwanJ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel that I struggle with knowing when I can get away with being aggressive vs some players and other times knowing when I need to be aggressive to match other players aggression to not be pushed around on the table

L

liviuplayspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to make better folds in Tournaments, i lost so much money because i called in Late game too much with AQ, but i dont want to make it again [emoji28]

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many years of experience in the game-constant training-Reading literature and communication will lead to a good result.You are the creator of your own game story-as they say, everything is in your hands!

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, apparently, and I have such a feature in the game that I lose concentration after a while in the tournament. And, of course, I have a lot of gaps in theory and I hardly analyze the hands after the game.

S

suehtam05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lack discipline in following a strategy. I think i could do better, but sometimes i just call what i know i should fold

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of my biggest problems, is that I try to do too many other online activities at the same time, whether it be multiple tables, or checking e-mail, etc.

Also, I agree that after a few hours, some mental fatigue can set in, especially after a couple of hours, and then you go on a bad stretch of unplayable hands.

Good idea, is to throw cold water on your face, during the breaks, or have some beside you when you're playing.

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to be very good mathematically, have a very good understanding of the basic fundamentals of the game, and have a calm manner that does not allow the ego to take over. You must also observe your players carefully and try to understand their games.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case, I think I lack more patience for the big tournaments. Since many times I find myself leading chip but after a certain time my concentration drops and I get tired. Later in my game I am very happy with the level. But there are always things to learn!

There are plenty things, personally, in my case the important, relevant, the tourney selection and avoid cash games all the time, and sometimes the rebuys, as there are situations, when I can't stand make an other one... things like patiance, useless to mention, as everybody struggles with that time by time, even the most profitable, best players....

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good that you understand that. Work on it. And everything will work out.

P

poker hp635

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be honest, I don't know how to approach the game and what I do in it, so I tried differently and played aggressively and only on a good card, and to be honest, the result is the same as continuing to play, and I sometimes do not know just lucky and for such an approach is not required

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have a bigger bankroll to be able to enter more tournaments and improve my level.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I agree with you. Being patient is sometimes very difficult, but I also believe that patience is the key skill for long-term success.
Good luck and be patient.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bankroll and time. I have to work to take care of myself and my son. But been working hard to save money to use for myself when the time is right to play seriously. I know I have the skill luck and patience. I just need time.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
One of my biggest problems, is that I try to do too many other online activities at the same time, whether it be multiple tables, or checking e-mail, etc.

Also, I agree that after a few hours, some mental fatigue can set in, especially after a couple of hours, and then you go on a bad stretch of unplayable hands.

Good idea, is to throw cold water on your face, during the breaks, or have some beside you when you're playing.

A face re fresh is a great idea!! I'm gonna give it a go. I think concentration is a big factor for most people. Last nights pokerstars freeroll was a prime example, I'd been pretty solid all the way through, maybe only 1 or 2 small 'mistakes' reached the money places, relaxed a touch, went all in with 22, got called with AQ, Q hits and I'm gone.

It wasn't a completely bad move, maybe someone will tell me it was, :eek: to try to get aggressive and go further in the tourney, but I had another couple of rounds in my stack to maybe hit a better opportunity, and of course I didn't go further!!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Obviously, patience is a very important skill that directly affects our results. That is why I have become a member of our community and try to patiently learn, develop and step by step improve my skills.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A face re fresh is a great idea!! I'm gonna give it a go. I think concentration is a big factor for most people. Last nights pokerstars freeroll was a prime example, I'd been pretty solid all the way through, maybe only 1 or 2 small 'mistakes' reached the money places, relaxed a touch, went all in with 22, got called with AQ, Q hits and I'm gone.

It wasn't a completely bad move, maybe someone will tell me it was, :eek: to try to get aggressive and go further in the tourney, but I had another couple of rounds in my stack to maybe hit a better opportunity, and of course I didn't go further!!

It helps keep me alert. I hope it can work for you.

E

Elfina777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To become a full-fledged poker player, you need to play 6-7 hours a day, listen to your intuition, not be afraid of anything in emergency situations on the hands and sometimes use bluff in the game.

kirkham69er

kirkham69er

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like i am lacking, discipline and i lose concentration after a while, i am easily distracted and i also struggle as someone else mentioned, with making agressive plays against the correct players... for example, i will reshove someones check raise thinking they are at it, when they flop a set or 2 pair or ill fold thinking they are strong then i see they were bluffing alot later on.... i cant seem to win at the moment and i struggle with understanding poker tracker and the notes etc... wish i had a mentor i could talk to on a regular basis and discuss these points with.. :)