what do you think poker players are sportsmen or gamblers???

D

dvofame

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
gamblin

i play poker for a living. I consider it what it is. A form of gambling. You need to keep the truth in mind or you will fail

W

Whiterosemov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I was winning millions of dollars a year playing a game, you could call me anything, even "Wothless Piece of Shit" that I would still be VERY proud of myself

hahahha

just a silly joke

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They certainly aren't star athletes, but the good poker players aren't loose gamblers.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd love to classify poker as a sport (and myself as a sportsmen haha!) but let's be honest - it's a game. Gambling can never be called a sport.

M

mrbassboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gamblers. They don't do sports so then I don't think they're sportsmen.

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha. You could answer yourself if you spend more time playing online. Live its other thing.
In online poker rooms you could see alot of bad words and stuff. But the thing that im very surprised of is that, when you steal blinds and somehow play smarter than them, you are playing bingo and other games of that kind.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
after the game, I feel tired so most sports !!! although the sport for the brain - like chess !!!

Alex Batista

Alex Batista

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe the two are, but are more sports than players. For tournaments like wsop and others require a level of very rigorous training to endure the time sitting at a desk and mater the level of sharp reasoning.

M

MinProMin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course Gamblers!

It`s hard to call sport, when you go all-in with couple Aces and opponent answer with 9-2 and beat you. It`s even more sad as it happens every tournament =)
So no sport, only gambling, the same as playing lottery.
Totally other thing is playing alive poker with real people surrounding you. That might be more sport already =)

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker players are gamblers, imho. Any kind of games without exercise is not a sport, i think.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Gamblers

No question we are gamblers! remember the country song. No exercise here other than opening the wallet! :D

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolute nonsense calling poker a sport. It is a GAME and to call it anything other than that borgers on the delusional

RogerG2k

RogerG2k

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think some are and balanced players are other sportsman.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sportsmen, for the simple reason that the skill involved to be successful is no different than the skill in other recognized sports.

T

thalessamuel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opnion, exist gamblers and sportsmen.
Exist players who your pleasure is betting all the time, don't need rest and nothing.
And exist players who take this game a job, taking a rest, studying, and improving all the time.
For me this is the diference between gamblers and sportsmen.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling