what do you think poker players are sportsmen or gamblers???

K

Kristi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In sports, there is a passion to win. In any sport there is a risk of losing. Therefore the poker game more athletic than not

S

Streethawk71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is everything included within the Olympics a sport? If so, why do they call it the "Olympic Games"?
I'm told archery is definitely a sport, but why is darts any different? Both are games where you stand still and launch something at a target, winning through superior mental composure to maintain your aim and accuracy.
I've had the sport/game debate with people for years and nobody has ever identified a criterion that definitively seperates the two - (for example, does a sport need a minimum level of physical exertion - that's a whole can of worms).
The only reasonable conclusion that we've reached is that deciding what is a game and what is a sport is academic as long as you're enjoying it.
But some people insist on categorising everything, even music:- does a certain song fall under rock or metal or thrash or grunge? Who gives a toss who calls it what as long as it makes you bounce about?

G

galojmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we all are playing game there some players are doing bluff and try to earn fast I think they all are fake or gamblers one who is real player is always use his or her mind and also fold good cards

KERAPUTIH

KERAPUTIH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, i would like to say poker player is both sportsman and gambler. An player called sportsman when they playing poker in tournament/event and an player called gambler when they playing poker in cash game(not event).

When a games turned into tournament is called a sports which is theres a contestant, price, thropy, official, event organizer, audiens, news, media, sponsor, etc. And everyone who participate have common goals to be a champions.

But how about cash game ? can you find the audiens ? sponsor? thropy for the winner ?. its called games for gambler. the common goal is for take $ from another players.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I can say pOker player is a sportsman only when poker player is involved in sport (not poker! I mean active actions: football, tennis etc) ! Like Nadal foR exampl. But when you sitting near pc all day long what kind of sportsman you are? Is reading books and learning im college is a sport, nope,

KERAPUTIH

KERAPUTIH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can say pOker player is a sportsman only when poker player is involved in sport (not poker! I mean active actions: football, tennis etc) ! Like Nadal foR exampl. But when you sitting near pc all day long what kind of sportsman you are? Is reading books and learning im college is a sport, nope,

A kind of E-Sportsman. for those who sittng near pc all day long. :D, (just kidding)
Yeah i know my friends, this topic is still debatable for now. The true is Poker is just a game , i do little research about " Poker is sport " theres no judicial review who said Poker is sport.

I hope in future,Poker is not only just a games, but its SPORT.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I hope in future,Poker is not only just a games, but its SPORT.

Maybe! I dont write that it isnt a sport at all, it was just my opinion, and for me it isnt a sport. Poker can be like gambling/sport/intell.game. but it doesnt change the rules of this ... hmmm .. game! :)

maikl2602KML

maikl2602KML

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first player is a poker player , and in the second sporttsmen because it needs to be in good shape , because when you play poker long this takes strength , and without rest , and forces a good game budet.Nu not always be in good shape .

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gamblers one and all. Some are smart gamblers, some not too smart

adamovic

adamovic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker players are like chess players its not a sport but its take energy like in others sports .

D

Dima666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is no worse than games like Dota 2 and others, and they are considered to eSports, so poker as sport should be considered, and we all go out athletes) who is an amateur who is a professional :)

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that more athletes than just the players, this is certainly the case if we play carefully analyzing what is happening at the table, as well as analyzing their mistakes and try as much as possible to exclude them in the future

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that poker more gemblets as sport but who know may be in future poker can be official sport game

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I read every post and still I don't get it how is it possible for sb to consider poker a sport activity . Should we include it in the Olympics as well ?Come on... Poker is just a mental game where you gamble all the time following mathematic laws and statistic principles. Game yes ,sport no way sir...:rolleyes:

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't you guys think that even every game is depend on luck somewhere.. If yes then why poker is gambling?

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is sportman because you need training, physical conditioning, if you don't have that you won't be able to win big prizes that profissionals are prepared to, about the luck, every sport luck has an important factor, some more some less.

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament poker is a sport. Its basis is a struggle for gaming chips. The tournament winner, pay the prize, as in any sport. Those who don't understand the strategy of this game, mistakenly say that it's a gamble. Poker is so arranged that its essence is the struggle for the Bank on the Board. So compete and good luck !

B

Bandolero

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play with money by definition you're a gambler

Skatoosh

Skatoosh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that poker players are something between sportsmen and gamblers. You need to practice and play a lot to become a good poker player and there are tournaments that are on high national level so in that view it is something like sport, but also poker players are gamblers, so in conclusion it is a gambling sport.

I agree with this.

It's a sport with a substantially larger contribution from luck than other sports. Not so much that it's gambling. Not so little that it's a real sport.

Also the larger the timeframe you look at the more like a sport it becomes.. Meaning in one tournament the best players may not even make final table. But their all time stats would be better than the less skilled players that made final table in that tournament.

R

RobertCooperIII

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest poker is a sport because of the endurance, physical, mental, and emotional toll it can be on your body. You see Daniel and a lot of the pros getting up stretching walking around just to loosen up while they are playing plus the number of hours you have to put in just to be able to read people, and deciper whether or not they are bluffing or actually betting a good hand. The same thing you do in any competitive sport trying to figure out your oppenents next move. Chess is considered a sport and that's probably one the toughest mental games you can play.

B

Birdman33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most are both but all are 1 or the other

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think they are sportsmen due to the high level of stress and physical wear, complexity of decisions. Not to mention that shooting is olympic sport, archery... hehehehh

XSCREAMMANX

XSCREAMMANX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

They are both sportsmen and gamblers

sportmen=play for the skillfactor
gamblers= play for the luckfactor ( usually the ones that we want at are tables to donk there chips off to us.....lol ):deal:

leandrette

leandrette

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know how to define poker for everyone, if I practice it as a game, where you try to improve,
maybe you can live like a game or a sport .

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling