What do you think of the player who makes Slow Roll, in poker?

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I usually use the slow roll, sometimes where my mind is already tired and I need to take a break knowing that it is a hand that I am going to pay yes or yes, also when I am playing many tables And I have many decisions to make, and the one you say is a cooler and there is not much to think about there

Mogulkahn

Mogulkahn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I probably (politely) advise them to suck a lemon :unsure:

That kind of players have more than enough deserved it and i also saw someone like that ^ in today's cc game but in stars ...
That was you! When i lose a pair QQ vs yours 5-4o.

I will not forgive you for this :ROFLMAO::devilish:

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is a great tool that poker has and the player who knows how to use it becomes a great weapon to use at the tables.

Mogulkahn

Mogulkahn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
That's how I mentioned the anger was not because I lost my hand, because I know bed beats happen all the time in online poker, but what made me angry was the time the villain took, I felt like he was making fun of me .
After a couple of days you will forget it.

But who knows him, maybe he was making a fun what he do :ROFLMAO::unsure: Anyway its a past... I make notes in such situations and the next time im smash that sh*t :cool:

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Sorry mate but I think there is no problem at all with that hand.Each player can use their timebank as as they want.Nothing to complain about because your opponent just found the best opportunity to win a good pot and made you think his hand was weak.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely get angry in poker, because I know bad beats are going to happen.
But there's one thing that makes me angry, is when the player does Slow Roll on the table.
For those who don't know, Slow Roll is when the player has a very strong hand and is thinking for a long time, to annoy the opponent.
This happened to me today playing the CC $100 freeroll at 888, I had a pair of KKs, in MP2, it came to me in fold, I reraised 3bb, the action hit the button, and villain thought for a long time and went all- in, the rest of the table folded, and the action came back to me, and I had 19.7bb behind, and of course I called the all-in, and villain showed a pair of AA, on the 866 flop, on the tuner 6 and on the river 6.
I wasn't that angry about losing the hand, but I was very angry about the villain's lack of sportsmanship, I think there's no need to do something like that, I consider everyone here at Cardschat as great poker partners, I don't think I'm better than anyone, but one thing I don't tolerate is this lack of sportsmanship.
I would even like to apologize to this player, because at the time of anger I threw some tomatoes at him, in reprisal for his attitude and not for having won the hand.
As I said I consider everyone here at Cardaschat as a big poker family, who are always ready to help each other in various situations, but please don't do that, what this player did is very ugly.
I apologize if I exaggerated my outburst, but I needed to speak up.
Thank you Cesar.:mad:
It happens. He was just baiting you in hopes that you would go all in . It worked

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Maybe he was multi table? Sometimes my plays seems like slow rolls but i multi table. If not the case, not cool at all.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While perhaps we will never know the reasons why people play slow or why on that particular moment during your hand they were seeming to slow play. For myself, I never think too much about the time people use in online poker; Could be lag, could be that they are playing many tables or it could be their strategy. If they were slow playing that does not seem very sportsman like. I don’t think you should worry about or think any further on throwing the rotten tomato :).

Last edited:
N

nestor oscar marchiorre

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely get angry at poker, because I know there are going to be bad times.
But there is one thing that annoys me, and that is when the player does Slow Roll on the table.
For those who don't know, Slow Roll is when the player has a very strong hand and is thinking for a long time about annoying the opponent.
This happened to me today playing the CC $100 freeroll in 888, I had a couple of KKs, in MP2, it came in a fold, I went up 3bb, the action pressed the button, and the villain thought for a long time and everything went away - in, the rest of the table retired, and the stock returned to me, and I had 19.7bb behind me, and of course I paid the all-in, and the Villano showed a pair of AA, on the flop of 866, on tuner 6 and on river 6.
I wasn't so angry about losing my hand, but I was very angry at the villain's lack of sportsmanship, I think there's no need to do something like that, I consider everyone here at Cardschat to be great poker partners, I don't think I'm better than anyone else, but one thing I can't tolerate is this lack of sportsmanship.
I would even like to apologize to this player, because at the moment of anger I threw some tomatoes at him, in retaliation for his attitude and not for winning the hand.
As I said, I consider everyone here at Cardaschat to be a big poker family, who are always ready to help each other in various situations, but please don't do that, what this player did is very ugly.
I apologize if I exaggerated my outburst, but I needed to talk.
Thank you Cesar. :angry:
It also bothers me but we have to put up with them unfortunately

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The opponent couldn't know your cards, so only if you went all-in initially, and he thought about calling for a long time, then could you blame him.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think it's just a stupid player if he thought so long his hand could be revealed

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's funny, as long as it's not done to me. I don't do it to other players. You go from the high of winning the hand to the low low of losing in a flash. Revenge is sweet however.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I've gotta agree with the majority of replies here.

The opponent wasn't last to act, so to me that automatically disqualifies it from being a slowroll. Sounds like they just wanted you to think they had a decision with a middle pair or something like that.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well.. it really depends on the situation.. if it's just an easy kill situation I find it awful but there are those moments when you know you nailed the vilain but needs to get into his mind.. it may be used as strategy..

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
in the pass I will get very angry on ...but now I really dont care what the players do , as long I am carefull about my actions Ș)

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Sometimes the player is playing on several tables at the same time and doesn't do it on purpose, sometimes he is doing something and doesn't react at the right moment

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One of its limitations is thinking a lot about what the villain should or shouldn't do.

Don't try to make him think like you, that will never happen.

Once you understand this, things will get better.

Now regarding the response delay, don't judge, maybe he's thinking about the action, maybe he didn't realize it's his turn, maybe he has 20 tables open (have you seen how long it takes to answer all of them?)... so it's a lot energy wasted unnecessarily.

Control your feelings, so you will better absorb situations at the tables and know that a cooler is part of it.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that slow roll is not always special bad move. It can be also a result of emotions of other player. Yes it sometimes seems like something very strange and make me angry but if i play tournament i understand that my emotions have to be calm if i want to make a deep run.

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It was good but not anymore. Go for your good hands!

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely get angry in poker, because I know bad beats are going to happen.
But there's one thing that makes me angry, is when the player does Slow Roll on the table.
For those who don't know, Slow Roll is when the player has a very strong hand and is thinking for a long time, to annoy the opponent.
This happened to me today playing the CC $100 freeroll at 888, I had a pair of KKs, in MP2, it came to me in fold, I reraised 3bb, the action hit the button, and villain thought for a long time and went all- in, the rest of the table folded, and the action came back to me, and I had 19.7bb behind, and of course I called the all-in, and villain showed a pair of AA, on the 866 flop, on the tuner 6 and on the river 6.
I wasn't that angry about losing the hand, but I was very angry about the villain's lack of sportsmanship, I think there's no need to do something like that, I consider everyone here at Cardschat as great poker partners, I don't think I'm better than anyone, but one thing I don't tolerate is this lack of sportsmanship.
I would even like to apologize to this player, because at the time of anger I threw some tomatoes at him, in reprisal for his attitude and not for having won the hand.
As I said I consider everyone here at Cardaschat as a big poker family, who are always ready to help each other in various situations, but please don't do that, what this player did is very ugly.
I apologize if I exaggerated my outburst, but I needed to speak up.
Thank you Cesar.:mad:
What you describe here was not a slow roll. You were not all-in already and he was not the last one to act in the hand. So it's not a slowroll.

He had other players still to act and he was only in front of a re-raise.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
It's really annoying to waste time when you know you're going to end up inside. That only makes the opponent angry. But I think that as long as it's within the allowed range you can't do anything.