What do you think of the player who makes Slow Roll, in poker?

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I rarely get angry in poker, because I know bad beats are going to happen.
But there's one thing that makes me angry, is when the player does Slow Roll on the table.
For those who don't know, Slow Roll is when the player has a very strong hand and is thinking for a long time, to annoy the opponent.
This happened to me today playing the CC $100 freeroll at 888, I had a pair of KKs, in MP2, it came to me in fold, I reraised 3bb, the action hit the button, and villain thought for a long time and went all- in, the rest of the table folded, and the action came back to me, and I had 19.7bb behind, and of course I called the all-in, and villain showed a pair of AA, on the 866 flop, on the tuner 6 and on the river 6.
I wasn't that angry about losing the hand, but I was very angry about the villain's lack of sportsmanship, I think there's no need to do something like that, I consider everyone here at Cardschat as great poker partners, I don't think I'm better than anyone, but one thing I don't tolerate is this lack of sportsmanship.
I would even like to apologize to this player, because at the time of anger I threw some tomatoes at him, in reprisal for his attitude and not for having won the hand.
As I said I consider everyone here at Cardaschat as a big poker family, who are always ready to help each other in various situations, but please don't do that, what this player did is very ugly.
I apologize if I exaggerated my outburst, but I needed to speak up.
Thank you Cesar.:mad:

Mogulkahn

Mogulkahn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
ohhhhh cmon, your was angry when your losing KK vs AA ? Im think i will be create a new theme how i losing on CC freeroll.

Today im was crushed QQ vs 5-4o that is a insane card dealth!

Take a little proof how i sucked on cc freeroll on mtt mirco game situation is too the same. :poop:

Attachments

• photo_2022-09-18_23-50-08.jpg
    photo_2022-09-18_23-50-08.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 8
Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Well you never know why people take some time.

Maybe he was playing at several tables, shortly away from his computer or indeed he thought if he should shove or not and thinking if you'd make the call or not to maximize his value.

I doubt people do it to annoy others. 🙂

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I probably (politely) advise them to suck a lemon :unsure:

That kind of players have more than enough deserved it and i also saw someone like that ^ in today's cc game but in stars ...

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well you never know why people take some time.

Maybe he was playing at several tables, shortly away from his computer or indeed he thought if he should shove or not and thinking if you'd make the call or not to maximize his value.

I doubt people do it to annoy others. 🙂
I don't believe this hypothesis, as I always had my eye on the table, and in all other hands villain made his decisions quickly, and why wait so long to go all-in if villain only had 17.6bb, in this situation there's no what to think, most of the time players go all-in for less than that, even more so in freerolls.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with you Gritz, I'm against it, sometimes I can think a little to play, but without abusing or running out of time, I consider it a humiliation, today I lost very fast at 888, I was playing in other tournaments and ended up betting where I shouldn't and folding where I should bet.
this could have happened to your opponent, being at another table or tables

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Don't think ive come accrosd it much but would prob be annoyed if i did

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
ohhhhh cmon, your was angry when your losing KK vs AA ? Im think i will be create a new theme how i losing on CC freeroll.

Today im was crushed QQ vs 5-4o that is a insane card dealth!

Take a little proof how i sucked on cc freeroll on mtt mirco game situation is too the same. :poop:
That's how I mentioned the anger was not because I lost my hand, because I know bed beats happen all the time in online poker, but what made me angry was the time the villain took, I felt like he was making fun of me .

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your opponent did not slowroll you. A slowroll could only take place if he would be last to act and he knows that he is calling the allin. In this situation the action is on him but he is not last to act. Also he does not know that you have KK. He simply used his timebank to the maximum to look weak and thats it.

Do i like it? No but its to each player their own how they use their timebank unfortunately.

And also what Andyreas said.

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I can't see why this upset you. Your Villain was trying to look weak and hoping you would call his shove.
What do you mean, I opened a 3bb reraise and got 19bb behind, what's the chance of me folding, because I'm showing that I have a strong hand.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
haha It's good to read other rants!
I feel the same way... sometimes he could also really be wondering if he would call or not... but as we know human beings, that probably wasn't it. lol

I get much annoyed with slowplay. That really freaks me out! hahahaha

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hey Gritz was it possible he was trying to sucker others at your table into playing the hand. I will do that in the right circumstances. But if I am last to make a move I would never do that..... ??

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
But there's one thing that makes me angry, is when the player does Slow Roll on the table.
For those who don't know, Slow Roll is when the player has a very strong hand and is thinking for a long time, to annoy the opponent.
This happened to me today playing the CC $100 freeroll at 888, I had a pair of KKs, in MP2, it came to me in fold, I reraised 3bb, the action hit the button, and villain thought for a long time and went all- in, the rest of the table folded, and the action came back to me, and I had 19.7bb behind, and of course I called the all-in, and villain showed a pair of AA, on the 866 flop, on the tuner 6 and on the river 6.
I wasn't that angry about losing the hand, but I was very angry about the villain's lack of sportsmanship, I think there's no need to do something like that, I consider everyone here at Cardschat as great poker partners, I don't think I'm better than anyone, but one thing I don't tolerate is this lack of sportsmanship.
I would even like to apologize to this player, because at the time of anger I threw some tomatoes at him, in reprisal for his attitude and not for having won the hand.
As I said I consider everyone here at Cardaschat as a big poker family, who are always ready to help each other in various situations, but please don't do that, what this player did is very ugly.
slow playing most times runs you into trouble, ive slow played hands before and then payed the ultimate price, on a dry board

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes i don't intend to do it but i play a lot pf tables at the same time

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not give much importance to that, because if you take importance you will burn yourself, the important thing is to always be focused on your game and give the best of you, the rest should not matter, what you should always take note of your opponents to be able to adapt it to your strategies.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey Cesar
According to me , the player used the time to play mind games.
That’s all I read from the hand.
I also would do that to make the opponent think I am weak.
No offense Warrior
It’s my honest opinion.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother Cesar how are you
Well I see that you are angry about the situation but in the end there are so many situations to get angry every day in poker that we could write a glossary, so I think you take it easy so you don't get a heart attack.
In reference to the Slow Roll look I know of people even Pro who do it, what's more there are videos on you tube that are playing at home and filming and even laugh at the situation.
In truth, it does not seem like a good thing to me to do, as you say, I also believe in sportsmanship and in general the players have things clear when playing. I'm not saying that you can't wait half a bar of time with AA but from there to making you wait like an idiot that's already having a bad attitude.
At least I don't do that.
If it has happened to me in those situations that the internet has been cut off at the moment which is truly exasperating and I have to start resetting the modem setup to see if I recover it and sometimes I get there just to throw all in, but on purpose I do Slow Roll I never do.
But in the Freerolls you find every brother, to me, more than the slow rolls, the BINGO players bore me, since there are many in freerolls, in low-cost tournaments and especially in low cash tables.
Well brother I hope your anger goes away, rest well and tomorrow will be another blessed day where you will recover for sure
Greets and a hug :cool::cool::cool:(y)(y)(y)

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's war. Everything is allowed. I find it funny. It's more funny at live games.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that slow roll is not always a bad move. The player can just doesn't understand his hand's power. Or it can be a part of the style in this game. If your last chips in the bank and you are very nervous it's not a blame of other players, It's just your condition right now.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
You shouldn't be bothered by slow roll, he played his game.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It kills me. Fell like I'm gonna hit him in the face

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, poker is a mental game, I think it's valid for the villain to use any strategy to get other players out of their comfort zone, there is a very good player in the cash game who usually donk bets in some situations that have strong hands and sometimes he bluffs and says that the villain is going to check- Raise and hit and win a lot with that play. I had never thought of making plays that are usually done by recreational players to disguise the strength of my hand, but in poker I think everything is strategic that aims to obtain more valid profits. In poker, the only thing that affects me is playing too many tables and taking bad bets in a row.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It is becoming less frequent I think for another player to intentionally slow roll calling with or, showing the nutz. Sometimes players don't know their holding as the nutz so that's ok by me. Some players have like the 2nd or third nutz and are slow to call the river bet - don't like this one as much because, like, were you really ever folding here?

CaptainMooti

CaptainMooti

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeez mate, that was not a slowroll, that was a classic Aces trap. It would be a slowroll if the last action was on him and he took forever to call with Aces.