What Do You Think About Poker on Twitch?

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that if you have free time, you should definitely watch broadcasts of strong players, but ONLY your limits! I am completely sure that the game at different limits is quite different and you have to take this into account!

T

tcummo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
twitch is great, I love it...great for poker...and Bob Ross marathons at the weekend ... :)

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Streaming poker on Twitch can only provide an opportunity to look at the work done on the game and its implementation in real time.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I believe that if you have free time, you should definitely watch broadcasts of strong players, but ONLY your limits! I am completely sure that the game at different limits is quite different and you have to take this into account!

Never been on Twitch. Live is too short to surf all these video and similar sites.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker On Twitch - the skinny

I think it can be very useful, for example, I always look at poker rooms and poker players while playing poker :):angel::angel::angel::angel::eek:

I have watched poker on Twitch for some considerable time now and can offer a balanced viewpoint - twitch has become a medium for professionals to gain followers and subscribers and therefore more money from their affiliates especially if they are sponsored, that said, if you are an aspiring professional player - it really does help if you play at the higher level stakes as certain pros give away really good advice and tips through their gameplay.

Good Pros who provide valuable content

Examples of really good pros to follow - Kevin Martin/Jaime Staples and Lex Veldhuis to name but a few.

What to watch out for?

Pros who push their affiliates and poker learning packages too much on stream - for example, i can think of one or two pros who push BBZ poker way too much because its their thing, now i can see why they do it and thats cool but it needs to be tempered with the reason why they are on twitch in the first place.

Keep an eye out for up and coming players, there are some really good players who have recently been signed up and are the future of poker - Eklo is a good one on 888 for example and also Croaks who is often on Spraggys channel.

Last Note

It might be worth checking out if any Cardschat players/Pros stream on twitch and give them a view...

If you have any further recommendations - why not pop a note in this very good thread?

vonabruch

vonabruch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I subscribe to several professional streamers who play tournaments and comment on their actions, hold open trainings and so on, very often they raffle tickets or access codes to various tournaments or to expensive satellites among spectators.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, Poker on Twitch this is another good advertising and promotion...of Poker! :cool:
That's all! :) Not more and not less. :deal:;)

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I don't use Twitch. In fact, I don't think that this platform is much different from the others. But I can say that I like to watch the game of professionals and how they reflect on their actions - it's interesting.:cool:

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never been on Twitch. i watch videos on YouTube

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to watch strong players play. It's useful.

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't often watch Twich streams, but sometimes streamers host home games on Twich, some of which I even participated in.