What Do You Think About Poker on Twitch?

martinlgs

martinlgs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is a wonderful platform, I am looking forward to creating my own channel, but I would do it for short S&G and tournament with few players, so that the streaming time is not so long

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found out, that many streamers are just lucky. Shoving AQo and nobody has KK (which always happens in my case) or middle pairs and NOONE gets a straight or flush with one card only. I prefer watching school vids on youtube.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To see and learn how they play poker.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me, there is very little useful information on twitch.Twitch is good only for streamers, to get money on views

B

benrasberry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say it's fun to watch poker on twitch. Sometimes you learn something, but usually it's just for entertainment. I don't consider watching twitch 'studying'.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Can't watch these dudes longer than half an hour before the urge to play Poker by myself becomes irresistible.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to watch Twitch poker everyday when it first started. Most of the people that I watch are no longer there. Back then, you could learn a lot. It was a small community, and the streamer would dive deep into your questions. Now, it's big names trying to sell a course so not the same interaction in my opinion. With that said, being exposed to that many hands and seeing how they play their whole cards can be helpful. You just have to actively watch and think vs being passive about learning.

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Twitch is great for watching and interacting with high quality content and even learning from it.

B

Beniciokgm

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everything that helps to evolve in poker for free is very good and now we have to choose live that help us

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's good to learn from other good players

S

Schijtlijster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting thought....I have been wondering if I could start up something like that too. I wonder if anyone would look at it. Probably for fun, since my skills are not that good, lol!!!!! But yes....poker on Twitch, why not?

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is great because that way you can learn poker from a lot of professional people.

RumDrumSkinTin

RumDrumSkinTin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Who to watch

I don't watch much poker on twitch but I've seen a lot of stream of a player just clicking away at multiple tables.
As a new player, are there any streamers that are entertaining or educational for a guy to check out?

D

Dannyzandro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I spend a lot of time on twitch watching poker amongst a lot of other things. I am not a big fan of watching people play online poker tho, so I mostly watch whatever rerun of some former pokerstars game or high limit game is streaming.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think anything, poker is like poker, it’s impossible to watch half of the many poker streamers:)

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't watch much poker on twitch but I've seen a lot of stream of a player just clicking away at multiple tables.
As a new player, are there any streamers that are entertaining or educational for a guy to check out?

if you watch gripsed and accumulate 25000 channel points he will email you his poker starter books. also wednesday you can play against other cardschat members in 1.65 acr homegame on ribbybruno's stream twitch.tv/ribbybruno

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can be very useful, for example, I always look at poker rooms and poker players while playing poker :):angel::angel::angel::angel::eek:
I really enjoy watching good players on twitch, especially if they comment on their actions in detail, it's like a free tutorial! It seems to me that watching poker broadcasts is very useful for beginners, they will clearly see how to play correctly! Good luck at the tables!

018smitty

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is great to be able to watch and learn.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it can be very useful, for example, I always look at poker rooms and poker players while playing poker :):angel::angel::angel::angel::eek:

Poker on Twitch is great. I wish I was a younger man, I have heard that if you can put in decent volume and work with some poker sites it is possible to make about $1500 USD per month. Now, I do not know what you need to do to reach that level, I would have given it a shot, except I don't think a grumpy 50+ year old guy will attract a big audience. (HaHa). IF I was a young man, I would have to at least take a shot, I mean, you are going to put the hours in playing, why not throw up a camera and attempt to talk and play at the same time?? If it does not work, Oh well, nothing lost really.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Very fun to watch and also is a good tool for learning from other players

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big time home games. It's super fun!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Quite a few Live streamers on Twitch are professional players, in fact G.J.Reggie, Benjamin Spragg (Spraggy) and Lex Veldhuis are all on Pokerstars team and are sponsored players, Lex used to be on the T.V. Poker shows like The Big Game and Late Night Poker.
So they are a mine of information and when asked will respond to many of their viewers, about specific questions, It is shows like those that got me interested in Texas Holdem, because before then I had only ever played 5 Card Draw and Stud and they are played with a totally different strategy.
I learned enough about Texas Holdem watching the T.V. and Twitch, about how the game is played to eventually try and play myself, first On-line, then taking my On-line experience out into the real World of Live Poker.
I have never regretted my hours of watching Poker and sometime's I will watch one of the "Twitch" streamers while playing a free-roll On-line, I cannot say it helps me to concentrate on my own game, but I do enjoy playing and watching some of my Favorite streamers, in fact some time's they have their own "Home Games" where anyone can play against them and you can appear on their table during a Live stream.
It's all good fun and enjoyable.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think this is great because that way you can learn poker from many professionals and that helps a lot.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don`t watch it a lot, honestly only when are some of the freeroll passwords coming out, must be helpful but it takes time and patienty.