What Do You Think About Poker on Twitch?

kisjanik24

kisjanik24

Rock Star
Total posts
I think it can be very useful, for example, I always look at poker rooms and poker players while playing poker :):angel::angel::angel::angel::eek:

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Total posts
I like to use to twitch as a method of learning poker from professionals. I watch professional poker streamers play in mid and high stakes tournaments. When I do, I try to predict what the professional will do given the cards they have and situation they find themselves in. I don't always guess correctly, when I don't ill try to figure out why they did what they did and I'll try to take note of their actions.

I'm sure that there are better ways to learn poker, but I've really learned a lot from the streamers at no cost to me.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Total posts
twitch is an excellent platform for making money for people who have talents and charisma

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Twitch is essentially free lessons from some of the best players in the world. Observation of others is always how I have learned, and I don't just mean poker... for example, when I was younger the game of golf was my passion, not poker... and I learned how to become a "scratch" golfer simply by watching the pros play on television each week and trying to emulate them. Eventually I got my scoring average down to just 2 strokes over par for 18 holes without ever taking a formal lesson... and its the same with poker, I've improved my results quite a bit without ever taking lessons from a poker coach, all I've ever done is watch the best players and contemplate their strategies, then tried to incorporate those things into my own game over time, and see how they work for me. It's a never-ending "rinse and repeat" process, certainly not the fastest method towards improvement, but it's also clearly not the worst method either. Sometimes you can even ask the streamer why they made a particular play at the tables and if you're lucky they'll provide a direct answer to your question if they see it in the chat. Twitch is an invaluable (priceless) resource for this reason. My opinion obv.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Total posts
I think it can be very useful, for example, I always look at poker rooms and poker players while playing poker :):angel::angel::angel::angel::eek:

Twitch very informative platform.There are a lot of interesting things, especially the fun watching the final tables of the top regs. It helps a lot in poker. Self-learning is obtained.:D

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Total posts
i find it quite helpful, i always think about how i would play in the situation

N

neptun1914

Legend
Total posts
I do not useful twitch often but it looks like good and useful platform for gamers.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Total posts
I use twitch a lot, you can learn a lot from professional players, learn about their strategies, playing methods and lots of other useful information. Twitch is a very good invention. A lot of people also run online courses there. You can see the most interesting events in the world of live and online poker there.

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Total posts
I've seen live broadcasts of poker but it's hard to believe how lucky they are, they play with hands that one regularly loses, for example JA vs QA they have the worst hand and they win and this is repeated for example a classic 99 vs KK and it is incredible that always Win, my skin gets wrinkled when I see high-level players playing very high tournaments and winning with cards that don't make sense to play 23, 44, 56, 10J and win. :D

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Total posts
I find the platform very useful. But I'm not used to using it.

iwont20

iwont20

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
It's a pretty addictive time waster. You may learn something there, but I don't think it's the best option to invest your time. So in my opinion people just lying to themselves that they're learning, while they are just rather having fun and being lazy :p

Having said that, I think it is useful to watch a good stream once in a while. I have some favourite streamers, but as I'm not that good with the willpower, I prefer to stay away from it. At least for now.

Have nothing against it as a source of income. If people monetize it enough to live off it - good for them.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Is Twitch a dump after all?

Perhaps not, this is a normal platform with its own "bounces". Of course, hard rules give birth to toothless streamers who are afraid to express their personal opinions, but the point is, if you don't like something, you can always leave. No decent alternative to Twitch? Well, these are definitely not the problems of this streaming platform.

So Twitch is a perfectly normal streaming service. And while he is in a dominant position, and the streamers are quietly eating, then what Pakhom, sorry, the Twitch administration brought them on a silver platter, will not change anything.

On the whole, I took the most neutral position. Twitch has the right to establish its own rules on the platform, albeit absurd in places, but this is their right.

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Total posts
I like the platform. I always watch Lex Veldhuis's stream. He's also from the netherlands, like me, and I think he's the biggest poker streamer currently on Twitch.

R

RekterOfChildren

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
FI
I grew up with TwitchPoker

But nowadays I don't watch it, too meme, too franchised. When something gets popular it's always over

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
If earlier you needed a book to learn poker, now it's a video on Twitch or YouTube !!! For me, Twitch is very convenient and I quite often use it to watch videos !!!

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
There is a channel on Twitch that only has tournaments and it's live nonstop,so sometimes it's interesting to watch it.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
As for me, it's a very nice form of learning by watching professional players, especially those who explain hands, etc.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Total posts
In poker, experience is very important, and you get a lot of useful information by watching others play. so twitch is the perfect place to work on your own game.:)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
I like it , I watch Twitch whenever I have time but I don't think is a super good source of studying. You can learn a lot by some streamers who explains the reasoning behind their plays but imitate them without understanding perfectly what you are doing will be catastrophic(have done it my self LOL).

In general is a super entertaining source but don't rely only on that!

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Total posts
I think that it can help to see the movements of the professionals, I would not transmit nor could I be watching a transmission while I play, it totally takes away concentration and it would not be healthy for your game.

vnnby

vnnby

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
BY
Twitch is a good platform for learning poker.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Total posts
Awards
twitch is an excellent platform for making money for people who have talents and charisma

Absolutely - if you have an interest and a passion for entertaining people, it certainly is a good source of income, and many people are doing exactly that, and not just for poker, for all different types of gaming.

It is a good resource for entertainment and studying poker for sure but I got bored from it lately.

If you are watching a small number of streamers exclusively, you may want to try checking out different streamers, to see what they do. Who knows, you might even find your next favorite streamer without even trying.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Total posts
i'm brazilian and we have a lot of players on twich, for me it's a lot of fun and i always learn from those players.